Frontier Hunter EX Guide

Discussion in 'Frontier Hunter & Frontier Gate' started by Josh, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Josh

Josh Lantern Administrator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Dark Legend Magress
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy XIV
    If you're having trouble scoring more than 250,000 Esteem points in Frontier Hunter EX, then the chances are that you don't fully understand the game play mechanics. This guide is designed to help players clear the stages and farm more points in Frontier Hunter EX.

As far as Spheres go, I would not recommend using Spheres that give you a temporary stat boost (Muramasa's, Royal Shield), instead I'd opt for Spheres that give you a permanent stat boost such as Beast Blade, Dragon Blade, holy Robe, Flesh Armor, Sacred Jewel or Medulla Gem. Most rounds will last significantly longer than 2 or 3 turns, especially if you're using the farming methods mentioned below.

The recommended item set really depends on your squad. If you're not taking in any healers at all, you'll probably struggle without the Recovery Set. If you're taking in a healer or farming points a set like the Marauder Set would probably be recommended. Marauder and Balance Set both contain Attack Points which come in useful for overkilling to farm points.
    • Recovery Set: 10x Elixir, 5x High Elixir, 3x Hope's Light, 10x Pure Elixir, 2x Full Revive
    • Marauder Set: 10x Elixir, 5x Attack Elixir, 3x Fujin Elixir, 10x Pure Elixir, 2x Full Revive
    • Protector Set: 10x Elixir, 5x Defense Elixir, 3x Demon Flute, 10x Pure Elixir, 2x Full Revive
    • Balance Set: 10x Elixir, 5x Attack Elixir, 5x Defense Elixir, 3x Fujin Elixir, 10x Pure Elixir
    Points are awarded to the player after clearing a stage for each of the following things:
    • No Items Used (not using an item throughout the duration of the round, easy in the first two stages, not so much later on)
    • Attack bonus (awarded for dealing damage)
    • Elemental Weakness (exploiting the opponents element weakness, eg. hitting a Fire unit with a Water attack)
    • Sparks (bonus increases with the amount of successful Sparks throughout the stage)
    • Brave Burst Kills (finishing the opponent off with a Brave Burst)
    • Multi-Kills (killing multiple enemies during the same turn)
    • Overkills (dealing significantly more damage than necessary to finish off the enemy)
    • 1st Turn Kills (wiping out every enemy in the first turn)
    • 3rd Turn Kills (wiping out every enemy in the third turn)
    Throughout the stages, you need to be attempting to receive as many of these Esteem Points bonuses as you can in each round. Some of them are quite easy to achieve, like the Attack and Sparking bonuses.

Others are not so easy to achieve, so here are some tips on farming points:
    • Rather than killing enemies as soon as possible, if you can it's better to get them all down to as little health as possible then finish them all off with an Attack Potion + every unit Brave Bursting combination. The advantage of doing this is that you'll be awarded extra points for Brave Burst Kills, Multi-Kills and Overkills.
    • Always try to hit elemental weaknesses. If you've got one unit that can exploit the opponents elemental weakness, but the others don't, then set every other unit to Guard and just attack with that one unit that gets the bonus. When finishing off that unit, make sure you attack with every unit to get the Overkill bonus.
    • The above method is far easier if you take at least one healer into Frontier Hunter EX with you, as well as a Leader with a Brave Burst gauge refill rate increasing Leader Skill like Aem's or Aisha's. This way you won't have to worry about wasting healing items while farming points as your healers Brave Burst gauge will fill up before you have to resort to using items.
    If you're playing Uncharted Frontier - End, then there are certain enemies that are quite easy to farm for points. These are Voracious God, God of Chaos and Mandragora. Mandragora is much harder to farm points from due to his AoE Brave Burst that it uses every turn. The method for farming points is no different to the methods mentioned above, just guard with every unit that won't get an elemental damage bonus and hit with those that do. Once you have lowered the enemies HP right down, finish the enemy with a Brave Burst overkill from every unit.

These are just my techniques, I'm sure a lot of other members also have methods they'd like to share. If you've got anything to contribute, please do so and I'll add it to the thread.

2. Cyvril

Cyvril General

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Death Magress
    Hunter Rank:
    Nice work boss..

