Is this game f2pable

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius' started by KaiserSparky, Dec 17, 2016.

1. KaiserSparky

KaiserSparky Behemoth

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Felice/Azurai/Lauda/Rain/Fina
    Level:
    271+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Brave frontier/world of tanks pc/minecraft
    seems much more greed influenced than bf. It seems common for whales to have to pull literally 200 times to get the one good unit in the gates...

2. Kismos

Kismos Archangel

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ark, Sirius, Felice, Zelnite
    Level:
    230+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Brave frontier, FFBE
    I'm currently rank 25 F2P. It is very tough to get by as a F2P but not impossible. I have about 15 top tier units (with 2 being best in the game). True, I only have 15 good units out of ~100 pulls, but FFBE is more generous with summon tickets than BF IMO. Plus, using a macro to auto farm trust mastery, items, etc. IS ALLOWED according to the developers so that might make your life a bit easier

3. KaiserSparky

KaiserSparky Behemoth

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    271+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Thanks. Those summon rates might make me wanna just stay on bf. Even if you got lucky we gotta admit there's a problem when somebody spends hundreds of dollars and doesn't get what they want....

4. Kismos

Kismos Archangel

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ark, Sirius, Felice, Zelnite
    Level:
    230+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Brave frontier, FFBE
    Yeah, I recommend not trying to go for the units that start at 5*, since that'll be a ~0.5% pull rate. Lots of great units start at 3* and those are the ones F2Pers wanna go for. Some guy on youtube used $600 to get a single Lightning.

5. siegfried.bautista

siegfried.bautista Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    If your willing to reroll for strong units it's doable my current main use 2 lightning which took all day to re roll and an alt account with noctis I just made right now both account just need a good tank and healer but rina and Charlotte will do for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. KaiserSparky

KaiserSparky Behemoth

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    271+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    2late now unless I can unlink from fb

7. Exarion

Exarion Eris

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Zeruiah, Azurai, Avant, Zekt, Rozalia, Ark, Shion
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Urban Rivals, Eredan ITCG
    The game is playable as a FTP even if you are not very lucky with the sommons. I am a FTP (lvl 28).
    You will need a healer and the game gives you one during the story : Fina. She's not very strong but she does the job. I only have her as healer/cleanser and I am at the middle of the third and last world Olderion... Using Fina will give you some time to progress in the game and to win some Lapis and maybe to summon a better healer later (Refia, etc.).
    I think the game is playable only with 5* units. But when new maps will be released, it will be hard :oops:
    What is too difficult too with only 5* units is the last levels of the special dungeons. But the Quests it's ok for the moment.
    Evolving a unit from 5* to 6* is just horrible. The required items are so rare... Even after playing for around 3 months, I don't even have half of the required items to evolve only one of my units in 6* :( I even begin to wonder if FTP players can evolve their units in 6*... :confused:

I agree, the rates are horrible for the summons... This morning I summoned 32 times for Noctis and I didn't get him :( I didn't even get Mercedes nor Chizuru nor a good unit in fact. I got 11 Charlotte :( Charlotte is correct because she's a tank unit. She can evolve in 6* on the JP server so surely it will be possible in a near future on the Global server. In my case she's useless because I have Cecil (a better tank unit) but else Charlotte does the job very well for the players who do not have Cecil and a tank unit is always appreciated in a squad :) And the drop rate for Charlotte in this moment is high.
    A friend of mine summoned 36 times and the same than me (10 Charlotte, no Chizuru/Noctis/Mercedes, he got Cecil tough).
    My squad for the moment : Karl, Cloud of Darkness, Bartz, Fina, Cecil (all 5* lvl max).
    My friend (he is also at Olderion) : Cecil, Vivi, Fina, Elza, Garland.
    What I cruelly lack is a good physical damage unit (Chizuru, Lightning, etc.). One or two good physical damage units are a big help in a squad :)

Because I can't evolve my units in 6*, I begin to get bored with this game. But else the game is playable as FTP player (until new maps arrive with a higher difficulty).

