Dev Diary

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eleiryn, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    http://news.gumi.sg/bravefrontier/news/files/html/2018-01/news_UpcomingFeatures2018_1515504950.html

Greetings Summoners!

2017 has been an exciting year for everyone with features such as Frontier Rift and the return of the ever-popular Vortex Arena! We also had numerous exciting collaborations as well! Thank you for your support in making them a success.

This 2018, the Brave Frontier Global Team will continue to bring more content and feature updates for you! In this issue of Dev Diary, we will be providing you with the following updates:
    • New Frontier Rift CO-OP Content Release
    • Global Exclusive Hunter Rank Expansion
    • Balancing PvP Content
    • Challenge Arena Update
    • Quality of Life Improvements
    • Loyalty Token and Event Bazaar Updates
    • Omni Unit Updates
    [​IMG]
    New Frontier Rift CO-OP Content Release

This year, our development team will be focusing on improving and creating more content for Frontier Rift. We are emphasizing Frontier Rift as the core content to expand Global Exclusive lore and provide high level players with a variety of challenges and strategic gameplay.

Thus, your feedback is of utmost importance to us. We are aware of the concerns that have been brought up and we will be addressing them individually.

For example, we are currently modifying the scoring parameters to decrease the amount of points awarded by overkill damage. We want to encourage players to explore other Squad setups and techniques to maximize their scores, promoting variety in challenging Frontier Rift and putting your skills, with all squad types, to the test!In addition, executing Sparks and multikills will provide a large amount of bonus points. We are also keeping the number of waves per Frontier Rift to a maximum of 10. This will help reduce frustration and improve replayability. Boss waves will also provide significantly more points than regular monster waves.

Weekly Challenge missions are also going to be implemented to help Summoners acquire additional Rift Tokens. The challenges will task Summoners with defeating specific bosses in these Rift Quests.

Lastly, a new Rift format involving Guilds is currently in development. The new format aims to incentivize cooperative play with your Guild members. Together with the help of your fellow Guild members, you can obtain high scores to earn exclusive rewards!

[​IMG]

The upcoming Frontier Rift slated for January is a continuation of the Raug Phantasm saga. Join the Resistance and revisit the Raug invasion to defeat Zael, Golvorg, and Jirayen. Bring your best Light, Water and Earth mono squads to obtain high scores and acquire Zelion to implement him in your squad!

[​IMG]
    "I don't need your help. I don't need anyone's help.
    Go away. You're useless to me."

Note: Above artwork is still Work-in-Progress.
    Zelion will be available as a milestone reward following the release of Frontier Rift - Breaching the Nebula.

[​IMG]
    Global Exclusive Hunter Rank Expansion

Moving into 2018, we have plans to expand on the Frontier Hunter Rank reward brackets. Rewards will include new and existing Global Exclusive Spheres and Elgifs, Omni+ Materials and Fusion Materials. New Unit Rewards are also being considered at certain Hunter Rank milestones.

The purpose of increasing the Hunter Ranks is to provide more relevant and up-to-date rewards for players who have been diligently playing Frontier Hunter every month.

In addition to the expansion of Hunter Ranks, an element rotation will also be set for Frontier Hunter, where all the enemies will be changed to a single element type every season. This design is aligned with our direction of encouraging players to build mono-elemental Squads. We will like players to use different strategies and optimize their mono-elemental Squads to outplay each other and achieve the highest score.

[​IMG]
    Balancing PvP Contents

With the advent of high end Spheres and Elgifs with extreme healing and defensive capabilities, it has come to our attention that the current balance of PvP content has been negatively affected in the form of more consistent battle time-outs.

Some of the outstanding Spheres and Elgifs include:
    • Yggdrasil Edict

• Heaven-Binder

• Healer’s Lament

• Icy Battle Record
    To address this issue and improve the general user experience, our team is currently looking into exposing and/or adding specific passive and active damage reduction and healing per turn “caps,” which will be applied to Vortex Arena first. After that, the possibility to add that to Arena and Colosseum will be reviewed.