3. Box

Box Skywalker Moderator

Friend ID:
    Full
    Leader:
    KKR
    This is a really rough guide from me to help others. I'm not trying to sound like I know my shit cause I don't. Just trying to help others who struggling to get 480k. I'll start with End first because I haven't done Middle since the first two days but both uses the same game plan for me. This isn't the only way or the best way to play FH. It's just my way. I use 5 dark units and one water Healer.

Everyone on your team should have AOE BB besides your healers.

Battle 1. Doesn't matter what you get. Burny and his mates or the other four.
    • Lower all enemy units to low as possible. Use element weakness where possible. Guard with the unit that doesn't have element weakness.
    • When all unit's health are low. Kill in two's each turn. Don't need to kill altogether cause the bonus points are the same. Only matters to BB and kill everyone in one turn if it's the first turn for the one turn bonus.
    • First of the two, kill it with element weakness. The second one kill it also with element weakness and the rest of your team. Try to spark as much as possible with the 2nd one for spark bonus.

Battle 2. The order I recommend killing them cause of there strengths, buff and status ailment. I kill them in a different order cause of element weakness. Using this as a guide to kill which one first for yourself if you don't have element weakness. Leave the element weakness unit to last. So you can slowly kill them for points without your team getting killed or having to use too many items.
    • Oboro [curse] > Galant [buffs attack] > Nemia
      Lower all HP as low as possible like usual then kill all 3 at once if you can. If you are not strong enough. Kill one first which you don't have element weakness with. Then farm element weakness off the other two. Guard like battle 1 if the unit doesn't have element weakness. It's pretty repetitive so I'll stop saying it. Kill two if can. If not kill a second one. Farm weakness points off the last one. If you can kill 3 or 2 at the same time. Use an ATK potion and overkill them for extra points.
    • Lodaga
      Guard every 3rd turn. He does his BB on this turn that one shot most units.

Battle 3. The three different teams that I have come across.
    • Emilia [paralysis] > Lava/Mega > Doug
      Emilia hits hard and her paralysis is annoying. I tend to kill her first. Then Mega and Doug and leave Lava so my Elimo can farm points off her. For others leave Doug last cause he's weak and can't do anything to ya.
    • Alma [easiest to kill] > Sergio/Lidith > Weiss [buffs atk]
      Alma first cause she's the easiest to kill and has AOE. Despite Weiss buffing attack his own attack is really weak so leave him for last.
    • Same as above but instead of Alma there's Luna. So do the same.
      Note - Save your BB for battle 4. So kill the first one or two with BB if you have to. The last two units with normal attacks.

Battle 4. This battle is pretty straight forward. Heaps of different teams but I'll only mention the ones I've got some input. Gods and such. Just kill slowly without spark. When low as possible. Spark to overkill.
    • Aem [highest attack] > Elulu [paralysis & has weak def] > Lemia [poison] > Succubus [curse]
      Aem first, he hits hard with AOE. With your BB saved up. BB first turn with an ATK potion. Now both Aem and Elulu is almost dead. Use just enough units to take down Aem. The rest spark and overkill Elulu. Then lower Lemia and Succubus health then kill together.
    • 5 Alice's
      She has piss weak def so any team should be able to kill her with team BB in turn one with an ATK potion.
    • 5 Will's
      Mono dark or rainbow with a dark unit with atk potion should kill them all in turn one with team BB. If no dark units on team. Team BB should still kill at lease 3 of them I've notice. I guess each Will has different stats or type. Kill the last two together.
    • Alice [curse] > Will
      Kill Alice first cause she got weak def unless you have dark team. I can kill both together cause Will doesn't hit my dark team that hard.

Battle 5. If you got about 350k points up to this point. You are on target.

• Eze [high atk & low def] > Selena > Lava [buffs atk] > Lance
      You hope you get this team for your final battle. By far easier than the other two teams. Eze drops easily but hits hard. So he goes first, usually goes in 3 turns. Don't try to kill him in pairs. The final battle the enemies are too strong for that. Leave the element weakness unit last for you to farm.
    • Sefia [paralysis] > Kikuri [curse]
      Sefia hits really hard. Usually drops 1 or 2 of my units or they near death. Kikuri doesn't hit as hard but attacks almost double Sefia. Kill in which order you see fit.
    • Loch [highest atk] > Dean [buffs himself with atk & def] > Lorand > Edea
      Wow Loch hits like a truck. Drop my units like they're nothing. These guys don't have a BB pattern or I haven't worked it out. Use atk potion, BB, whatever you got to take Loch down first. Will take 4 turns or more. I've notice first turn they go easy on you then turn 2nd they unleash hell. So if you have def potion or Elimo. Use it on turn 2. After Loch I can sometimes kill in pairs or all 3 of them in one turn if none of my units didn't die or I have revives left over to bring them back. Dean buffs himself with atk and def but he still doesn't have much firepower but he's hard to kill. Lorand hits pretty hard but doesn't have AOE so he's 3rd. For some reason half of my attacks only does 1 damage to Edea. But she doesn't do anything to hurt you. So leave her for last. I think she the most tanky out of the four or even with Loch.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  4. Box

