Can i make a nuke squad listed?

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by StrikeDescent, May 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. StrikeDescent

StrikeDescent Dragoon

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya
    Level:
    Omni:water: Azami, 7*:water: Azami, 7*:water: Azami,
    Omni:fire: Lyonesse, Omni:fire: Alessa, Omni:water: Elimo,
    Omni:light: Agress, Omni:light: Ionia, Omni:dark: Magress,
    Omni:dark: Mifune, Omni:dark: Kalon, Omni:dark: Ensa-Taya
    7*:thunder: Eze, 7*:light: Garrel, 7*:dark: Mizerka,
    7*:fire: Limera, 7*:fire: Gildorf, 7*:fire: Lyonesse,
    6*:light: Rinon, 6*:light: Layla, 5*:dark: Kafka,
    7*:dark: Zekuu, Omni:earth: Gyras, Omni:thunder: Fizz,
    Omni:thunder: Viktor, 6*:light: Atro, *:fire: Vargas,
    6*:fire: Volarda, 5*:fire: Rineth, 5*:fire: Limera,
    5*:water: Iris, 5*:water: Farzen, 5*:earth: Dion,
    7*:thunder: Fizz, 7*:thunder: Viktor. These are all my units at the moment and if i cant oh well i just wanted some advice :)

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    You do not own any units who can be used as a leader for nuke squad. No crit dmg lead skill.

The current Guilty Gear collab event allows you to farm Sol in vortex. Sol can be used as leader for nuke squad as his LS has a crit dmg boost.

Dizzy in rare summon, also part of the collab, is also a crit dmg leader.

No crit lead, no nuke squad.

3. StrikeDescent

StrikeDescent Dragoon

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya
    Level:
    So i got :fire:Sol, can you tell me what units to use for the "nuke" squad that im trying to accomplish.

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Even with Sol this is kinda half-assed for a nuke squad, as you have serious problems filling squad slots for a nuke build.

:fire:Sol (Lead) + :fire:Alessa, :thunder:Eze, :dark:Ensa-Taya (or Ionia?), (and something in last slot)

Alessa needs to be SP'd for crit rate and dmg in this build, if squad is casting SBBs. Eze needs to be SP'd for self damage increase options (e.g. self spark, crit dmg). Ensa SP'd for sparks fill BB gauge if this is being used for auto runs of something like Frontier Hunter or anything else with multiple turns, or possibly cast Ionia BB.

Some issues, though:

First, Sol's lead skill's pretty good for a crit build, especially since he's a free unit. Issue is that his SBB does not deal damage, so when attacking you may wish to cast his BB. There is one upside to his lack of damage on SBB, for FH and the 'guard frontier' strategy where you fuck around for each stage guarding most units and casting one unit who has a non-damage BB/SBB to fill Overdrive, then when OD is full you use a crit UBB (Sol's will work, but a friend Avant/Arthur/Dizzy also functions). If build is being used for crit kill of older bosses, this doesn't matter since likely you will go in with a hero crystal and fujins to fill gauges and get off a UBB on first turn, and you can use Sol's UBB (or since you can only carry five Fujins, use friend Avant/Arthur/Dizzy UBB, preferably Arthur/Dizzy, and just don't fujin Sol at all).

Second, squad has no good options for six element damage add (add fire/water/thunder/earth/light/dark to attacks) which is considered key for this sort of build. More important in the FH context but still a thing for regular nuking. You want those weakness bonuses/hits.

Third, squad uses Ensa-Taya, which is a problem. This is a problem because Ensa-Taya's animation is such that she almost certainly calculates damage for her first turn attack before everyone else on the squad moves/buffs for first turn - doesn't matter if you try and fudge it with autobattle order, that doesn't do shit if you're using 0ms delay auto or something. Main issue is she moves before the crit rate and damage buffs apply from Alessa SBB (or Sol/Arthur/Dizzy UBB), so Ensa doesn't benefit from the increased crit rate/dmg. Problem is that you lack options for a unit to do sparks fill BB gauge for the build - it is possible to use Ionia for this I guess, but Ionia has to cast BB and not SBB for that. Do you NEED sparks fill BB gauge for the build? Yes and no - you do if this is for auto runs of Frontier Hunter, or for event vortex runs where boss can be crit killed (as you have multiple stages to fight through and need to regen BB gauges). It is not necessary strictly speaking if squad is used for literal one-turn battles (no preceding stages, no subsequent stages) in nuking some older style bosses.

Fourth, squad doesn't have two identical duplicate nuke units, you ideally need 2x Eze or something better than Eze (e.g. Rize, Lauda, whatever). Viktor does have fairly high damage on SBB and you have two Viktors, but Viktor is not considered a dedicated nuke unit because he simply does not have great SP options to boost his own damage for a nuke squad (the damage boosts he does have are geared more to arena, because Viktor in general is geared towards arena). You want two copies of the same nuke unit for perfect sparking.

5. StrikeDescent

StrikeDescent Dragoon

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya
    Level:
    I forgot to ask something else i got Hisui (I know that hisui is a good buff unit or whatever, and that hes a mitigator) and Zeek (I dont know if hes good)

6. StrikeDescent

StrikeDescent Dragoon

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya
    Level:
    So i really dont know what to use as my last unit what should it be?

7. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Hisui's a damn good unit.

