hey could someone help with making a team?

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by shade42564, Sep 11, 2017.

1. shade42564

shade42564 Gladiator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    jack-o
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    hi i have a bunch of units and i'm now around late game and the team i'm using now ins't really cutting it these are the units i have

8*- shura:fire:, jakra:fire:, ciara:fire:, azurai:fire:, asto:water:, hisui:earth:, fizz:thunder:, cleria:thunder:, khepretum:thunder:, garrel:light:, carrol:light:, jack'o:light:, gabriela:light:, 2x zekuu:dark:,
    shion:dark:, melord:water:, ilm:water:, beiorg:thunder:, ky:thunder:, elphelt:thunder:,

7*-adel, alessa, glenn, agnia, vern, stein, holia:water:, sae, charlotte, lanza, freed, mariletta, baro, mordlim:earth:, silas, viktor, ragra, eerikki, janice, diastima, mora, solos:light:, fina, johan, zeek,

6*- all of the starter units

5*- sirius:light:

im looking for a general team that i can use for everything exept for arena but if need be i can use multiple teams if need be thank you for youre help its much appreciated:)

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    8*- shura:fire:, jakra:fire:, ciara:fire:, azurai:fire:, asto:water:, hisui:earth:, fizz:thunder:, cleria:thunder:, khepretum:thunder:, garrel:light:, carrol:light:, jack'o:light:, gabriela:light:, 2x zekuu:dark:,
    shion:dark:, melord:water:, ilm:water:, beiorg:thunder:, ky:thunder:, elphelt:thunder:,
    7*-adel, alessa, glenn, agnia, vern, stein, holia:water:, sae, charlotte, lanza, freed, mariletta, baro, mordlim:earth:, silas, viktor, ragra, eerikki, janice, diastima, mora, solos:light:, fina, johan, zeek,
    6*- all of the starter units
    5*- sirius:light:
    You have a few viable options for a single universal do-everything squad. Frontier Hunter and Arena/Colo still need to be their own thing though, not much we can do about that.

MAIN SQUAD (general purpose build, but change leader based on what you're doing)
    :thunder:Cleria, :light:Gabriela
    (or Holia/Beiorg), :dark:Shion, :earth:Mordlim (or Ilm/Hisui/Jack-O'/Solos), :fire:Agnia (or Shura, maybe Vern/Mora, Jakra)

Units in bold are recommended for the build, bracketed options are possible alternatives - though some combos are better than others.

- LEADER:
    Cleria or Mordlim lead for hard boss fights, e.g. trial, GGC, Guild Raid. Agnia/Shura/Vern/Mora lead for regular raid and other stuff where you want a DPS lead. Shion lead for super easy faceroll stuff where you just want to farm account XP for levelling.
    - Cleria for lead skill, healing, status ailment cleanse/removal, sparks fill BB gauge.
    - Gabriela for crit/ele/debuff null on BB (SP for two turn duration), BB fill when squad is damaged, 80% KO resistance UBB (80% chance units don't die when killed - cast this early as a safety net, the buff doesn't expire with turns and lasts until triggered)
    - Shion for atk/def/rec stat buffs, element add, OD fill, plus survival UBB - dmg reduction/mitigation for three turns with OD fill. Probably your go-to UBB after casting Gabriela's.
    - Mordlim for 50% dmg reduction/mitigation buff, def relative to atk to stack with Shion's base stat buffs. Her BB does ailment inflict, which spares you from having to bring a second unit for this (ailments aren't needed most of the time but are needed vs certain specific bosses, so...)
    - Agnia for spark dmg buff, or other unit for spark dmg buff. However, because your best friend unit for hard content (trial/GGC) and still acceptable for regular content is either Regil or Lukroar, both Regil/Lukroar themselves do spark dmg buff, meaning you can take Agnia/Shura/etc out of squad and do whatever in this slot. BUT if you have no friend slot (e.g. Guild Raid), better to be self-sufficient and bring Agnia/Shura/etc
    - Note that Lukroar friend LS gives additional bonus if you have five elements in squad (including Lukroar's own light element). If Agnia/Shura are still in squad this is fine, I intentionally set it up for you for five elements. If you swap Agnia/Shura out, may want to still take a fire or water unit - Jakra, Ciara, etc.

