Quest Guide Bectas Map Boss Guide (Summoner Arc, Map 1)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by brokenhanger, Aug 18, 2016.

1. brokenhanger

brokenhanger Barrager

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Sirius
    Level:
    330+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper
    Possible spoilers ahead, duh.

I hadn't seen a comprehensive list of what bosses appear on what stages on the (as of now) forthcoming Bectas map (the first map of the Summoner Arc); since Elemental strengths/weaknesses and status effects play a large part of some of the bosses, I thought I'd throw one together for people to reference when it landed in Global if they so choose. I don't have all the translated names, I'll update them when it hits Global. All stage/boss observations are mine from playing through the map, but some technical info was confirmed at this AppInvasion thread.

A few general rules of thumb:

• Take a Sword/Spear Summoner pair when available.
    • Change your Summonerʼs element to the strong element against the boss you are facing and choose a friend that has the same element with the opposite weapon.
    • When going against Dark and/or Light bosses, either choose the opposite and bring the appropriate Stone to boost your stats or choose any of the 4 neutral elements for better survival.
    • Double HP LS spheres (when unlocked) is incredibly helpful in the higher levels.
    • After 4-5, you unlock your first subunit and things get much easier, though some stages are still obnoxious. In general, Layla works fantastic for everything from 5-1 to 7-5 and I found Eclise to be the MVP for the Ex dungeon, though obviously many other units work as well.
    • Some stages have fixed guests, I'll include them in a note after the boss. Reda is currently a Japanese-only unit available by purchasing an art book; it is unknown if Global will bring her over just for this or if they'll replace her with someone else.
    • I'd recommend against fighting Mimics until you unlock your subunit; they give a huge EXP boost but are incredibly difficult early on and will likely cost you too many resources, possibly leaving you unable to finish the board.
    • As a general rule, you'll be bringing 10x Cures, 7 x High Cures, 3 x Fujin Potions, 1 x Revive and 2 x Revive Lights - unless you need specific ailment relievement and/or elemental stones, in which case take out the Fujins and single Revive - until you unlock your subunit. (Replace Revives with Crescent Dews for Global if desired.) Early bosses will be a race to finish them off before you run out of resources.

Areas 1 & 2
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

Areas 3 & 4

Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

Areas 5 & 6

Area 7

Ex

2. DeathSc

DeathSc

Server:
    Japanese
    Leader:
    Zelnite
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Lich can definitely curse for area 3-3