But... he's a defensive unit, we're talking nuking here. If you're nuking shit you're going all in on damage with no healing or defenses. You should be killing everything in one turn. If you aren't able to kill everything in one turn, then you shouldn't be running a nuke squad for whatever you're trying to do. :p
    Probably Zeek. I don't actually know Zeek's kit that well since he's not popular, so I'm not offhand sure about his base dmg modifier, but he does have the good nuking SP options (e.g. up to 120% extra self spark dmg) so he should be functional as a nuke.

8. StrikeDescent

StrikeDescent Dragoon

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya
    Level:
    Sooooo.... i got :thunder:Silas and :light:Gabriela should i switch :fire:Sol for :thunder:Silas and :dark:Zeek for :light:Gabriela?

9. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Use Silas as lead. With Silas in build, remove Alessa. Maybe bring both Gabriela and Zeek.

Bear in mind Gabriela is not actually a great nuke. She has a SBB that is statted like a nuke, but she does not have the SP options to really maximise damage output.

10. Arvandor

Arvandor Legend

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Natsu / Lucius / Shion (a bit fluid though)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Legacy of Discord
    Yeah, Gabby is more of a swiss army knife utility unit with an amazing AI blanket UBB with a better heal effect than Holia's, and a twin hit SBB. Which makes her hit hard for a support unit, but still not all THAT hard.

11. StrikeDescent

StrikeDescent Dragoon

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya
    Level:
    I got :light:Diastima and :light:Mora

12. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    You want to use Mora, yeah... that means you're looking at Sol (Lead) + Alessa, Mora, Eze, (and something in last slot, maybe a second Eze, maybe a high hit count unit, or element add if you get them).

Diastima is an ailment inflict unit (like Azami) which is useful for boss fights but not necessary for FH. I suppose you could use Diastima in an FH build on the basis that the extra attack component of Diastima's SBB will occasionally trigger, but I wouldn't consider that good or necessary for an FH setup as such.

13. StrikeDescent

StrikeDescent Dragoon

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya
    Level:
    So like Avant/Dizzy/Author for friend?

14. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Basically, yeah.

15. StrikeDescent

StrikeDescent Dragoon

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya
    Level:
    Is Velma, Lasswell and Rain any good?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  16. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Depends on why you're asking. If this is still for a nuke squad, the only nuke squad unit there is Lasswell, who is a spark dmg buffer and heavy hitter.

Velma is for stat debuff and ailments, she's for raid/trial/GGC or other hard bosses - consider her an all-in-one debuff unit. She has ele vuln inflict but I doubt that really contributes drastically to DPS output in a nuke squad.

Rain is also for raid/trial/GGC setups (or regular quest as well I suppose), he is a mitigator who also does base stat buffs and stat stack - consider him an all-in-one defensive buffer. Rain also does some atk debuff though Velma's of course vastly better at the role.

You have other units that do their squad roles, but they might represent an upgrade and open up other squad builds. Lasswell and Rain are considered quite good, Velma...it's probably alright but I wouldn't see her as a must-have.

17. StrikeDescent

StrikeDescent Dragoon

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya
    Level:
    Can you make me a GGC/Trials squad?
    Units
    Water:
    Elimo, Azami, Quartz, Azami, Azami, Lasswell
    Thunder: Eze, Silas, Fizz, Fizz, Viktor, Beiorg
    Fire: Alessa, Sol, Vargas, Gildorf, Lyonesse, Rain, Rain
    Earth: Hisui, Dion
    Light: Ionia, Mora, Gabriela, Diastima, Ark, Rinon, Layla, Elphelt
    Dark: Magress, Zeek, Kalon, Ensa-Taya, Eclise, Zekuu, Velma

18. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    TRIAL/GGC
    :fire:Rain (or Hisui, Lead) + :light:Gabriela, :light:Elphelt (or Elimo), :light:Mora, :dark:Velma (or Azami/Diastima)
    :fire:Rain (or Hisui, Lead) + :light:Gabriela, :light:Elphelt (or Elimo), :dark:Ensa-Taya (or Ionia), :thunder:Fizz

- SP Rain/Hisui for two turn duration on 50% dmg reduction buff
    - SP Elphelt (or Hisui) for status ailment cleanse/removal
    - If using Elimo instead of Elphelt, SP Elimo or Gabriela for heal over three turns
    - If using Ensa-Taya, SP Ensa for sparks fill BB gauge. If using Ionia, SP for spark dmg buff (unless friend is Regil). If using Ensa or Ionia, sphere them for ailment inflict (vorpal chainblades, metal orb, virulent device, etc). Cast Ensa BB (not SBB) for ailments, cast Ionia SBB (not BB) for ailments.
    - If using Ionia, remember that her sparks fill BB gauge is on BB (not SBB), meaning she must alternate between BB and SBB.
    - note that while Ensa has the best ailment inflict chance with an ailment sphere, she has very weak defenses which may be an issue in trial/GGC - she dies easily
    - cast Gabriela UBB early as a safety net, this is for the 80% angel idol effect (80% chance units don't die when killed, buff lasts until triggered).
    - Ensa/Ionia build has room for Fizz in last slot for OD fill and normal hit buffs. Don't underestimate normal hit effects, this can matter in trial/GGC where you may be restricted from BB/SBB use. Granted Fizz is not the strongest normal hit buffer (more AOE than normal hit dmg) but hey, whatever.
    - friend units for this build: :light:Regil, :light:Jack-O', :fire:Azurai, possibly Rozalia, Zekt, Feng, Long, etc.

: Squad Help