[​IMG]
    Challenge Arena Update

During 2016, our team made a tough decision to close the Challenge Arena because we wanted to properly address the frustration it brought to our players. Regrettably, after much deliberation and consideration, we have decided to focus our efforts on improving other global features of the game, such as Frontier Rift, Vortex Arena, and Guild Raid, rather than on Challenge Arena. We believe that it would be more beneficial for our players if we concentrate on these and on creating new content, and thus plan to pursue these goals further in its stead.

As a token of apology, we would like to send the following to all players:
    • 6★ Brave Kurewa & Kuraginn (Omni evolvable!)
    We are aware that our players have remaining Rainbow Coins, Silver Coins and Gold Coins due to their previous participations in Challenge Arena. Therefore, in addition to the Units above, we will also be converting these 3 types of coins to useful items that are relevant to the current content:
    • Rainbow Coins balance will be converted to Summon Tickets (Max: 10)
    • Silver Coins balance will be converted to Geminus Tomes (Max: 20)
    • Gold Coins balance will be converted to Duel Tokens (Max: 2000)
    The 6★ Kurewa & Kuraginn can be evolved directly to Omni Rarity. Players will need to have Rainbow, Silveror Gold Coins to be eligible for the respective rewards mentioned above. The unit and and the other items will be sent to players' Present Boxes by end of January 2018.

[​IMG]
    Quality of Life Improvements

In the upcoming months of early 2018, our developers will be working to bring you these QoL improvements that the community has long awaited for:
    • Enabling 3x Speed in Arena, Colosseum and selected Vortex Dungeons.
    • Summoner Avatar Reinforcement STP Filter
    In addition, we will also start working on the next most wanted QoL feature from our community. Vote HERE now from this list below:
    • Auto-sell all Units and Items gathered from Quest for Quest Repeat mode
    • Increase Item stack limit
    • Omni+ Option in Filter Menu
    • Honor Summon Slider Function to allow >10 summons per time
    Lastly, from your feedback, we have made adjustments to our event calendar. In 2018, we are having:
    • Permanent Super Fusion Rates Up
    • Permanently Availability of All RC6 Raids
    • Monthly Summoner Half STP Event
    [​IMG]
    Brave Insignia Token and Event Bazaar Updates

Brave Insignia Tokens are intended as a form of appreciation, a way for us to give back to the community. Our objective is to allow all players to eventually be able to exchange for every reward in the Event Bazaar. Brave Insignia Tokens are obtainable from every Summon Gate with the step-up mechanic.

In addition, the Brave Insignia campaign will be extended permanently for our loyal Summoners. The Brave Insignia Event Bazaar will be permanently opened, and to top it off, we are adding an exclusive reward Unit, Svalin, for Insignia exchange!

[​IMG]

Omni Unit Updates

[​IMG]
    Note: Above artwork is still Work-in-Progress.
    Both Randolph and Ravenna 7★ will be able to evolve to the same Omni Unit.

In February, expect Randolph & Ravenna to return with an Omni Update and an alternate twist to their original grim fate! Furthermore, Allanon is expected to receive an Omni upgrade this coming March.

We are dedicated on expanding on Global Exclusive lore and units, including giving Omni Updates to some of our old time favourites such as the two units mentioned above!

Now, we would like to give players a chance to choose their preferred Unit to receive an Omni Update! We will be polling for your pick on just who the next Omni Unit should be, so make sure to choose from any of the Units listed below:
    1. Lucia
    2. Avani
    3. Haile
    4. Korzan
    5. Mikael
    6. Andaria
    7. Aurelia
    8. Hadaron
    9. Zedus
    Vote for your favourite unit from the list HERE now!

Language Support Update

To support the above changes and improvements for our game, we will need to reshuffle and optimize our team. As such, we will be phasing out language support for the Bahasa Indonesia and Thai languages.

Until February 2018, players who are using these languages can still continue to use them but they will be receiving new content in the English language instead. In February, language settings for the above 2 languages will be disabled and all players currently using them will be switched to using one default language: English.

