I'm looking for some SP build help.

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Crole, May 8, 2018.

1. Crole

Crole Heavyweight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Priestess Snow Miku
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I'm making a squad to play through the tougher parts of the game (GCC, Trials, etc) and I think I've found a good arrangement.

My squad is:

Janice (L)

Shura

Razak

Holia

Nagid

All of them are Omni, and have had enhancements unlocked. I think the special moves cover what's necessary for the squad, but I don't want to leave the enhancements unfilled. Are there any nice to haves that I haven't sussed from the enhancement lists? Thank you in advance.

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Enhancements aren't the issue, squad does not meet usual minimum standards for trial/GGC.

- MAJOR PROBLEM: Janice lead skill is not viable for general multipurpose squad. Only usable for colosseum defence only, should not be used in lead slot outside colo. Meta is dmg reduction/mitigation LS, e.g. Alan/Lukroar/Regil/Azurai/etc type or Cleria/Phileine/Amus/Rain/etc type.
    - MAJOR PROBLEM: Squad does not contain sparks fill BB gauge buff
    - MAJOR PROBLEM: Squad does not contain base atk/def/rec buff, only additional stacking buffs from Holia/Nagid - these are fairly pointless if the squad doesn't already have a base atk/def/rec increase to work off, the Holia/Nagid buffs are intended to go on top of the regular vanilla ones, not be used instead of.
    - Minor problem: Janice/Holia/Nagid overlap for UBB, generally it is advisable to bring 1x unit with KO resistance UBB, but not necessarily three. This isn't a dealbreaker but is very inefficient.
    - Minor problem: Janice/Holia/Nagid overlap for heal over three turns buff. Again, acceptable but inefficient.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  3. Crole

Crole Heavyweight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Priestess Snow Miku
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Oh no, that's bad.

Well at least I'll have evolved them so that they can be incorporated into later teams, thank you for the advice, I'll be going back to the drawing board.

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    I've edited my earlier post with some comments on what lead skill you really want. Some edits elsewhere in post, but the info on the lead skill is the key thing. Example units in previous post, but by way of explanation - you want a dmg reduction/mitigation LS to stack with BB/SBB mitigation. Note that the static 10-15% dmg reduction LS can stack freely with anything, including another copy of itself. 20% dmg reduction when something happens (e.g. 5k dmg suffered, or enough sparks occur)... the 20% version cannot stack with another similar 20% LS, even if activation requirement differs. Therefore if using a 20% dmg reduction LS of your own, cannot use 20% dmg reduction friend and your possible friend leads narrow to Regil/Lukroar/Alan/Azurai/Shida/etc (the 10-15% universal type).

If boss element is known, then element-specific dmg reduction LS can also be used, e.g. Holia's LS has dmg reduction/mitigation but only vs. a couple of elements, not all damage types.

Besides LS, at the very minimum, it would be recommended to ensure squad has either atk/def/rec buff (or just atk/def, def/rec, etc) or sparks fill gauge in squad - you can get either atk/def/rec or sparks fill gauge from the range of viable trial/GGC friends, but you cannot get both, IIRC there is no acceptable trial friend unit who does both things.

5. Crole

Crole Heavyweight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Priestess Snow Miku
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Okay, so I added Blaze who gives me the tri-stat buff, Daltisk who provides BB damage fill, Lumis who removes/negates ailments, and I have one more slot to fill. I'm considering putting a BB attack buffer in that slot like Lauda, or an ailment inflictor.

Since you're talking about mitigating LSs, would Nagid's LS work? I know it isn't flat damage reduction, but it buffs defense and HP and restores HP when taking damage.

The problem is Daltisk, Lumis and Nagid have an overlapping 75% mitigation effect. But I'm not as concerned with overlapping UBBs, and removing Holia resolves the overlapping AI UBB effect.

6. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    I'm assuming the mitigator is still Nagid. With Blaze+Daltisk+Lumis+Nagid, you require a spark dmg buff in the final slot (unless friend does this). Ailments are situationally required vs. some bosses, yes, but not vs. others. Spark dmg+ailments in one slot can be found on several units, e.g. Ensa-Taya, Jireud, Neviro, or in a pinch Elza, Ionia, etc.
    Percentage dmg reduction on LS is valued as the most important thing in tanky squads for a reason - that is still the ultimate goal. If no 10-15% static or 20% conditional dmg reduction LS is available, then other non-dmg-reduction LS (like Nagid) can be used with Alza Masta friend (as Alza Masta LS provides both 10-15% static and 20% conditional dmg reduction in the same LS). However maximum dmg reduction on lead would still be an Alan/Lukroar/Regil static dmg reduction/mit 10-15% type plus an Alza Masta friend.

7. Crole

Crole Heavyweight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Priestess Snow Miku
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I've actually selected Regil for the final unit, because he provides a spark buff, spark invulnerability and a BB attack buff. His attack buff may overwrite the attack segment of Blaze's tristat buff, but it's only a 10% difference so I'm not that concerned. His leader skill also provides 10% damage reduction from all elemental types, which I'm assuming is EWD.

8. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    - Spark vuln is largely irrelevant as a buff. It does something, it's just not high priority.
    - Regil atk relative to HP and BB atk buffs stack with Blaze atk buff (there is no 'tristat' buff, these are separate atk, def, rec buffs, we just use tristat as a reference for convenience), and also stack with Blaze's self-only atk buff. These buffs are all subject to the same atk stat cap, however.
    - Regil LS when enhanced does 15% dmg reduction/mitigation vs. all dmg types, it is functionally a universal flat 15% dmg reduction and is the most desirable lead skill type for your own lead (assuming you can use Alza Masta, Cleria/Mordlim/Phileine/Rain/etc type friends).
    - this is flat/static dmg reduction, not EWD immunity/counter/null - EWD is unofficial shorthand used by community, in-game generally calls that effect elemental dmg boost or boosts elemental dmg which is super vague and has potential for confusion with other effects. hence why community uses 'EWD' as a reference. EWD and EWD buffs refers specifically to, for example, an actual fire unit attacking an actual earth target - it does not affect elements 'painted on' by element buffers or multi-element attacks (e.g. a light unit dealing fire damage is not EWD and is not affected by any EWD buffing - the light unit dealing fire dmg still does 1.5x weakness hit to a earth target, but the light unit's dmg is not further increased by any extra EWD bonuses on squad).
    - Regil LS has nothing to do with above, as it's reducing actual dmg, e.g. if a fire unit attacks a light unit in a Regil squad, the incoming dmg is still reduced by the LS.

9. Crole

Crole Heavyweight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Priestess Snow Miku
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    So a Regil lead would be desirable lead since he has 15% flat damage reduction. Does that clash with Lukroar's LS? Because if so, then I have friends who use Phileine and Cleria.

So, it's all coming together. Should I re-post this topic since I had to rework my team?