Hatsune Miku Unit Guide

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by rakkety, Oct 9, 2014.

1. rakkety

rakkety Seraphim

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Elza
    Level:
    120+
    Hunter Rank:
    In anticipation of her upcoming release and my boredom, I'll be writing a Unit Guide on Hatsune Miku.

History
    Hatsune Miku (初音ミク?), sometimes referred to as Miku Hatsune, is a humanoid persona voiced by a singing synthesizer application developed by Crypton Future Media, headquartered in Sapporo city. She uses Yamaha Corporation's Vocaloid 2 and Vocaloid 3 singing synthesizing technologies. She also uses Crypton Future Media's Piapro Studio, a singing synthesizer VSTi Plugin. She was the second Vocaloid sold using the Vocaloid 2 engine, and the first Japanese Vocaloid to use the Japanese version of the Vocaloid 2 engine. Her voice is sampled from Japanese voice actress Saki Fujita. Hatsune Miku has performed at her concerts onstage as an animated projection.[1] Hatsune Miku is portrayed to be a 16-year-old girl with long turquoise pigtails.

The name of the character comes from merging the Japanese words for first (初 hatsu?), sound (音 ne?) and future (Miku (ミク?) sounds like a nanori reading of future, 未来, normally read as "mirai"[2]), referring to her position as the first of Crypton's "Character Vocal Series". According to Crypton, her name is meant to signify the "first sound from the future".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatsune_Miku

A songstress who appeared from another world.

[​IMG] Her voice is said to charm not only humans, but the monsters and gods that reside in Grand Gaia as well. Her existence was first discovered atop a peculiar stage which had been constructed in the depths of some ancient ruins. It is said that she was able to heal the souls of those consumed by their fighting spirit just by her voice and performance on stage. Another songstress was confirmed to have appeared at the same time as Miku, but her identity still remains a mystery.

[​IMG] Her appearance was confirmed for a small period of time before and after the war with the gods. In that short time, she projected her overwhelming presence on her surroundings. Knowing that they could only hear her sing on a special stage built in the depths of some ancient ruins, many people from Grand Gaia gathered there to see her perform. An audience member is quoted as having said "Neither social status nor race mattered there. It was truly a utopia."

Stats
    [​IMG]

Leader Skill: Turquoise Heart Song
    Fills BB gauge hugely after each turn & boosts the BB gauge fill rate

Brave Burst: Goddess Hatsune Miku
    27 combo Earth elemental attack on all enemies & gradually recovers BB gauge for 3 turns

Hit Count: 9

Attack Animation
    Skip to ~0:32 seconds mark.

It's a bit hard to tell but it looks like Miku has a nice attack animation. There seems to be a ~1.5 seconds delay as she charges up before the hits starts landing. All the hits are fairly compact so it'll be easy to spark with provided you time the "charge-up" correctly. I have yet to see her BB in action so I can't comment on it yet. But according to BF Pros, the damage multiplier is rather low maxing out at 190% at BB10. She generates 18 BC at 2 p/hits. I would consider this average as it seems most units (at 5*) also generates 2 BC p/hits and Miku's 9 hit-count is a good number for normal attacks.

Miku's starts, for a 5* unit, aren't particularly impressive but neither are they underwhelming. She sports a decent amount of HP almost breaking the 5k mark. The attack and defense is average while there is more than enough REC. For typing, I suggest Anima > Lord > Breaker/Guardian > Oracle. Anima boosts her HP significantly by ~800 HP and keeping her REC in the usable range at ~1.6k. I would take Lord over both Breaker and Guardian since either would make her too squishy (for my taste) or reduce her offensive capability too much. Oracle just gives her too much unneeded REC. Where you rank B/G is up to you.

The leader skill fills the BB gauge by 3 each turn (the same as Aisha or Aem at 6*). The BB gauge fill rate is increased by 25%. This makes her a valuable leader for a BB spam squad, especially for f2p players. Combine the second effect of her BB which would increase the BB gauge a further 3 (for a total of 6) each turn, you can go into any fight BB-guns blazing. With the right squad, or even a couple of the right units, you can probably manage BB blasting every turn. By herself, Miku can probably fill her BB after 1 turn (18BC from attack + 3BC fill from LS + 25% fill boost = ~>25BC). Once she gets her BB recovery buff on, she can probably BB blast every turn after. (Have not tested this yet so if anybody can confirm or disprove my hypothesis, let me know).

Unit Comparison
    I'll be comparing her only to Deemo as they both fulfill similar roles.