We advise all applicable players to change their language setting to English as soon as possible to have a consistent experience while playing the game.

Premium Currency Management Update

In addition, to improve the management of our premium currency, starting from Jan 10, we will be showing “Bonus Gems” and “Paid Gems” under player’s Gems Summary.

You can access your Gem Balance Summary via the Summary button from Shop > Purchase Gems screen, or by tapping on the Gem Balance interface located at the top right corner of the game screen.

For more information, please refer to our Official Newsand FAQ on this matter.

Finally, we would like to give away some gifts of appreciation to all players in this new year! Log in anytime until Jan. 28, 23:59 PST and get the following 20-1-8 appreciation gifts in your Present Box!

[​IMG]

20 Elemental Tomes, 1 Summon Ticket, 8 Omni Frogs

Once again, we would like to wish all players a Happy 2018! We thank you for all your support and we look forward to adventuring with you in Grand Gaia! And as always:

召喚師の冒険は終わらない !
    A Summoner's Adventure is Never Over!

Brave Frontier Global Team
    fb.com/BraveFrontierGlobal

2. Eleiryn

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    tfw your post in the nexus thread actually has results within a week

HALLELUJAH STP AUTOREPEAT

oh and 3x in vortexes and autorepeat

Overall while I'm kinda sad CA isn't coming back, I think we all kinda knew it already so not really surprised or angry. Otherwise looking really good, I'm REALLY grateful that gumi is finally looking to have community involvement, between the Nexus project and overviews like this, with QoL changes and old favorite omnis, they're doing a lot to make me actually excited about the game for the first time in at least a year.

pikafoo likes this.
  3. Yilun

Yilun Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    All Meta Units
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    • Really glad to see that Randolph/Ravenna getting OE next Valentines
    • QoL updates seem well overdue so looking forward to those updates
    • Sad to see CA gone but for someone who absolutely milked CA for all it was worth, I can't say I'm surprised. I mean - does Gumi really want to hand me 300 gems and 75+ tickets again for playing free content? Most likely not....
    • But WTF is up with this bait-and-switch nonsense that I'm seeing? First of all, putting a hard cap and/or nerfing the end-game spheres/elgifs in the game to somehow try to balance colo is the wrong way to go about it. I 100% agree that making colo playable and not a cancerous piece of content is good thinking.... but simply taking away/nerfing/capping the actual gear that you've grinded months to obtain for the very purpose of excelling in arena/colo/VA seems completely ass-backwards and another lazy-ass attempt by Gumi to "balance" shit that was broken with their own stupidity in the first place. Here's a thought.......how about better match-making so that at 60,000 CBP, I'm not facing a top 5 colo player with 1.5M points back to back rounds? How about not fucking with VA parameters and ninja-nerfing units' BB proc rates or lowering ATK stats for all player squads for starters?
    • Second of all, "adjusted" scoring for all things Frontier Rift (and perhaps other stuff). So they give us incentive to spend money summoning units to play events that reward us with mats to ultimately OE+3 all of our units, only to tell us that our OE+3 paradigm bonuses won't really mean much anymore in the future because no extra points will be rewarded for overkill bonuses. So the very luxury/benefit of having OE+3 paradigm is negated by the fact that scoring mechanisms will no longer reward you for being able to generate any benefits from said +3 paradigm effects. Brilliant. They are the ones who shifted the meta towards mono squads in the first place because of GR. And now that mono squads have become the prevalent and dominant "force" in BF, they suddenly develop amnesia and decide to course-correct towards a new direction. The lack of an overall plan or vision with where they want to go with their meta and this whole fly-by-the-seat-of-their pants methodology of band-aid patchwork on some of their broken content gets tiresome.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  4. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Thanatos

