1. Welcome summoner! Brave Frontier Forum is the number one Brave Frontier community. Our thriving community is the perfect place to ask for advice on that quest you're stuck on or to ask for tips on which units you should be using to make the ultimate squad! Be sure to sign up today, it only takes a moment! Registering will also hide in text advertisements!

Anybody used Jewel Keys?

Discussion in 'Events' started by Alex, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Alex

Alex Khaos

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Most pop leaders
    Hunter Rank:
    Once used, how long will the dungeon be open?
    Are there also 3 stages just same as the weekend's?

2. Eiris

Eiris Goddess Admin Administrator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    1 Big Cloud
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I used mine today. There is only one stage which consists of five levels and uses 15 energy, just like the Metal Dungeon. Also like the Metal Dungeon, it is open for an hour. It's great, though. The drop rate is MUCH better than the weekend dungeon.

Alex likes this.
  3. PirateJo

PirateJo Demon

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Felneus
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I disagree. I didn't get as any chests. Like metal parade, I caught a unit each stage.

On a typical Gold Vault lvl3 run, I net 50k from chests and 50k in catch.
    In the jewel parade I ran, I only made ~50k in catch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Eiris

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    1 Big Cloud
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Not getting chests isn't what I meant by the drop rate. Getting units is what drop rate means. So, yes, in terms of drop rate, this dungeon is much better. Do you sell the units you get? If you sell them, then you should be getting much more zel in a run than you would be getting during the weekend dungeon.

I get about 100K per weekend dungeon run. I got about 300K from one Jewel Key run & was able to get about 1 mil. zel before it closed on me.

5. PirateJo

PirateJo Demon

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Felneus
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Run into jewel gods much? I'm kinda skeptical.

50k per jewel god. 5 stages so potentially 250k from selling the gods. Jewel god only drops up to 5k zel. 25k unaccounted for, granted you ran into 5 jewel gods back to back. So between misc jewel units & the quest completion reward, you earned 25k zel.

The only thing I like about the Jewel Parade is the fact that it requires only 15 energy and it's basically accessible any day of the week. And it's new-player conquerable.

6. Eiris

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    1 Big Cloud
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I used, I think, two gems to restore my energy. And my energy is at 69, so you have to take that into account.

I did run into a few Jewel Gods, but I ran into WAY more Jewel Kings. I got heaps of those guys. I also earned more than 5k zel on my run. It was more like 10K. I've only used two Jewel keys, though, and have been saving my others, so I'll let you know the exact number when I do another one. Your numbers might be closer.

I just prefer the key dungeon because I found the drop rate far outweighed what I got using 30 energy on a Jewel dungeon run, when I could only use 15 energy. But maybe my drop rate has been really good or something.

7. PirateJo

PirateJo Demon

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Felneus
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    When you're talking about a run (singular), it doesn't really matter how much your total energy is.
    1 run is 1 quest completion. You could say more productive or energy-efficient because 69 energy gets you 5 jewel parade runs compared to 2 gold vault lvl30 runs.

I should run the parade again. I only caught 1 (2?) jewel gods each run so that could be affecting my average. Drastically over killed them already so I'll have to try something else.

Did you really use gems? You must have a zel deficiency as bad as the US deficit.

8. Eiris

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    1 Big Cloud
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    No, I have a lot of zel, but I wanted to see how much I could make in the hour given.

9. PirateJo

PirateJo Demon

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Felneus
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    More money than cents (pun)
    Just wanted to say that.

But interesting experiment. I'm not so liberal with my gems even though I'm not strictly a free-player.

10. PirateJo

PirateJo Demon

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Felneus
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    More money than cents (pun)
    Just wanted to say that.

But interesting experiment. I'm not so liberal with my gems even though I'm not strictly a free-player.

11. PuppyStew

PuppyStew Archangel

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zebra, Lodin, Uda, SGX, Felneus, Mare, Michelle, Logan
    Hunter Rank:
    If you have more energy, the Jewel Parade is better assuming you don't get bad luck and get all Jewel Ghosts (which sometimes happen to me).

12. Xentonic

Xentonic Sage

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ice Warrior Karl/Blade Hero Zelban
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I remember my first key all I got per run was 4 ghosts and 1 king :mad:
    then on my keys after that I started having better luck :D