I really need help with squad pls

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Mandalita, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Mandalita

Mandalita Berserker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Spellscythe Ciardha
    Level:
    Hi,
    I'm an old player and i don't know how to build a good squad with all that changes.
    I need some balanced squad, something with good dmg combining characters SBB's.
    My units are:
    :fire:: Arus, Rengaku, Malef, Barion, Barbara, Valen
    :earth:: Freed, Mariletta, Baro, Barvars
    :thunder:: Licht, Jireid, Fizz
    :water:: Azami, Arsom, Hugh, Amu Yunos
    :light:: Astall, Agress, Janice, Ionia
    :dark:: Elza, Zekuu x2, Zeek, Zalvard, Sonia, Ciardha:p, Mizo Dorte,

Thank you so much for your help!!:)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    So, this is not terrible, but there is one major problem. You don't have any unit that does 50% damage reduction buff (mitigation) on BB/SBB. Community calls this a mitigator. Basically this game's equiv of the tank role, kinda. Squad needs a tank in other RPGs, here you need a mitigator or you're fucked. It's been that way for years so even last time you played, it was probably like that already.

With no mitigator of your own, need to make mitigator friends. Can get some mitigators from in-game rewards, but only one in-game reward mitigator is Omni, and for some content friend slots are locked, so, that's a thing.

Generally speaking squad build here's gonna be defined by limitations.
    - You have one dmg reduction/mitigation LS (intended to stack with mitigation BB/SBB). That's Arsom. So Arsom squad lead.
    - Then you need ailment removal/cleanse, which means Baro or Janice (technically Amu Yunos, but forget that).
    - You'd need some form of heals, which means Elza or Janice, maybe Mariletta. Leaning towards Janice TBH, due to overlap with above.
    - You want stat buffs, and I'm not seeing any def buffer here besides Agress and Barvars, or Sonia with SP. May want def relative to other stat, which means Ionia or Sonia, don't see other obvious options.
    - You want BB fill when squad is damaged, meaning Baro, Mariletta, Agress. I'd say Agress due to the above point.
    - May need crit null from some bosses, and only crit nuller here is Freed.
    - Need ailment inflict/debuffs for some bosses, so Arsom, Ionia, Sonia, Azami, Malef, Elza... but in practice it'd be Arsom+Ionia/Sonia since you'd want them anyway.

Therefore:
    :water:Arsom (Lead) + :light:Janice, :light:Agress, :dark:Sonia (or Ionia), (last slot reserved for mitigator)
    - SP Arsom for sparks fill BB gauge if using Sonia - probably also if using Ionia, tho Ionia has it on BB -- but not SBB
    - SP Arsom or Ionia for spark dmg buff if using Ionia. If using Sonia, SP Sonia for spark dmg buff strength (and it is not needed on Arsom)
    - SP Sonia for atk stat buff and def relative to atk if SP permits
    - sphere Sonia/Ionia when possible for ailments, e.g. vorpal chainblades, virulent device, metal orb
    - if need crit null, bring Freed somewhere, otherwise bring whatever (e.g. Zalvard for crit)

OTHER UNITS, BUILDS
    - Barion for Frontier Hunter/Crit lead, with ... Zalvard, Malef (SP elements), and someone for sparks fill BB gauge in squad (Arsom/Licht, maybe Elza, Hugh)
    - Ciardha for arena/colo lead, with 2x Zekuu, Zalvard, and something in squad

3. Mandalita

Mandalita Berserker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Spellscythe Ciardha
    Level:
    Hi Acyl, first of all thank you for your help, i really apreciate that u spend your time answering!
    Now i understand better what a squad needs, the mitigator its a big problem but today i get Valen, its a good mitigator for the squad u recomend me?
    Sorry for my english, Thx u so much!

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Yes. :water:Arsom (Lead) + :light:Janice, :fire:Valen, :dark:Sonia, (and one more unit)

Valen can replace Agress, as Valen does 50% dmg reduction/mitigation, AND he also does def buff and BB fill when squad is damaged, which was mainly what Agress was for. However Valen needs SP enhancement at Omni in order to do BB fill when squad is damaged, he does not have it naturally.

If Valen does not have SP at Omni, still bring Agress or some other unit for BB fill when squad damaged.

: help, squad