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    An interesting read indeed, just gotta hope it doesn't get spread too thin over the first half of the year.o_O And for my usual nitpicking:p:
    - QoL seems interesting, but I didn't notice a "3x speed to stick to macros" mentioned and honestly that's the main thing I wanted!:( The less time per day my device spends on BF the better, right?:rofl:
    - No mentions of how to deal with a maxed Guild's donation problem as well. And honestly, Gumi has too many currencies spread all over now. Instead of addressing the gt issue, they made guild relics...could have just refined the gt system. Since no BP discount STs during anni time, I feel like gumi has forgotten about BP completely.:confused:
    - Since the legacy poll isnt done in game, already seems to be same shenanigans ongoing as with the first poll.:lol:

On the plus side. Its good that instead of being 50/50 with witch holiday pair unit will get the OE blessing, this time it wont matter if you had ravea or randolph or both, you'll get the same OE unit anyway. Like with Fei and Fang , its fitting for valentines.

Allanon OE finally confirmed! :rolleyes: Honestly, he might be one of my favourite support units I've used in the game. Even used him for Guard Frontier all the way from rank 50 to 100, while everybody else had better OE unit options for that.:oops:

5. The Blitzer

The Blitzer Archgod

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Ded Geimu
    Leader:
    Global, some weak shit. JP, the meta tier shit.
    Level:
    330-ish GL, 433 JP.
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF II when that shit finally comes out.
    Couldn't agree more. Everyone is patting Gumi on the back for trying, but they aren't trying very hard.

6. Yilun

Yilun Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    All Meta Units
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I agree once guild bonuses are maxed out, there is essentially no way for guild members to acquire more guild points. Also 3x speed don't mean squat unless we can get it to stick during our repeat macros.

Beyond Z likes this.
  7. Yoshino

Yoshino Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Who ever I feel like
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    PoK (JP) ID is 526828949
    hmmm more FH rewards I like it. auto-sell items and fodder in auto battle repeat. again nice. but nerfing rewards that alim made nah that is stupid. They should fix the matchmaking for starters and also please fix the issue with specific ES skills (mainly the ones that go to ALL allies) being disabled when the random rule is no leaderskill. Some have also been mentioned above so wont repeat those

8. Eleiryn

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    You mean aside from guild raids that give shitloads of them on a regular basis?

Seriously though, more would be nice and gumi is planning more, but raids are the main intended long term source

last I heard that was intended but we'll see for sure whenever it comes out

9. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    Nerfing endgame spheres/elgifs for the purposes of balancing Colo is stupid. I agree. And I'm a new player. Like 5 months in. I agree because right now, I can do colosseum and get something out of it. Not as much as folks who have put in more time, but still something. Runs in colo are essentially free, so if I run it, I get free stuff, win or lose. But I look forward to getting bigger and more competitive in Colo. That'll be kinda ruined if those end game goodies get nerfed.

10. The Blitzer

The Blitzer Archgod

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Ded Geimu
    Leader:
    Global, some weak shit. JP, the meta tier shit.
    Level:
    330-ish GL, 433 JP.
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF II when that shit finally comes out.
    That's because Gimu doesn't know how to balance a game. They wanna balance the game, but then release units like Erza, Chloe and Persenet. Right Gimu, because 4 Angel Idols and retarded amounts of mitigation is "balanced".

All Gimu wants is cash. Nerfed free spheres means you have no choice but to buy their flashy units to stay competitive. It's all a cash ploy and it makes me sick.

11. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    I'm not that impressed with persenet

12. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    check out kawab. he seems sick

13. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Thanatos

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    (I realised after typing and needing to scroll back up, that I must have been bored to pass my time with a rant, as usual.:oops: But hey, ranting about BF has been more exiting for me than actually playing BF since early 2016!:rofl:)

