Mother Snow Stya Unit Review

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by rakkety, Aug 1, 2014.

1. rakkety

rakkety Seraphim

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Elza
    Level:
    120+
    Hunter Rank:
    Time for a unit review of one of my other favorite units. Mother Snow Stya! She was my first vortex drop. I got her first try on level 1 :D So I'm particularly attached to her. Hope you enjoy!

A pirate captain notorious for her misdeeds along the Kingdom of Sama’s coast.
    [​IMG]
    Fearsome with a double-pronged pole sword, Stya is known for the savage work she made of any who dared to approach her. The image of her snow-white hair stained crimson with the blood of her victims gave rise to her sobriquet “Snow Flower”, though others claim the name came from her frosty demeanor coupled with her beautiful appearance.
    [​IMG] Whether swinging her frosty pole-sword or insulting her underlings with her icy tongue, Stya sent a chill down the spine of all whom she encountered. Her hatred for fellow sea-farer Captain Mega was so intense that she would dole out a vicious beating to any of her subordinates who so much as dared to mention his name.
    [​IMG] After hearing news that her arch-nemesis Captain Mega had joined the army, she immediately formed a band of pirates to launch a preemptory attack. She led with an iron fist as well as a predilection for creative insults, and was loved as a “princess” by those who followed her. Rumor has it that legendarily fearless Captain Mega took one look at her frosty visage before scarpering for safety.
    [​IMG] She continued her pirate activities even after the gods invaded until one day when the commander which she so despised, Mega, came to her requesting her assistance in battle. Right after she showered him with anger the gods began attacking her. Mega rushed to save her but was gravely injured in the process. Seeing this, Stya became angry like she never had before, vanquishing all enemies around her as she said, "A debt must always be repaid."

To evolve Stya from: [​IMG]
    2*>>3* 3 water nymph, 1 water spirit, and 1 mimic (+50k zel)
    3*>>4* 2 water nymph, 1 water spirit, 1 water idol, and 1 bat mimic (+100k zel)
    4*>>5* 1 water nymph, 1 water spirit, 1 water totem, 1 water pot, 1 bat mimic (+200k zel)

Mother Snow Stya Stats
    Her 5* Lord-type stats are:
    HP = 4,253
    ATK = 1,449
    DEF = 1,175
    REC = 1,699

Leader Skills: Fighting Strobe
    Large boost in Battle Crystals produced during Spark
    Brave Burst: Eternal Winter
    10 Combo Water Elemental Attack on Single Enemy & Large Boost to BC Drop Rate
    Fill Rate = 17 BC

Attack Animation

Stya dashes in and starts off with one big hit followed by a series of smaller hits close together. In her 5* form, her hit-count is 12 for both normal and BB attack. Animation is quick, smooth, and easy to spark with. It can't get any better.

Well, it actually could be better. She has decent stats for an early game vortex unit. Stya's HP is a tad slow but if you managed to nab an Anima type her HP would be about 4,872 so with a sphere it would break the benchmark 5k. ATK of 14k is about the median for a 5* unit. DEF, at 1.1k, is too low for comfort making her a bit of an ice cannon (get it? ;)). With a REC of almost 1.7k she has more than enough to fully utilize cures and heals.
    Stya's LS is something of a poor man's choice for a Fel-like LS. A boost in BC is always good but you have to get sparks to see results which makes this LS difficult to use and not worth the effort. Stya will never be used as leader unless you got some really bad luck with RS. Her BB is the same as her normal attack but on steroids. She can easily break 1k damage with the first attack and each of the following attacks deals a few hundred each. And again a boost in BC is always good. Sadly, the BB is single-target only.

Unit Comparison
    I will be comparing Stya with vortex and Rare Summon units that cap out at 5*. Units that are slated to have a 6* form will be excluded.

Mother Snow Stya vs. Ice Knight Sergio
    Stya 5* : 4,253/1,449/1,175/1,699
    Sergio 5* : 5,050/1,424/1,307/1,376

Stya barely wins in ATK, wins in REC by a big gap but loses in HP and DEF. Sergio has a 7-hit combo (8 BB). He attacks in two waves with a slight gap in between. Pretty easy to spark with but not as easy as Stya. Sergio has the better LS that gives +20% ATK to all units. Can be used anytime with any squad. Sergio takes 14 BC while Stya takes 17. Sergio takes the point there although a 3 BC difference isn't that big a deal. The BB between the two is a toss up. Both are single target BB; Stya has the higher hit count and boost to BC but Sergio has a chance of applying a weakness effect. His attacks are also labeled as "powerful" by the game while Stya is just attack. It all comes down to what you want. I pick Stya for the hit count and the fact that the weakness debuff doesn't always apply, most bosses are immune to it while units that can be affect usually can take down easily without it.

Mother Snow Stya vs. Dragon Hero Zephu
    Zephu 5* : 4,971/1,505/1,032/807

Stya loses in HP and ATK but beats Zephu in DEF and REC. A lot of REC. It's practically doubled. The difference in ATK and DEF aren't that big compared to the other two stats. Zephu does have more HP but in a prolonged fight, will have difficulty regaining it. Stya can sustain herself through HC with her REC. Zephu has half the hit count with 5 normal attack and 8 for BB. His saving grace is that his attacks are close together similar to Stya. You just have half the time to spark with. Also like Stya, Zephu's LS requires spark to do increase damaged. Good if you are making a spark team but that would require a specific make-up and good timing. I wouldn't use either as leader. Zephu's BB is the same as Sergio so I pick Stya over Zephu. Zephu requires 16 BC, 1 less than Stya.