Box Skywalker Moderator

Friend ID:
    Full
    Leader:
    KKR
    Saving spot. (Haven't done in Mid in a while so can't remember what the teams are. I'll do a run to refresh my memory and I'll write up a guide when I cbf)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  5. Cronus

Cronus Brawler

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Gemini il and Mina
    can some on post one on middle because the highest i have ever got is like 300000 and that is only because i ran into two sets of glutton gods having major trouble

6. Josh

Josh Lantern Administrator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Dark Legend Magress
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy XIV
    Using my methods I was able to score 400,000 points on Middle. Just keep hitting elemental weaknesses and you'll be fine.

7. LengGo

LengGo Seraphim

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Black Lotus Lunaris, Zebra, Lodin, Felneus
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Question: does the points add up each time you challenge? Or do you have to hit the highest point on each challenge and that would be your total score?

-LengGo

8. Box

Box Skywalker Moderator

Friend ID:
    Full
    Leader:
    KKR
    Your points add up after each run.

Akenat0n likes this.
  9. suzakusan

suzakusan Bia

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Maxwell, Zelnite, Lily Matah
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Will you be writing a guide on the Middle FH anytime soon, Box?

10. Poisontail

Poisontail

Thanks

11. PuppyStew

PuppyStew Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Vern, Zero, Lara, Felice, Krantz, Avant
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 2
    Currently Playing:
    LoL, Overwatch, Pokemon, Ark
    Can anyone confirm something for me? I had 5* Kikuri beat the crap out of Voracious God 1v1 and overkilled with full squad's BB at the end yet I only got 10,000 elemental damage points. Is there a cap on it or did this work as intended?

12. Box

Box Skywalker Moderator

Friend ID:
    Full
    Leader:
    KKR
    This guide was for season 1. I won't be writing a guide for middle because I only done it twice and won't be doing it anymore. I might write a guide for End but I'm using no healer and I don't my guide would help much people. I'll see if I can bring a more normal team and write one up. Maybe someone else would write one up

13. Box

Box Skywalker Moderator

Friend ID:
    Full
    Leader:
    KKR
    I haven't come across one yet. Last season it was 200 points per hit. If you are running a full team of kkr it would be easy to count your hits and work out the answer yourself

14. Kelly BlueDew

Kelly BlueDew Champion

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Holy Thunder Eze
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    The only real good team I have is a nearly mono Thunder team for Frontier Hunter. I beat the middle on my first try this season, but I really just want to go back and farm for some points, because the End is too difficult for me right now.

What would be a good Friend Leader to take along for a rainbow team, by the way?

15. Box

Box Skywalker Moderator

Friend ID:
    Full
    Leader:
    KKR
    Another lightning leader. I'm struggling on End too

16. PuppyStew

PuppyStew Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Vern, Zero, Lara, Felice, Krantz, Avant
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 2
    Currently Playing:
    LoL, Overwatch, Pokemon, Ark
    Hey even if you cannot beat End, depending on how far you can get it's sometimes worth it doing that instead of Middle as it could give you more points.

17. dstorageauctions

dstorageauctions

[​IMG]what team do you guys recommend to make optimal frontier hunter farm team? Please help as I'm trying I get all the prizes possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And only have these sphere currently. So which should I equip on the recommended team?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
  18. Box

Box Skywalker Moderator

Friend ID:
    Full
    Leader:
    KKR
    Keep your post together. Try not to triple post Cloud.

Agni
    Selena
    Eze
    Atro
    Lemia

But its too late now to make a new team. Only 5 days left.

19. Elder Cloud

Elder Cloud Lazy Moderator

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    10* Eiris <3
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dragon blaze
    Ahahaha another clone !!

4lthalos likes this.
  20. Crusader