Content Is WAY Too Fn Hard Now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MacCheez, May 7, 2018.

?

Do you feel certain content is outrageously hard and units are becoming more one-sidedly unbalanced?

Poll closed Today at 7:09 AM.
  1. yes

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MacCheez

MacCheez Khaos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Xenon
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Lost Saga, Fortnite, Paladins, TF2, GTA V
    Like WTF is going on at head quarters that they think this shit is OK? I mean if you can't IUBB in some of these quest you're basically toast! This ain't cool.. I remember when I first started back in like idek when but haile and korzan and Elaina weren't even a thing yet! The game was fun then. Still challenging enough to not be able to clear certain stuff without a decent sqaud setup and a good strategy BUT FUN! NOW !?

WITH ALL THESE BS SKILL SETS ON ONLY CERTAIN UNITS THAT LET YOU BECOME A GODLIKE PERSONA AND ALL THE REST LACKING THIS FEEL MUCH MORE P2W THAN EVER AND I GUESS IM JUST SICK OF IT...

WHAT happened to wanting to spend money on this game because OMG that unit looks so awesome ilove this game !? Now its more like sigh let's check my budget because if I don't get this unit I definately can't clear Karna masta ... Welp here another 100 gems out the window for the wrong type smh. And that's IF YOU GOT THE UNIT..

Am I tripping or what.. I feel hella slighted. I mean am I the only one?

2. Yoshino

Yoshino Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Who ever I feel like
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    PoK (JP) ID is 526828949
    Your not wrong (though I still summon mainly based on Artwork) but the type thing is the wrong part. In this day and age type means diddly squat (thats why bf2 has no types at all). But regarding difficulty Gumi will never win because the community moans when its too easy and then moan when its too hard. Cheesing stuff has been around since hadaron was available when people was using his stealth to make maxwell no be able to attack (infact alot of trials got beaten that way)

3. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    You raise some good points and some that I disagree with.

Everything used in iUBB is relatively or very F2P friendly. Friend senbonzakura miku - free. Ezra lead - free, just beat her trial which is ez. Ravea - free via guild relics. Shion - dirt common and available in the last 20 UoCs anyways. Wildcard OD filler - Fizz works fine despite being 5000 years old, don't need 'cool' LE fillers. Allanon is another good, common unit. My last iUBB team was Ezra/Senbon miku leads, Fizz Shion Allanon Ravea, did the FR fine first run, the only LE was the friend senbonmiku.

Types haven't mattered, AT ALL, in a long fucking time either. It's almost a joke at this point, they make 0 difference whatsoever.

That all said, BF has pretty much always sucked at hard content, Alim (Alza/Karna masta SZ) and Gumi (latest FR/GR in general) both being excellent examples of crappy design, and I definitely feel like the FR in particular was heavily overtuned to pretty much require iUBB for an easy clear.

The constant torrent of overpowered LEs with terrible rates such that even light P2P can't come close to keeping up sucks as well, lol.

Yoshino likes this.
  4. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Thanatos

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I kinda get you, but you brought bad examples. Karma Masta SZ was designed by Alim for BF JP endgame, thus should definitely be doable without relying too much on Gumi powercreeped LE units.
    Alza Masta SZ is somewhat exceptional because Gumi buffed his normal hit resistances big time to prevent +hit nuking him, it sux overall because the trial limits your BB usage per turn or get punished. I just cleared it recently. Altho while not exactly going iUBB, I did use Ravea UBB for 2nd action because the whole "BB use count per turn" that is the gimmick of the trial only counts the unit's 2nd action is Ravea UBB was used, thus allowing one to nuke down AM a lil faster than intended.:p

The Frontier Rifts I kinda agree with. At least I get the feeling Gumi hasn't "fairly" balanced those. Till this day I haven't managed to beat Nimune in Raugh Phantasm no matter how "trial-y" I made my squad and most clears I've seen have been with Fire nuke squads containing units and spheres I do not posses. Reading, that forgotten magic seems to be near impossible as well without iUBB or Wintia's 100% dot resist UBB.:eek: Haven't really tried it too much because I'm not actively participating in it as a guild event.:oops:

Unit types have been argued enough, but the general idea are "types don't matter". You maybe got confused seeing people post something "did 15 summons for 1st, then another 33 for 2nd!:mad:". But they didn't summon for a 2nd because they were displeased with he type, but they summoned for a dupe for perfect sparking purposes. But this can be argued that since perfect sparking brings in the big points in Frontier Hunter and FH is now seasonal mono-elements, its somewhat p2w indeed. You may have a decent meta dark nuke squad for FH and its your best nuke squad, but if its FH mono thunder season, ya gonna lose in points to the guy with a meta earth nuking squad.:p

Looking at the LE units released, many actually seem "skippable" because you may already have similar units for "hard content", however if you wanna do the pvp content (GR, FH, vortex arena) you will be better off having the proper mono element squad for those events and a f2p definitely cant keep up bolstering squads for all elements, so again, kinda gives off a p2w vibe also.

A nice indicator on how unbalanced units are becoming is colo. Take your Selena, Glenns, Zekuus etc and see how you do.:p I know for a fact that 90% of my 1st battle losses, I see only a single enemy Erza surviving and beating down my squad that had the first turn advantage all while my units go: 1. Lil to no dmg, 2. Triggerign her AI 3+ times, 3. Miss miss miss miss miss....:confused:

So basically, youre definitely not the only one who gets the feeling the game is more p2w now than ever.;)
    However I think that the unit artwork is as good as its been(y), so if you summoned before because "unit looks so awesome", then that should not have changed.

5. Darius Twin

Darius Twin Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Roglizer / Alza Masta
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I agree in some aspects. I've been playing since year 1 and still don't have an iUBB team. I have the units, and will eventually do it, but frankly I just don't care at this point.

I beat everything without iUBB except Karna Masta SZ and the latest Forbidden Magic Xenon. Xenon is the point where I tossed my hands up. I can get him to 50%, but it's far too tedious with all the debuffs, piercing, bb drains, OP this and OP that. I think Gumi/Alim decided that people SHOULD have iUBB squads and this was the quest to make people finally do it.

I fully support hard end-game content, 100%. However, making something so hard it's past the border of ridiculous is, well, ridiculous.

6. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkwalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    I gave up on Xenon. I'm getting good, but not that good. Need more time. I will say this though.. I'm pretty sure if you have like, 5 guild members spamming that rift for the entire duration of the event, and quitting right before xenon, you'd get all the goodies it entails. So, beating it may not be realistic for a lot of folks, but at least you can still get stuff.

I gave up on the event in general because time and there are other areas of the content in the game that make me feel good about myself. Even Colo gives me more validation that that crazy rift shit.

7. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    Only your highest score counts for the FR event, reruns are only to look for a better high score.

I hate to say it but iUBB is easy enough nowadays that I'd highly recommend it for clearing, it feels pretty cheap but then again Xenon/Estia are also pretty goddamn cheap so it works out lol.

The total guild rewards are pretty easy though in general, at least in a good sized active guild.

Yoshino likes this.