I need help choosing my UOC

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by viejogato, Apr 20, 2016.

?

Unit

1. Anima Tridon

100.0%
  2. Gazia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. viejogato

viejogato Seraphim

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Tridon
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Well, I have two units in my mind: An anima Tridon or Gazia.
    The fact is that I have plenty of mitigators, but since Gazia is such a useful unit I really want it.
    In the other hand Tridon is my favorite unit of all time and I have been trying to get an anima Tridon since I started with brave. I have a Guardian Tridon by the way.
    I came to this conclusion, the chances of getting anima tridon are smaller than getting a gazia with x type. So I should choose the Tridon, but I might be wrong.

What do you guys say? Should I choose Tridon or Gazia xd?

2. Kyrian

Kyrian Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Ark/Azurai
    Level:
    560+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, FFBE
    You can't choose Gazia as your unit of choice because he is a free unit you get from clearing Trial X4: Gazia.

It's unwise to get a dupe Tridon because unit of choice events are rare. It's wasteful to get a dupe unit unless you already possess every single meta unit in the game. Guardian Tridon is good enough for questing and clearing content. There is no need to get an Anima.

My answer is neither. You have to take a good look at your roster, find what roles you are missing and pick a unit that can fill that role, even if that role is a relatively niche one like FH/FG, arena, etc.

3. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    As @Kyrian said, you can't request Gazia. Same as how you can't request Ark, Lucius, Karl, Grahdens, Seria, Paris, Lugina, Tilith or any other unique unit who is meant to be earned within the game itself.

Second, Guardian Tridon is the only Tridon you'll ever need. Type doesn't matter that much - realistically Anima is not giving you that much extra HP.

Third, Tridon sucks now. No, really. I'm serious.

Okay, so 'sucks' is a strong word. But you get what I'm saying. The problem is that his shield has always been a somewhat buggy and troublesome piece of code that sort of falls down and throws a tantrum in places. Gumi's given the thing a revamp two times now, and it still doesn't work right.

We tolerated this for two reasons, first because his lead skill is amazing - damage resistance on lead is rare - and second because there was nothing like the shield. It was effectively free HP, and the only thing that did it.

But now there's the option of bringing Gazia lead/friend, or maybe Laberd. So Tridon's lead skill isn't so important. And now we have the superior Barrier mechanic, which can be spammed on SBB by 7* Grahdens, Omni Lance and Juno-Seto, plus more units in the future... two of the barrier casters are free units. And the problem is that while you technically can cast Tridon's Shield together with a Barrier, the word from the people who stare at the game's code is that the Shield will end up fucking up the Barrier. In a bad way.

Since Barrier is better, if a squad includes Lance, Grah, Juno-Seto, plus is using Gazia lead, then really there's little reason left to bring Tridon. Now, if Gumi releases an OE Tridon or changes the Shield code so it doesn't screw up Barrier when cast, then we'll talk about using Tridon.

Tridon remains a decent choice for players who don't yet have the ability to run Gazia + Lance/Grahdens. But once you do...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    MmerkK412 likes this.
  4. siegfried.bautista

siegfried.bautista Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    Yup gaza pretty much throws out tridon mainly because tridon shield has no def which mean 3k hp with 0 def mean absolutely nothing now if Iam wrong and the shield dose have def it's low (I remember at one point it had its own def value but I think it was removed as it was bugged to take any attack before damage is calculated meaning the shield had to break then the unit can take damage but it was broken due to that fact that if it wasn't taken out in one hit you don't take damage and if it was taken in one hit a 2nd hit would had to follow to take damage which meant you can block instant kills with it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. viejogato

viejogato Seraphim

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Tridon
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Ty all, I just got Gazia, sorry for my ignorance.
    I read a thread about the comparison between barriers and Tridon shield, and yes, barriers are better.
    But I put my faith on gumi, they will give Tridon an OE, and fix the buggy shield xd.