Help a noob

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Garros Sébastien, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Garros Sébastien

Garros Sébastien Novice

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Hello I've started playing the game 1 week ago and I need some advices on my units : who to OE first and what kind of units I should focus on summons.
    I have 1 omni yet : Regil

7 * Units list :

:fire:|| Valen O || Alessa B || Barion O

:water:|| Zeleste B || Zalts L & A || Camilla A || Azalea L

:earth:|| Rozalia G || Lanza A || Mordlim L

:thunder:|| Viktor L || Silas A || Rayla A

:light:|| Rigel B (omni) || Lara G & A || Lauda B || Nadore O || Agress G

:dark:|| Gregor A || Zalvard L

Under 7* Units list :

:water:|| Selena L || Kuhla B

:thunder:|| Rize B || Ahvel G

So I'm still progressingin the quests but I would like some advices for when I'll reach the harder content please ! :)

Thank you

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    So, Regil lead is fine, that makes sense as an anchor unit. Question is what your priorities are after that. And it's very clear, actually.

First, you want to raise Valen and/or Mordlim, as they are the only two units here who do 50% dmg reduction buff (mitigation) two turn duration which is essentially the tank role for a squad. You need one of 'em... or raise both, since in the long run you need multiple squads anyway. Lara technically does the buff, but don't SP her for it because her version is worse (shorter duration - and if you have two copies of same buff in squad, it's possible to override a better version with a lousy version).

Second, you'd also want to raise Alessa, Selena or Rozalia for status ailment cleanse/removal. Probably Alessa and/or Selena, since you also need stat buffs and there aren't many sources of base atk/def/rec besides Alessa. Agress and Valen do like, just def, but you want other stats too.

Third, you want Lauda or Zeleste for sparks fill BB gauge buff. Neither is ideal with Regil though as they both overlap with him on other effects.

Fourth, you need some heals... Regil can be SP'd for burst heal on SBB, but you probably want heal over three turns from Selena, Lara, Rize or Azalea. Rize and Azalea need SP for this.

Fifth, and this is a more sort of 'misc other units' sort of paragraph, you'd want Barion or Gregor as lead for Frontier Hunter/Crit squads, you'd want Lanza as lead for arena/colo squads, and you'd want Zalvard as a potential alternate squad member for boss fights simply for Zalvard's UBB (basically a great safety net vs bosses). Possibly Camilla if need normal hit increase for Elgif farming and other things.

MAIN SQUAD
    :light:Regil (Lead) + :fire:Valen (or :earth:Mordlim), :fire:Alessa, :light:Lauda (or Zeleste), :water:Selena (or Lara, Rize, maybe Azalea)

- SP Valen/Mordlim for two turn duration on 50% dmg reduction buff
    - SP Rize/Azalea for heal over three turns
    - do NOT SP Lara for 50% dmg reduction
    - possibly bring Zalvard if you need his UBB

FRONTIER HUNTER/CRIT
    :fire:Barion, :dark:Gregor (Either Lead) + :light:Lauda, :thunder:Rize, :thunder:Rize

ARENA/COLO
    :earth:Lanza (Lead) + :thunder:Viktor, :dark:Zalvard, :water:Selena, (and 1x more unit - Mordlim/Valen?)

Garros Sébastien likes this.
  3. Garros Sébastien

Garros Sébastien Novice

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Thank you very much Acyl, your explanation is very clear.