I Need Some help with my squad building please.

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Temperr, Jan 14, 2018 at 12:34 AM.

1. Temperr

Temperr Ascended

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Tekken 7, Dark souls, Brave frontier
    I watched alot of reviews for my units and tried to make my own, working pretty well but i feel like im missing something severe. Team ive been using mostly were my nuker squad and my actual main squad. I already have a pretty good fh sqaud but colloseum is lacking.

Frontier hunter

:light: Kira ( lead )
    :light: Lauda
    :dark: Shion
    :thunder: Silvie
    :light: Regil
    Friend : :light: Arthur

Colloseum / arena

:thunder: Silvie
    :water: Humanity betrayer Nelson ( lead )
    :thunder: Eleonora
    :thunder: Beiorg
    :water: Selena

Nuker Squad

:thunder: Rize
    :thunder: Silvie ( lead )
    :thunder: Ragra
    :light: Regil
    :light:Lauda
    Friend : :light: Arthur
    This squad does the most amount of damage among my other squads, 319.943.593 million damage. I dont know if its good but by the look of it im pretty confident.

Main Squad

:light: Regil ( lead )
    :thunder: Silvie ( second choice lead )
    :dark: Shion
    :earth: Phileine
    :earth: Emily
    Friend : Shion or Arthur

I got Silvie and Phileine recently but i liked them both so i switched them out with Rozalia and Ragra. I made this squad with some squad building videos but i didnt understand a bit.

*Omni units

:fire: Rengaku, Shura
    :thunder: Rize, Ragra, Silvie, Eleonora, Beiorg
    :water: Laswell, Nelson ( Shapeshifter EU exclusive, pvp ), Camilla, Azami, Selena, Vern, Charlotte, Zeleste
    :earth: Hisui ( i dont like him), Phileine, Daze, Rozalia, Emily ( Shapeshifter Eu, Migitator )
    :dark: Shion, Haido
    :light: Kira, Lauda, Regil, Sirius, Magena ( Shapeshifter Eu ), mora

Link to to my eu units,
    https://imgur.com/user/Abbylovesanime

*7 stars

:earth: Quaid
    :thunder: Owen, Kanon
    :water: Azalea
    :light: Zekt, Diastma, Lucius, Ark, Krantz,
    :dark: Mizo Dorte

Hope you can help me for the one thats reading this, thanks !

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018 at 8:06 PM
  2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Usual disclaimer, it's an EU account, there's stat differences even between units that are in both games, I don't know the EU exclusives well, can't comment on EU meta, etc. So just a quick comment round, here, going down list in order. Overall this looks mostly good, so these are only minor comments.

FH and nuke squads ideally want 2x identical nuke units, e.g. 2x Rize, 2x Silvie, 2x Lauda, 2x Shura, etc. This is so the two nukes can spark off each other. But if you don't have duplicate units to use then that's fine.

Note that Regil may not be a great choice as a FH/nuke squad member if build already contains spark dmg buff from Silvie and BB atk from Lauda. His buff values are higher, but this is irrelevant if you're overwriting Regil with Silvie/Lauda anyway, which may be the case (I'm too lazy to check on their animation/frame data to be sure).

Regil does reasonably high damage but because he's typically used as an anchor unit for main squads, people might not have the 20 SP on him to max his individual spark dmg, which brings down his value as a nuke (some players might spend SP on something else). Compare this to things like Rize, Lauda, where generally we'd assume players take the dmg boost SP.

Arena/colo build seems fine.

Main squad is fine, though at a glance it doesn't have crit null or ailment inflict/debuff. That isn't a problem in most content, but in particular boss fights you might need to either adjust squad or bring a... Mordlim friend, for example.

3. Temperr

Temperr Ascended

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Thanks alot mate, what should i replace Regil with for fh? Shion or an other one?

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    I mean, fundamentally we assume squad is :light:Kira (Lead) + :dark:Shion ... that's baseline. If you have a second Shion, can go Kira (Lead) + Shion, Shion, Silvie, Lauda ... for example.

I think ideally you'd want something like 2x Rize or 2x Silvie, 2x Lauda, units where both the double nukes can be SP'd fully for self damage. Two Shion would NOT be my best choice, I cannot recommend that straight up... but if you can't do 2x identical other units you may need to consider it.

Shion is similar to Regil, insofar as that a Shion is unlikely to be fully SP optimised for nuke dmg (i.e. 20 SP for self spark dmg and 35 SP for self BB mod increase). Most people would want to SP Shion for light/dark add (in FH context) and account XP lead skill (for, you know, levelling), and there may not be enough SP to do everything you want.

I guess it's possible to have one Shion SP'd for account XP LS, light/dark add, self BB/SBB refill, you know... all those utility things, and then the second Shion SP'd for self spark, self BB mod, etc. But that still leaves one Shion without the damage boosters.

5. Temperr

Temperr Ascended

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Mm Yeah Yeah is see, Thanks :) I don t really get it but im really struggling with harder content like trials, strategy zones and those instances against a single boss enemy like an avant boss for example. I tried the trial called the genius challenge but i got owned, got to the part where altro kicks in... i get one shotted in strat zone and i cant make ' no reviving ' battles. Lol im complaining alot i know but i have to get this of my chest. I used my main squad for these instances : Regil lead, Emily, Phileine, Shion, Silvie.

