Kulyuk vol. 4 prep

Discussion in 'Quests & Bosses' started by Jr77, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Jr77

Jr77 Dark Destroyer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Juno-seto
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Melty Blood
    Just finished vol. 3 and getting ready to try vol. 4. Thinking of squad compositions
    I'm thinking:
    Rozalia lead(haven't SP'd yet)
    Zeru(all elem + OD gauge fill)
    Lauda(damage)
    Hisui(or Juno)
    Felice?(if I don't choose to go BB when hit w/rozalia)
    Holia friend(w/her and Roz, that's 30% extra fire def)

What y'all think? I feel that if I go and give Rozalia the BB when hit effect, I'll switch up felice for maybe Lala for def buff, and use Juno for miti. Any other units I should consider? Any help is appreciated[​IMG][​IMG]

Scored too high for you to catch up

2. Oene

Oene Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Zeruiah
    Level:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Squad looks fine but instead you could try running Holia lead(with the extra 10% fire/water mitigation on bb/sbb from sp) w/ ark friend sp'd for ele/crit null - ik holia has crit/ele null on sbb but with bb drain it can be tricky getting her sbb maxed every time, could just take ark friend with crit/ele null as a back up really

Using that squad with rozalia/holia lead/friend will take a lot of turns which can be more dangerous than safe since 2nd phase he starts st/buffwipes on random units every couple of turns, last thing you want is to be at like 100+ turns and fail

You can use this reddit thread to kind of get an idea of his mechanics/other people's clear squads: https://goo.gl/9aaTr5

Good luck

3. Kyrian

Kyrian Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Ark/Azurai
    Level:
    560+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, FFBE
    My clear squad was Ark/Holia leads + Juno, Ensa, Melord, Atro (I wanted a BB gauge fill rate buff + def buff + BB on hit from some other unit besides Kulyuk. So... I took Atro.) In your case, you can just replace Melord with any unit with a def convert buff such as Lara or Hisui. Preferably Lara since she also offers BC/HC buffs, HP on hit and an atk convert buff. Hence, your squad could look like this: Ark/Holia leads + Ensa, Hisui/Juno, Lara, Felice/Atro

Another option would be Ark/Holia leads + Zeruiah, Lauda, Hisui, Felice/Atro (BB on hit is one of the best ways to get your BB gauge back)

I would actually recommend AGAINST Rozalia lead in favour of Holia since you will need damage; Kulyuk is pretty damn tanky and you don't want to fight him forever. Bring a hero crystal and spam Holia's UBB and SBB during the whole fight. Holia's UBB will save you a LOT of revives and her rec convert buff on her SBB will save you a lot grief from Kulyuk's annoying DoT. The extra rec will boost healing received from Holia or Juno's HoT will allow your units to heal to full and survive the HoT even when guarding against buff wipes. Other than that, guard against buff wipes (including one on turn 20), make sure Holia's angel idol buffs are active when you hit turn 30-34 (as Kulyuk will nuke you) and you should be fine. Oh, and the Hero crystal is specifically for Kulyuk's last nuke at the end where you have to UBB Ark, just in case you don't have a full UBB gauge at that time. Don't use it before that point.

TheLanimal89 likes this.
  4. Scrubbius Maximus

Scrubbius Maximus Slumber God

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Shion/Shion/Shion
    Level:
    404 and increasing
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Rozalia or Holia (or even Azurai) + Rain/Ark/Lyoness/Mariela leads would be the go-to imo; basically 1 fire-element miti lead with a 20% conditional miti lead.

Holia lead if you think the HoT is more useful (10% of rec + ~800-1000), Rozalia lead if you think the gauge-support is better. Mariela offers BB-on-hit for her LS; Ark offers spark-dmg boost (Kulyuk is very resistant to that though); Lyoness is arguably the best since shes anti-fire as well; Rain for the atk-down (which Kulyuk is either resistant or immune to i think); Hisui for elemental negation.

I personally went with Rozalia-Rain + Zenia-Zeru-Holia-Lauda for my first clear. BB-spamming wasnt an issue given Rozalia's LS and the number of attacks Kulyuk does.

5. Jr77

Jr77 Dark Destroyer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Juno-seto
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Melty Blood
    Hmm might give it a go with your examples. I have zenia but I've just been lazy in getting her to 8* tried holia/ark,hisui,lauda,felice,zeru and wasn't doing enough damage tbh. Don't have and FF units so laswell ain't an option :p

6. Jr77

Jr77 Dark Destroyer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Juno-seto
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Melty Blood
    After about a week of SPing units and lvling up Silvie, I finally beat it rozalia is a beast and saved my ass countless times. Also all hail Silvie, made it go by sooo much faster. Thanks to all who helped[​IMG]

7. Prasetyo Witanto

Prasetyo Witanto Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ark, Holia, Zelnite
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I am glad that I have gabriela.... her ubb is similar to holia in giving angel idol and her ubb gives 50bc on hit so during her ubb, you most likely don't die and hit kulyuk very hard with sbb spamming...
    during turn 20,30 and kulyuk overdrive, instead of going with ubb 75% mitigation, I used gabriela and attack during those points and the angel idols just procured :) and you kill kulyuk faster :)