8. KaiserSparky

KaiserSparky Behemoth

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    271+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Whoa thanks. this doesn't seem 2 much like it would be very fun to f2p so I think I'll stick with bf

9. siegfried.bautista

siegfried.bautista Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    Just make a quick Facebook account and re roll till you get something good that's what I did for my two accounts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Henshen

Henshen Gleaming God

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    (in the works; Avant/Zero/Fei+Fang currently)
    Level:
    400+ (SM:120)
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Roundabout - Yes
    Rates might seem lower than BF, but the "gems" come by much, much more frequently. Dailies and arena by themselves reward 9/10ths of a gem per day, whereas in BF you'd have to get lucky in order to get 2-3 in a week.

Not only that, but you don't really need "base 5*" at this point in time. There's still plenty of 3* and 4* units that go up to 6*s. (Cecil is considered best tank atm and is 3* base, so his rates are pretty high. Same with Refia as a healer. 4* base, but seems to drop like candy)
    ---
    Personally, I see FFBE being more F2P friendly than BF.

11. KaiserSparky

KaiserSparky Behemoth

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    271+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Yes they are generous with summons..but in bf it takes around 20 summons for a unit.in ffbe it takes 200 or more. I don't think ffbe is better f2p than bf. F2p in bf for one week and I had a squad of top tier units. F2p in ffbe for a month and not a single rainbow crystal..

12. Henshen

Henshen Gleaming God

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    (in the works; Avant/Zero/Fei+Fang currently)
    Level:
    400+ (SM:120)
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Roundabout - Yes
    Also have to take in account that Trust Mastery actually makes non-meta units feasible; heck, unlike BF it even makes getting dupes of several units a positive thing.
    -----
    Wait until you complete most content in BF. The gem drought becomes REAL, and as a F2P you're likely going to have to skip 2 LE gates in order to save up enough for a semi-decent chance to obtain one.

13. Pulsate

Pulsate Athena

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    PM me
    Leader:
    Rain/Long/Durumn/Zeis (soon)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Competitive Gears of War 4 (Xbox)
    With smart use of Lapis, this game is quite nice to F2P.
    3 and 4* base units are relatively easy to get if you save your ressources and they should be enough to clear content and enjoy the game.
    5* base rates are NOT necessary (at least for now and in the near future) but some of them look really appealing. However it's a huge trap, if you want to have a roster of top tier units on BF you can be fine with a 35$ bundle every 2-3 months, on FFBE if you want all the best units, you basically need to whales thousands and thousands of dollars because Lapis is very expensive compared to BF bundles and rates for those 5* base units are around 1 - 1.5%

Basically the game is very viable as F2P, but I feel like the light-P2P archetype is just not viable, because you can get most of the great 3-4* base units with pure F2P, smart usage of Lapis and some luck but if you want to upgrade your roster at this point you need 5* base units. And the thing is, unlike BF you CANT "expect" to get something good (a 5* base in that case) from 50-100$ because the rates are so low...

TLDR : F2P is very viable, you can have a very solid roster able to clear all content but you wont have the perfect team.
    If you want perfect teams, you'll need to be a massive whale (thousands $$$)
    The "in between" (spend 20-30$ every 2-3 months, like I used to do on BF) sucks sadly because the 3-4* base are easy to get and the 5* base (only way to really upgrade your account compared to F2P) have a high chance of never appearing even if you spend a couple hundreds

14. skywolf80

skywolf80 Celestial God

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    LE unit/GL unit
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    yes, if you don mind using Rain, Laswell Fina etc default units. you can try your luck to summon rare unit when you enough rapis. don spend money to buy rapis, because the chance to get strong unit like Lightning, Dark Fina they just only 1% during promotion period. after promotion period their chance is >1%.

15. herpderp

herpderp Deva

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite/Ark/Ilm
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Steam, unison, AC:Unity, FFBE, FFRK
    Tbh if you're lucky you'll be able to summon some 6* units - if not you'll be doomed to mediocrity with 5* units.

You don't necessarily need to keep rerolling, as questing with provide you with lapis to summon quite often.