Back in the game help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by David Foster, May 1, 2018.

1. David Foster

David Foster

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Colt or by request
    Level:
    170+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 3
    Recently got back into the game after about a year off (7star feeva was the best unit when I stopped playing) so I'm pretty far behind. I was curious if ultor equipped with dauntless shield was a good thing? Ultor with taunt and massive defense and dauntless shield negating defense ignore buffs?

2. Yoshino

Yoshino Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Who ever I feel like
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    PoK (JP) ID is 526828949
    Omnis a thing now so 7* are literally naff now. Feeva does however have a OE form so good news there but its a little outdated to the current meta. We are getting a new Ultor unit with taunt and also sphere wise we have better ones now

3. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Thanatos

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I believe 7* Feeva was "meta" like 2,5 years ago, so a lot has changed.:p The meta game has changed since 7* era, next step is the new evolution - Omni, and that as well has seen its fair share of powercreep, as in there are a handful on Omni evolved units that many would deem "trash" or such nowadays.

To sum up current "hard content" it seems like less turtling and more nuking kinda. Bosses throw so many nukes, buffwipes, dmg reflect and damage over time at you nowadays, so the faster you kill them, the better.

Focus has been shifted from rainbow squads back to mono squads.

When youre checking out units, don't pay attention to simply SBB buffs now, cause Omni evolved units have a lot of them and covering the "essentials" in the squad has gotten easier. Now also pay attention to a units SBB BB modifiers and if the unit has only a single aoe or ST attack on its SBB or if he can deal more, like aoe+ST or aoe+aoe. Next also the extra skill, newer units give decent party buffs from the extra skill as well and you can stack those up as well..

4. David Foster

David Foster

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Colt or by request
    Level:
    170+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 3
    Well I had a few hundred gems and lots of things stockpiled from before I quit the game, so I managed to summon a bit and have a couple Omni units, but I was curious as to what units are worth investing in currently.

5. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Thanatos

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    General guideline would be to check the unit cost of the omni unit, also how recent it is - as in go check the unit list in the BF wiki and start going backwards on the IDs.
    Exp crystals and imps are easy to come by (medal rush is now permanents and parades cost 0 en, you jsut need the keys), but save the Omni + materials for the units you have truly deemed worthwhile, because the tomes arent too easy to come by atm.

6. David Foster

David Foster

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Colt or by request
    Level:
    170+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 3
    What I was meaning is are only Omni capable units considered good now? Are 7* worthless now? I'm a high enough level that I can have almost a full squad of 8*

7. Yoshino

Yoshino Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Who ever I feel like
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    PoK (JP) ID is 526828949
    7* are pretty worthless now. though now and again older exclusives that are 7* max gain use when events where they give extra tokens come around

8. David Foster

David Foster

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Colt or by request
    Level:
    170+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 3
    So just a little question, the extra skills? If I have a unit that has 20% boost to all parameters, is that a boost to just them, or the whole squad?

9. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Thanatos

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Unless the ES description says "...for all allies" . Then its just for the unit itself.
    There are some exceptions tho, like Shinon. If you look at the wiki
    http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Disnomian_Emperor_Shion
    it says his Parameter boost affects all allies, even tho the in game description does not say it.
    Generally tho most new units say it in the ES description what part of the ES affects all allies, if so.