Been off the game for almost a year, so how much have I missed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Masbro, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Masbro

Masbro Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Deimos / Kira / Quaid / Tridon
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier, COC, Colossatron
    The last time I played was late October 2015, and because BF was taking a toll on my phone's internal memory I had to let it go. Now my new phone has much more space to support the game, and after downloading it looks like a lot more content has been added. So it brings up a few questions regarding my units..
    These below are my units which I think are still useful, and almost all are fully leveled and evolved:
    - Vargas (still 6*) :fire:
    - Alpha
    - Seria
    - Magnazorda
    - Ciara
    - Claire
    - Selena :water:
    - Zerafalgar
    - Vernil
    - Tridon
    - Elimo
    - Medina
    - Iris
    - Reeze (still 6*)
    - Edea :earth:
    - Quaid
    - Dilma
    - Tora
    - Oguro
    - Toutetsu
    - Andaria
    - Deimos :thunder:
    - Balgran
    - Griel
    - Orna (still 6*)
    - Kanon
    - Rize
    - Kagura
    - Eze
    - Kira :light:
    - Will
    - Raaga
    - Atro
    - Melchio
    - Nemethgear
    - Feeva :dark:
    - Alice
    - Shida
    - Mifune
    - Kikuri
    - Aaron
    - Reis
    - Kafka
    - Chrome
    - Hadaron
    (Bolded units are the one's I often used., I think...)

1. Overall, are my units still sufficient enough for the new Questing, Raid, Arena and Trial battles?
    2. Which of these could be said "obsolete" and can be replaced with the newer units?
    3. What units should I really try to get?

Thanks beforehand for any help given :D

2. Firish

Firish Karma Killer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ❤ Ensa or by requests ❤
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    daily daily daily.
    Atro :light:
    Selena :water:
    Rize :thunder:
    Eze :thunder:
    Alice :dark:
    Mifune :dark:
    Vargas :fire: *

Those are the units getting Omni Evo and might as well being your priority to raise.
    Vargas is not so good, you can easily find his replacements later on.
    Atro is a reliable tri-stat buffer, Selena is a reliable HoT unit as well as Arena/Colo Queen.
    Mifune is a 1 hit killer--AI bypasser, Arena/Colo unit.
    Eze is a better spark buffer than Chrome.
    Rize is soon getting her Omni, and thus, returned as a nuker queen.
    Alice is a good support unit, might as well raising her.

that much said, they're legacy and old units, maybe you need to spend some tickets/gems to pull some new units.

For your question:
    1. Viable units for questing & arena---and maybe some RC6 bosses, but when you reach Mildran you'll want to have better units by then. Wider choice, wider chance to win.
    2. We are in Omni era right now (or in jap: Dream Evo). so basically 7* units are having hardships holding in their spot in the current meta . That said, 7* is still usable in some cases tho.
    3. Probably you will want to get yourself a Zelnite. lol. and prob some chicks. :p

you might want to check a few things tho:
    such as a raid guide... or a dream evo guide.

Masbro likes this.
  3. TheLanimal89

TheLanimal89 Bia

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite, Regil, Keres
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FF XV
    I was out for awhile myself and recently got back into the game a few months ago....I'm still learning! Omni Evolutions are the way to go right now (or 8*). You definitely want to level up your Vargas and Selena and Eze (Eze and Selena are the best Omni starters IMO).

4. Masbro

Masbro Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Currently Playing:
    I know how you feel, it's like i'm a noob all over again LOL. Really, this Omni evolution is a lot to digest. I'm still trying to figure if any of my 7* non-Omni units are still usable for my primary squad.

So if I were to focus on Atro, Selena, Mifune and Eze (and lets say I decided to put them on my primary team)..which of my 7* non-omni unit could fill that final slot?
    I'm taking your advice and skipping on vargas, and i'll probably skip alice as well.
    With the units I have right now, what would be a good arena/colo squad?
    Ah yes, I've heard that Zelnite is the new BB support god now.. I'll try and get him as well :D
    Wha about those new Divine Ten summons? Are they worth getting?
    Last question,hehe.. Are my current mitigators still okay?

