Do mono stat buffs stack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alan Ghosal, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Alan Ghosal

Alan Ghosal Slumber God

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Vern
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    For example please does rains tri stat buff stack with lavas buff to attack and def to all fire types?

2. Sslink24

Sslink24 Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Rain, Silvie, Zeru
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Yes indeed they do

Alan Ghosal likes this.
  3. Alan Ghosal

Alan Ghosal Slumber God

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Vern
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Oh wow that's great. Gonna play around with a mono fire squad and see how far I can get on the new Fg

4. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    Assuming I'm not forgetting anything, there are three main categories of stat buffs.
    • Normal stat buffs (Rain, Sirius, Azurai, etc)
    • Elemental stat buffs (Lava, Lyonesse, etc. buffing Fire Attack)
    • Conversion buffs (Rain's atk->def convert)
    Stuff within a category never stacks with others in that category - you can't have a rec->atk and def->atk convert going simultaneously, for example. But otherwise yeah all three stack fine, and can be abused for some REALLY crazy defense values with a good convert.

It's worth noting that LS based buffs, aside from a few specific timed/situational ones (ex. Ark mitigation LS) will always stack just fine, even though I think that's pretty well known. If a LS gives permanent [element] attack, that stacks fine with an actual [element] attack buff.

Nightvayne283 and Alan Ghosal like this.
  5. Alan Ghosal

Alan Ghosal Slumber God

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Vern
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Thats pretty crazy. Since rahotep is now out with a nasty leader skill. Stack it with lavas LS. And rains nasty buffs your gonna have a filthy mono fire squad lol

6. Pulsate

Pulsate Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    PM me
    Leader:
    Zeis, Regil, Lucius, Ceulfan
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Hearthstone (Legend) Competitive Gears of War 4
    Just to makes sure, "conditional LS" like Ark/Rain dont stack with each other but what about "conditional" LS like Lyonesse and Rozalia. I suppose it does but not 100% sure ?
    Also, the "elemental ATK buffs" like Lyonesse, Lava, Rahotep are convertible right ?

7. mturf

mturf Athena

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ark (crit/ele), zeru, ???/avant. Thunder/axe.
    Level:
    700 +vat
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Air guitar.
    yea the element attack/defence converts too.
    with just rain and the anubis dood u get tristat, att/def fire, 10% fire, whatever leaderskill, and then the def convert.
    all thats missing in terms of stats is the att conversion, find that on a fire unit (rengaku? theres better im sure :p ) an ur laughin.
    just dont mix up the extra attack mono buffs and the element weakness increase buffs, sometimes theyre worded rather similar.

8. SingSong

SingSong Rookie

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Request Me
    Leader:
    Depends on current Meta
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Currently Playing:
    FE:Echo, DoTa2, Overwatch, Fate/Grand Order
    Something worth noting is that certain buffs have different types and same type buffs won't stack.
    A list of them are:
    LS Type
    EX Type
    Self Type (Self buffs)
    Elemental Type
    Base Type
    Conversion Type
    USB Type

Every buff falls into one of these categories and buffs in the same category will not stack if: Same buff (Ex. Two base defence buffs are used. The one used first will be over written.) and a very select few other buffs that do not stack with each other no matter the source (Ex. Barriers)

I haven't actually looked into DeBuffs but I assume they work the same way (Aside from status ailments)

Edit : also note that for LS Types permanent buffs will stack with conditional. An example is the Arkzurai combo (Ark and Azurai) where Ark's mitigation buff from LS occurs after a certain condition is fulfilled and the buff only lasts a few turns. It stacks with Azurai's mitigation because it's permanent meaning there is no turn limit which makes the buff passive.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  9. RainyRai

RainyRai Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Underworld Guardian Sparky
    Level:
    higher then a mountain that smokes weed
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    Lyonesse and Rozalia's perma mitigation for specific elements does stack with Ark/Rain because they simply aren't the same type of mitigation; in the first place, elemental mitigation and regular mitigation are not the same thing. Secondly, Ark/Rain/Mariela/Alessa LS's are 20% mitigation after performing a certain condition(taking 5k damage for the first three and doing 20 sparks for the last one) while Rozalia/Lyonesse/Holia/Zekt is just flat mitigation to specific elements if you have them as lead.

mturf likes this.
  10. Pulsate

Pulsate Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    PM me
    Leader:
    Zeis, Regil, Lucius, Ceulfan
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Hearthstone (Legend) Competitive Gears of War 4
    Yay what I meant is that "being fire" is a condition so I was wondering if you could stack up to 30% elemental miti with dual lyonesse (the miti after damage received wont stack) or Lyonesse + Rozalia.
    Pretty sure they do stack but just wanted to be 100% sure

11. RainyRai

RainyRai Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Underworld Guardian Sparky
    Level:
    higher then a mountain that smokes weed
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    Yeah you can def stack dual Lyonesse or Lyonesse + Rozalia or dual Zekt or whatever. People typically don't do it though because it's just better to run something else as lead.

12. mturf

mturf Athena

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ark (crit/ele), zeru, ???/avant. Thunder/axe.
    Level:
    700 +vat
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Air guitar.
    since this is a rather complex conversation im not entirely sure if it was said, but stats for fire units on rain's es, all units on holia's, and similar do stack.
    its worth noting as these newer es's are the exception to the "same type of party buffs dont stack" rule we'v worked with for so long.
    they act more like extra stats on a sphere, as if every unit just slipped a spare +10 stats sphere in their pocket.
    5 holias for example, even in colo or arena, would each gain +50% stats total from the acumulated es's.
    iv not used that many multiple rains, but im guessing that his works the same.
    these party es buffs are still reletively new, so as they become more prevalent we may see them act in different ways and do different things, like th initial incarnation of ilm would have.
    i also think we'll eventually see them appear on other things, like spheres and elgifs, so we might see the mechanics interact in very different ways in the fyuutyur.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017