Here are Some screens of my sphere and sp setups that i used on my main one,

Shion
    Sp : 20 > 40 > 60 stat, Dark/light add, break attack meter / exp boost.

Link spheres and elgif : https://imgur.com/gallery/wTGYP

Phileine
    Sp : 30 > 50 stat, earth barrier. Still have 35 remaining for bb fill on damage take.

Link spheres and elgif :
    https://imgur.com/gallery/vIwSg

Regil
    Sp : 50 stat up, spark boost, hp restore to sbb, break limit cap, enhance ls parameters.

Link : https://imgur.com/gallery/RafBR

Silvie
    Sp ( I messed up on this one )
    20 stat up parameters > 30, hp up 30, enhance sparkbuff to sbb, break attack cap, bb buff + 1 turn duration, enhance stat boost for bb.

Spheres and elgif link : https://imgur.com/gallery/eCPCy

Emily Eu exclusive,
    Sp is on the link if you want to see it.

Spheres and elgif link : https://imgur.com/gallery/wtKMW

1 more thing, attack orders like who uses His er her sbb or bb first or the position. Does that really matter?

Greetings,

Temps

6. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Technically yes, but in practice you can only actually coordinate this well if you cast manually. If doing autobattle with low delay it is hard to control, and the turn order in auto setting may not actually help. More on this later.

For FH and anything you are trying to kill in one turn, it is ideal to get certain dmg buffs out first, i.e. crit and element add early, then BB atk, atk, spark dmg buff can come later.

This is because for most dmg buffs, like... if say unit A goes first, then Unit B goes second and casts crit rate + BB atk buffs... it is possible/likely that Unit A will start calculating damage on the enemy without the benefit of Unit B's buffs for that turn. Spark dmg buff works instantly however (i.e. if A is still attacking and buff is cast 'midway', A will benefit immediately) so spark dmg buff can go later.

Now, autobattle theoretically lets you set the order in which units move. However...

The complicating factor here is... I am not sure about EU, but in Global the autobattle system allows you to minimise frame delay and you can also eliminate BB/SBB cut-in options (the option thing is shared, but auto settings historically have been different from Global/EU/JP and I am not sure what EU has these days). Most people use 0ms auto in Global to optimise sparking.

Issue with 0ms delay is... since effectively units start animating instantly, in practice the buff application may be what gets defined by their hit animation frames rather than the turn order.

Example, since, say, Ensa-Taya is a stationary unit who has minimal startup delay in her animation sequence, even if she's set as... I don't know, the unit to move 3rd or 4th rather than 1st in an attack autobattle order... she PROBABLY starts calculating her damage and applies buffs first before any other unit in the squad applies buffs or attacks. Unless others are equally fast.

This may influence unit placement choice to some degree, e.g. stationary ranged attack animation units in back row, melee units that need to run up to enemy in front row. Note that if using 2x identical units in FH/nuke squad, these should be in top/bottom front row or top/bottom back row... so that, if they are melee, they travel together to punch enemy in face and arrive at same time. Do not place a paired/dupe nuker in middle front (centre position in squad setup screen)

Regarding the later super-hard trials, there is generally no silver bullet one size fits all solution; may need to tailor squad for that particular trial if experiencing difficulty, or look up strategies/etc for it. We generalise for squad building - you have a high end 'good for most hard content' squad already in terms of units. If you are still experiencing difficulty, it means a) you need to look at actual strategy walkthrough for that fight and not just brute force, b) squad is not mature yet - even tho units are fine, spheres/etc may be lacking, c) that fight needs a different tailored setup, see point a.

7. Temperr

Temperr Ascended

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dear Acyl,

I can't thank you enough for helping me out with the questions i had in mind, shouldve thanked you earlier though. Its amazing how you help out me and the others ! The answers you gave me were usefull and im trying to put them to work ( obviously lol ) I tried the genius challenge with an actual strategy i found on youtube, tried it with my main sqaud and an eu exclusive unit ( similair to shion ) Cosette ( link : https://imgur.com/gallery/NfNGR' ) friend to get the unlimited ubb but it didnt work out when i fought avant, managed to get some new units and some duplicates, dont know if they are any good lol.

I got Beiorg 3 times now, i dont use him much so wouldnt think he would be relevant. the one i was hoping for : Kira ( my second )
    Also got Arthur out of the gate, took me a year but finally. Planning to put this mono light team together, heard that it was pretty high damaging.

:light: Arthur
    :light: Kira ( lead )
    :light: Kira or Regil
    :light: Lauda
    :light: Diastma
    :light: Arthur friend

Got a second :thunder: Ragra, :water: Savia, second :light: regil ( dont know if its worth keeping another one ), :earth: Mordlim, :thunder: jireid and :light: Solos,
    :earth: Libera. Btw we havent got a system where we can use auto battles yet, sure we have auto battles but the order of casts are random and we cant modify anything except using ubb while auto or not. They promised us though, thats a good start lol.

Would like to thank you again ;)

Greetings,

Temps

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018 at 10:48 PM