Miku 5* vs Deemo 5*
    HP/ATK/DEF/REC
    Miku: 4,939/1,428/1,439/1,839
    Deemo: 5,000/1,500/1,500/1,500

Overall, Miku barely gets beat by Deemo in every category but REC. The difference in amount is not large enough to say one is superior over the other. To truly find out who's better, we'll have to take a look at their utilities. Both LS increases BB but by a different method. Miku has both a fixed boost and increases the bonus of BC whereas Deemo depends on sparks. If you're creating a spark team then Deemo is for you. Personally I prefer Miku as I don't have the patience to find the perfect attack patterns to maximize sparks. Deemo has almost twice the normal hit-count as Miku but for BB, Miku has a 7 hit-count advantage over Deemo. However, Miku only inflicts Earth damage while Deemo does both Light and Dark. Part of the BB, Miku further increases the BB by a fix amount. Deemo's bonus effect is increased spark damage, again perfect for a sparking team. Of the two, I would choose Miku as her LS and BB fits more with my playstyle. For sparkers, I would go with Deemo.

Conclusion
    Goddess Hatsune Miku is not a spectacular unit but she is still a must have. Even though her stats are "meh", her LS and BB is what brings her to the table. She is the perfect BB spam leader for f2p. The hit-count is good and her BB excels in hit-count and effect even though the damage could us a boost. Overall I would rate Miku a B+. Her stats prevent her from being a true force to reckon with but considering that she's a free unit at 5* she can hold her own.

Enjoy a special performance by Miku!

Updated: 10OCT14

As always thanks for reading!!

Questions, comments, or anything to add? Feel free to reply.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    MalcolmXofArt, Bayomir, ZURA and 4 others like this.
  2. Something Royal

Something Royal XYA

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion, Dizzy
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Seven Knights, Brave Frontier
    Nice, cant wait to have 5 of her! >: )

3. Trilly the Drednought

Trilly the Drednought Celestial

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Luther/Lodin/Zebra/Leorone/Dia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Woooooohoooooo!!!!!

Sent from the Death Star

4. Sto5rm

Sto5rm Demon

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ultor the GAME BREAKING
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Her performance on Letterman tonight could be a strong indicator of a Global release tomorrow.

5. rakkety

rakkety Seraphim

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Elza
    Level:
    120+
    Hunter Rank:
    I heard about that. Looks like she's becoming international.

6. Callos

Callos Almighty

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    8675309 ;)
    Leader:
    Bam Margera
    Level:
    185+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 3
    Currently Playing:
    DBZ:DB
    Looks like Bahamut and Lance are mid-bosses, she dies too fast to tell if she has any status ailments >_>

7. BenYo

BenYo Gladiator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Maxwell
    Level:
    100++
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Monster Legends
    [​IMG]
    I got her on my 2nd try
    Wonder if she has any use on Eze dungeon, because her element

8. Afrobreak

Afrobreak

I dont have her in the vortex...
    And shes not in the news...

How can you all have her

sent from my potato peeler

9. BenYo

BenYo Gladiator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Maxwell
    Level:
    100++
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Monster Legends
    Was there til I logoff...
    But when I login back, the dungeon is gone, I`m so Lucky got her before the dungeon closed

10. Killua_

Killua_

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Loa
    She will be smashed by Eze

11. bubbles6969

bubbles6969 Supreme

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Roa, michelle
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    I can't hear the song for some reason, does anyone have that problem too

12. EstocXZ

EstocXZ Commander

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Bolt Magus Rashil, Azure Warrior Lucina, Golem
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Woww what a great LS!! I want her too

13. Bayomir

Bayomir Juggernaut

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Grahdens, Creator Maxwell, Mad God Narza
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    [​IMG]

Got her! Trying to decide if i wanna farm a second and fuse off a couple of my Deemos (I have 5).

14. EstocXZ

EstocXZ Commander

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Woo gratz gratz

15. Something Royal

Something Royal XYA

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion, Dizzy
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Got Lord after 4 tries... wanting Anima

16. EstocXZ

EstocXZ Commander

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Nope. I heard the songs clearly. Try increase BGM (Backgound Music) volume. Go to settings --> volume --> BGM --> (adjust)

Hope this helps

17. bubbles6969

bubbles6969 Supreme

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Roa, michelle
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    It's on though

18. Something Royal

Something Royal XYA

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion, Dizzy
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    This sounds silly, but try to put on headphones. That works on my iPhone

19. bubbles6969

bubbles6969 Supreme

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Roa, michelle
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    I only hear the hits and stuff like that

20. EstocXZ

EstocXZ Commander

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    No problem with the phone/device? Or is there any?