- A NOTE ON CRIT: Build doesn't include crit hit buffs on purpose because for regular raid (not guild raid, vanilla old raid) - in RC5 and RC6 farming you often want to avoid crit buffs in AoE heavy squads, unless you're aware of what you're doing and can compensate. Crit units would be stuff like Azurai, Melord, etc. This is specifically a regular raid thing and it's not an issue elsewhere, but, you know, true jack of all trades build and all that.

ALTERNATIVES FOR MAIN BUILD
    - you can use :water:Holia instead of :light:Gabriela - this may mean needing to cast Cleria BB occasionally for BB fill when squad is damaged, unless someone else (Ilm/Solos/Jack-O') is in squad for this. Holia also carries the 80% KO resist UBB.
    - similarly it is possible to take :thunder:Beiorg instead of :light:Gabriela - but if you do this... Holia and Gabriela do crit/ele/debuff null, Beiorg does not. Hence if taking Beiorg you may want to get crit null at least from elsewhere, maybe take Ilm instead of Mordlim. See below.
    - it is possible to take :water:Ilm, :earth:Hisui, :light:Jack-O' or :light:Solos instead of Mordlim. However if you do this, the build no longer has access to ailment inflict (no Mordlim BB). In most content this will not be an issue... but in the situations you DO need ailments, it may be. In this situation, you may want to do as advised above - take Regil/Lukroar friend to cover spark dmg buff, then use last slot in squad for Jakra/Diastima instead of Agnia/Shura/etc for ailments, as Jakra/Diastima are also ailment inflict units.

FRONTIER HUNTER/CRIT
    :thunder:Eerikki (or Azurai, Lead) + :dark:Shion, :light:Mora, (last two slots depend)

- ideally you want 2x identical heavy damage units in last two slots, e.g. 2x Shura - since you haven't said how many of each unit you own I can't advise further.

ARENA/COLO
    Regular arena, colo atk: :dark:Zekuu (or Asto, Lead) + (choice of 4x from Ilm, Zekuu, Zekuu, Lanza, Janice, Asto, Sae, Gabriela, Beiorg, Holia, Jakra)
    Colo def: :light:Janice (Lead) + (choice of 4x from above, but maybe not the Zekuus on defense)
    OR
    Water-only arena/colo: :water:Sae (Lead) + :water:Asto, :water:Ilm, :water:Holia, (and another water unit)

- SP units for KO resistance if they have that option

3. shade42564

shade42564 Gladiator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    jack-o
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    okay if i am using the first team you gave me as a general squad what would the sp on the units be as i have already added them and want to know what ones to change

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    :thunder:Cleria - 20 SP for boost to all perimeters, 10 SP for LS boost to all perimeters, then...up to you, but probably 30 SP for LS dmg taken boosts BB gauge, maybe boost burst heal or heal over time with 5 SP unspendable unless you Omni+ Cleria due to odd number. Up to you.
    :light:Gabriela - 20 SP for 30% boost to max HP, 50 SP for crit/ele/negate one more turn, after that up to you. Can go more HP + reduce BB cost, or take one of the heal and BB boost options. probably don't need heal over three turns tho, Cleria already does that. Note that Gabriela has one of the strongest burst heals in game if SP'd for that, but since Cleria is healing it isn't mandatory.
    :dark:Shion - 10 SP for boost to all perimeters, 10 SP for LS EXP boost, and...I personally like 60 SP for fills own BB gauge to max, then whatever with remainder. Note that this means you can't afford light/dark SP though unless you Omni+. May need to sacrifice SP for all perimeters or fills own gauge to full, but the 10 SP for LS EXP is practically mandatory.
    :earth:Mordlim - 10 SP for boost def/HP, 20 SP for BB/SBB 50% dmg reduction over two turns. Everything else is optional, honestly. Three turn status negate isn't needed as Cleria does it.
    :fire:Agnia - 10 SP for def/HP, 25 SP for spark dmg buff to 150%, rest is optional really. I'd probably go for more def/HP and/or maybe strengthen the damage taken restores HP effect.

5. shade42564

shade42564 Gladiator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    jack-o
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    i have my gabriela and also shion omni +2 and cleria omni +1 also im thinking of using vern over agnia so what about her?