I wouldn't mind if Gumi made a new colo class that limits HP regen, unit AI's per match, reduced bb cost, chance to reduce, dot, etc, or make it so that peeps under say colo stage 70 wont get paired to fight peeps who are above stage 80 or so (aka probs the end class peeps with high end spheres) while above stage 80 peeps can get paired with anyone.
    But that would require some fine condign and Gumi cant put too many resources into that sadly.
    Honestly, the "pingu sphere" dilemma is kinda Alims doing, cause they are meant to be the endgame at the end of the game (BF1)!:rofl: But since Gumi wants to keep the ball rolling, this huge jump in sphere capabilities really widened the cap of casual vs p2p and that just creates so much salt in PvP content as seen. And honestly Gumi pushing so many LEs, that even some p2p have a hard time keeping up to date with, isn't too much better, but Gumi obviously wouldn't be making profits otherwise.
    Selling units for colo and other PvP purposes really helps to motivate the pingus for summoning so they'd always stay at the top. But when Gumi make's an near unkillable wall like Erza and already reaching the mitigation caps with sh*tton of HP and DEF (no purpose i going above 100% damage reduction:rofl:) they need to make a offensive unit to break that wall, then later a wall to withstand it better somehow, then back to offence. Cause when they need to "nerf" something, it clearly shows that they overshot simply to sell the "product" better.o_O And when a gacha based game does powercreep that puts to shame the the last batch, then the pure greed and gacha scam becomes too obvious and generally the games just go downhill from there playerbase wise iirc.

All in all I'm curious to see how this Dev's diary translates into practice within the upcoming few months.o_O
    For example will the hyped up Randolph & Ravenna OE during valentines be: "Here, new Valentines LE RS! Summon while its hot and don't forget to grind this Valentines vortex for tokens to use in the limited time valentines Bazaar for some extra tomes and shards. Also here have a Randolph & Ravenna OE release, we removed their ES sphere requirements so you have 2 useless spheres lying around or in the merit shop permanently for 10k merit each. " - thus the usual.
    OR
    "Here, new Valentines LE RS! Summon while its hot and don't forget to grind this Valentines vortex for tokens to use in the limited time valentines Bazaar for some extra tomes and shards. Also here have a Randolph & Ravenna OE release. We also have upgrades for their ES spheres and since they both evolve into the same OE, their abilities will be vastly different depending on which es sphere you have equipped, either gain a second fire aoe along with a party buff and stealth when using Randolphs es sphere or a massive self sparking ST attack with massive self buff and taunt when using Ravenna es sphere.o_O And since the spheres are permanently in the merit shop, so too will the upgrade materials needed be added into the permanent omni arcanum bazaar while also using the purple materials when people have them leftover after crafting Tempest of Akachi! And the new spheres will be decent enough to be used on other units as well, thus still motivating players who missed the Limited time-frame to summon for Randolph and Ravenna to still get a use out of their spheres. (Or heck, at least make Wolven Shroud and Raven Plume base mats for a new craftable single sphereo_O)." - thus showing that Gumi cares a lil more than usual and are willing to make use of their old content, and not let everything be unrelated and limited time, instead of simply letting it rot while pushing something new every time and littering our town and inventories with items that are un-farmable after an event.

Siriusly, its one of my main complaints whenever I open the sphere shop in town and see it lag so horridly for the first 20 sec because its littered with sphere listings from limited time events that I dont need to see when the event is over. And also having my item space taken up from all those purple mats after crafting Tempest of Akachi, cause I'm too paranoid to sell them, cause maybe in a year Gumi will up the Akachi craft limit to 2 or something.:confused: Gumi has some good foundations to evolve upon: all those es spheres from the GE 7* unit era, and showing stuff like Book on E.N.D shows that a event tied sphere does not have to be obsolete on non event units and really you can have the RS units be LE, but the side-stuff like spheres could be permanently available for obtaining thus giving more freedom of choice in your activities. Alim made arena spheres upgradable for a reason Gumi! You have as many outdated spheres lying around in the merit shop and your own GE raids as Alim's arena list, make use of them!:mad:
    Basically, when I saw old GE units listed there for the Legacy poll, I got reminded that want Gumi to evolve/upgrade their old non Limited Time GE content more instead of simply doing a legacy OE for a publicity stunt and then going back to giving us completely new stuff and letting us deal with the outdated/unused litter/items. (same with all these new currencies, the daily battle points shop needs an upgrade!)(n)

DreadnoughtX likes this.