5. Humen200

Humen200 Commander

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Diva hatsune miku
    Level:
    IMO, its better to raise Alice instead of mifune, unless u like to play arena and colo a lot, since Alice's Omni is quite good. last slot should probly be filled by a mitigator, although u might not need one for normal quests. ur mitigators are alright, still useable just there are some new ones that are better. krantz has an omni version that can be enhanced for 2 turn mitigation for example. Good arena/colo squad: Mifune OE (L), Atro OE, Selena OE, Eze OE and either Iris for her +1 hitcount or another OE unit like Alice.

6. Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter Archangel

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai, Ark, Zeruiah
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The Witch and the Hundred Knight, Brave Frontier
    Let's see... basically OE units are more or less 8 star units, but any unit can make the jump to OE. Prime example, Mifune pulled a Vegeta, skipped 7* and went straight into OE.

SP is grind af, but equally important.

Christmas exclusive was a reindeer centaur with infinite aoe sbb, a spark blanket, bc/hc, and add all 6 elements. You'll most likely see a lot of her on Mondays. Rates sucked, frosty gate was the spawn of satan, people were mad af.

Valentines exclusive were cool as hell steampunk witch hunters. One a werewolf, and the other a wereraven. Outclassed to all hell now, but rad designs.

Bonnie and Carol got 7 stars, and Carrol is pretty much basically the best Tristats 7 star unit period. Bonnie was just meh. Cute, but meh.

Eneroth batch got Korzan's dragon daddy and Nyami's tiger sister. Azurai is like a mix of OE Atro and OE Avant, but with some borderline horrid sustain issues. Nyami's sister is pretty much trash.

2 Turn mitigation is a thing, and is starting to become 100% neccessary.

Spring exclusives were a thing and are literally so good they're still among the most popular leads with Ark and Azurai OEs. The light typed one, Juno, is probably one of the most desired mitigators in the game rn.

Oh, Tilith finally got 6 and 7 star forms. The bc cost is just oh god why, but she's pretty damn good.

Oh, Summoner Arc is on the way. Basically you play as yourself with limited summoning abilities. How limited? Let's just say you should keep good 5 * Units on hand.

JSlick and sparda69x like this.
  7. Sustainer

Sustainer The Engineer Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai + whatever(TheywillkillmeifItakehimdown)
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dying Light, D3:UEE, Fallout 4
    Just to append to the Mifune comments - if he ain't breaker - don't bother - generally I don't particularly care for typings, nor should anyone else.

However - You can farm Mifune, without a lot of difficulty - might take some time, but it is possible.

8. Firish

Firish Karma Killer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ❤ Ensa or by requests ❤
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    daily daily daily.
    Wanted to reply but most already replied lol.

Krantz is a good non limited unit mitigator.
    Another notable mitigator is Juno which is limited. Both 2 turn mitigation.
    Current mitigator that you own --Edea-- is okay. But for new map bosses (mildran) you would like 2 turns mitigation instead of 1 turn.

As people have said above, I think raising Alice is better since she has 8* and a good support unit and def converter.
    Mifune is strict to arena or Colo usage imo.

Oh about the divine gate, depends if you want melord or kalon, but they are skippable. Check their kit first, I think it is available on the forum too. Also the new global exclusive summon pool with resummon one of your 2 pulls is worth summoning, knowing that you have limited pool of units atm. If you get Nyami, Azurai, both are good.

9. Masbro

Masbro Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Currently Playing:
    Sorry for the late reply people. After reading your replies i'm slowly getting a hang of what's going in BF :p
    It's a shame I don't have Krantz and my biggest chances of summoning him is if he happens to be included in a specific summoning pool..
    I currently have Selena and Alice in their Omni form, and now I'm wondering who else concentrating on: Atro or Eze/Eliza? I guess Mifune can wait,hehe..

One thing for sure though, the last time I played I was wondering what was I going to do with all these merit points? Now I know.. :rofl: