General Guide Leader Skill Analyses

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Glum, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Chrono

Chrono Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    rich theif guy, dragon mom, angry old fire man
    Level:
    220ish
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Pokemon
    with weakness damage

2. Killua_

Killua_

Server:
    Japanese
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Loa
    Still not as broken as zebra/mare , and it's not so easy to get

3. cykoc1

cykoc1 Legend

Leader:
    Dia/Elza
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    This is by far the most informative thread I've seen in my short time on forums . Thank you .

4. Israfie

Israfie The Gif Man

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    867-5309
    Leader:
    Gravion
    I disagree with a lot of what the OP has said due mostly to my personal preference.
    I like rainbow leads.
    I like Oulu and Gravion friends. However scarce they may be.
    I have found that my Lodin arena team wins more than my Uda/Phee led teams due to the extra attack.
    I have seen definite improvements in my damage when using +Atk/rainbow leads even as far as Bb damage.
    The guardians 15% reduction + 25% boost is DEFINITELY niche in the legend dungeons for those who don't have Maxwell.
    /end rant.

5. CodeB

CodeB

Server:
    Japanese
    Leader:
    Avant/Thunder Dragon/Charla
    Horuna seems to be a great leader tho, how would you rate her LS? She atks with her sbb, so I think she might be even better in some situations than Lilly.
    For example, Cardes.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  6. Glum

Glum Aether

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ziz
    Level:
    I appreciate your feedback, but preference is anecdotal and subjective. The mathematics say that a 50% leader skill is only about a 10% boost to damage, whereas Maxwell is x400% damage and spark leads are x200% damage in most cases. I have a feeling you didn't read it very thoroughly, because I actually said Lodin arena is still very strong.

Horuna's LS will most likely be in the godlike tier, but as she's not released yet, I'm not going to add her. :p

For those who don't know, her LS is 2-4 BC fill when attacked, 30% BB fill rate.

However, I don't have one so I don't know how well it works in practice. Lilly Matah ends up being like a +10 BC per turn increase with her LS and SBB combo, which is definitely irreplacable if you have only one target. I doubt Horuna could maintain unlimited Darvanshel SBB with only 1 enemy. Also, Horuna's SBB actually has a low(ish) modifier of 400% and a low(ish) crit buff of 50%. I'd rather just not use her at all, and use Kuda & Uda. Kuda has the same crit and a 100% ATK buff, and Uda has a higher fill rate and +30% BC droprate.

7. Koshchei

Koshchei

Leader:
    Does that mean you don't use +all stat spheres?

8. Glum

Glum Aether

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ziz
    Level:
    There's no other good alternative in Global. A Legwand gives a not-too-shabby +25% HP, which is extremely valuable.

I do use +40% HP spheres on units that have really high BB modifiers.

9. CodeB

CodeB

Server:
    Japanese
    Leader:
    Avant/Thunder Dragon/Charla
    I see. I guess Lilly is still stronger against single enemies. I think Horuna would be strong against raid bosses with more than one body part but don't drop enough bc, and is good when paired with Maxwell.

10. Alchemia

Alchemia Gleam

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Regil, Fina, Silvie
    Level:
    Increasing, slowly
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Interesting. What are some units you add those to?

11. Glum

Glum Aether

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ziz
    Level:
    It goes well on any unit where survivability is uncertain. If I'm against a fire boss, I certainly would give it to my Zelnite, for instance. In this meta, 1 HP point is easily worth 5 points in any other stat. I'd rather have an extra 15% HP than 25% in stats that don't amount to much.

Alchemia likes this.
  12. Floodj32

Floodj32

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Changes with the release of units
    Great info on LS. Makes me rethink my approach to squad composition.

I would love to hear your analysis of Sefia's LS as it pairs increase atk for mono light with increased BB (20%). I assume, any analysis would be dependent on the BC required for the other units in the squad. All the same, would love to hear what you think.

Thanks for the info! You made me rethink some units I had left idle as possible leaders.

13. Glum

Glum Aether

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ziz
    Level:
    Thanks for your feedback!

Sefia is actually sadly very overrated. The 50% ATK is next-to-useless for reasons that I've mentioned, and there are no good light units in the current meta except for Maxwell to add into the squad. (Narza is "decent" but he obviously doesn't benefit from ATK.) Her only saving grace is the 20% BB fill rate, but this is just as bad as a 3* Wyvern's leaderskill. There are way better units to use, especially since Sefia has a not-great dropcheck of 20, a relatively low damage SBB, and Sefia's paralysis has a pretty low proc rate compared to Luther, Semira, and Nalmika.

14. Floodj32

Floodj32

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Changes with the release of units
    Thanks for destroying my whole squad :) Time to start training up some differnet units. Thankfully I have Uda, Lily Matah, Elza. Now I just have to find some units to pair with them as my F2P leaves me with not as many options. Really appreciate the help and I expect to have a much better team soon.

15. BobTheUmpaLoompa

BobTheUmpaLoompa Phanes

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Avant, Zelnite
    Level:
    250+
    Dang so this whole time I've had Terminator Lilith as my leader, and skill pretty much is worthless... Ha well I'm free to play so still building up my team of six stars which currently is Lilith, Duel SGX, Spear King Raydn, Blaze Guru Bran, and Vargus. About the only good unit on your list that I have right now is Phee, but is her leader skill pretty decent to start out with?

16. Glum

Glum Aether

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ziz
    Level:
    With a Duel SGX, your best leader option is Zebra. Pairing Zebra with an Uda friend will yield deadly results.

17. Lennath

Lennath Demon

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Maxwell, Azael
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    +50% still good in arena :) because we have sinister orb, hallowed skull, 2nd turn BB is not a problem now.. (+Lexida soon) And it hit hard too.
    I'm using Azael lead in arena... (50% to light & dark, and -10% reduction from light & dark) (only in arena, haha) I can kill 2-3 units on the first turn :)
    Have not lost yet since I used Azael leader.. Azael, Maxwell and Elza is godly here..

Other than arena, +50% leader don't have a future for now..
    Thanks glum for your wonderful guide

Glum likes this.
  18. Glum

Glum Aether

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ziz
    Level:
    Yeah, I've been meaning to change it. I'm actually running Azael as well. Pre-Halloween spheres, it wasn't possible. These spheres are so OP.

19. Username

Username Skywalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Michele(L), Zenia(G), Bestie(O)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Rank G_Gold, FF:RK
    Can you mention that all of the "secondary" effects of rainbow LS (I.E. Michele's +10% Hp and Lodin 1.3x BB fill rate) apply regardless of team composition? Because of this they are still good in quests, just not the "best". Lodin himself as a unit add s a very rare BB regen effect.

20. PuppyStew

PuppyStew Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Vern, Zero, Lara, Felice, Krantz, Avant
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 2
    Currently Playing:
    LoL, Overwatch, Pokemon, Ark
    Yeah I believe that's why he's ranked the Uda/Felneus/etc higher. 50% ATK LS isn't too relevant outside of arena. Plus the BB spam LS's are useful for quest, FH, vortex, etc etc and is viable in arena as well. Great guide tho although I still prefer having some of the ones categorized as "bad" as friends. It's always good to have all kinds of LS for versatility.