Mother Snow Stya vs. Meltia
    Meltia 5* : 4,972/1,164/1,555/1,151

If you don't know who Meltia is, she's the final form of Undine. Meltia beats Stya in HP and DEF. REC is better than Zephu but nothing to Stya. Which is good since Stya will take a lot of damage while Meltia has a nice comfy shield in her DEF. Chillingly, Stya dominated Meltia in offense. Meltia has a 6 hit count attack (I have no idea how she attacks) and only that. She has no BB attack. Instead, requiring 20 BC, her BB boosts DEF and crit rate for 3 turns. Combine with the LS of reduced water damage, Meltia is a pure defensive support unit. Overall, I would pick Stya over Meltia as she is only viable in specific situation.

Mother Snow Stya vs. Gun Goddess Serin
    Serin 5* : 5,400/1,489/1,369/1,442

Stya loses in every stat but REC. Her LS is also more useful than Stya. Stya's high hit-count also gets beat by Serin by 1 hit (4 BB). Sparking wise, Serin is just about as easy as Stya. Take into account that Serin has an AOE BB with injury effect, Serin takes the cake. Only advantage Stya has is that Serin takes 24 BC to fill compared to her 17 BC. I go with Serin here. Stya would have difficulty beating her in a 1v1 fight. Maybe if she attacked first and manages to get a bunch of HC to drop to last long enough to pull off more BB than Serin?

Mother Snow Stya vs. Snow Sibyl Eliza
    Eliza 5* : 4,616/1,464/1,255/1,347

Just like Serin, Stya only wins in REC. Eliza has a better LS that benefits water and dark. She loses in hit count with 7 (9 BB) but her BB wins because it does damage in two element and has a poison effect. I would say her attack animation is similar to that of Sergio's. Eliza takes 30 BC to fill compared to Stya's 17 BC. I would pick ELiza over Stya since her stats are better and her REC isn't too low to worry about. Not to mention her BB outstrips Stya.

If you don't have Stya, it's not too big of a loss. She's good to have when you first start playing the game but easily gets outclassed (depending on how fast you progress). Even though she doesn't have a future in upcoming content, her high hit-count keeps her useful for MP. (Update: Word on the street is that Stya will be getting a 6* evolution. Stay tune for further info.)

Besides, how can you not want her?
    Only registered members can view this content, click here to sign up and view it!

Thanks for reading!!
    Special thanks to kimmy77 for his/her drawing of Stya.

Questions, comments, or anything to add? Feel free to reply.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    Koshchei, Beyond Z, Ascended and 2 others like this.
  2. Callos

Callos Almighty

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    8675309 ;)
    Leader:
    Bam Margera
    Level:
    185+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 3
    Currently Playing:
    DBZ:DB
    *applauds* Nicely done. On the 1v1 with Serin, she has no hope. With no spheres, Stya stays the same, Serin's attack jumps to around 2250 with LS. She would not win the bb race as Serin would generate more BC. Since Stya is alone there's no spark (literally)

3. Brotov

Brotov Almighty

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    King Bastard Jon Snow
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Didn't know Stya was a Lannister :eek:
    Absolutely got no use for her, but I always liked her bewbs character design and back story. Such a badass!
    Nice review!

Eros and rakkety like this.
  4. rakkety

rakkety Seraphim

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Elza
    Level:
    120+
    Hunter Rank:
    I forgot about the LS. Good point.
    Thanks!

Sent from the Pony Express

5. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Thanatos

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Stya is my favorite unit. Nice review!
    I really wish for her to get a decent 6* evolution.
    I mean, the elemental heroes were the first free vortex units and even then they did not have a 5* evolution at first. I really hope that they will be the first in line to get 6* evolutions. They all look badass, but Stya tops them all!!!!:p

rakkety likes this.
  6. Zeldore

Zeldore Bia

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Grah (See Sig for more)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Currently Playing:
    Kingdoms Hearts 2.5, Brave Frontier
    She good for MP. That's it, in my opinion.

7. Priya

Priya The Witch Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Classified
    Leader:
    Shion/Zeru/Regil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Overwatch, Unison League, Valkyrie Connect,
    She's getting a 6* btw <3

rakkety and Beyond Z like this.
  8. CodeB

CodeB

Server:
    Japanese
    Leader:
    Avant/Thunder Dragon/Charla
    Yeah, that surprised me a lot, Alim is really kind to f2p players.

9. Priya

Priya The Witch Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Classified
    Leader:
    Shion/Zeru/Regil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Overwatch, Unison League, Valkyrie Connect,
    Alim went Oprah with 6*. I'm actually really excited with all these new updates.

10. rakkety

rakkety Seraphim

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Elza
    Level:
    120+
    Hunter Rank:
    what really!?!??! when? :eek: Hopefully she gets an AOE SBB.

11. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Thanatos

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    What! When, where? This is great news!:eek:
    I need pictures! God I hope she'll be decent, my favorite unit!:rolleyes:
    I kind doubt it, still a free unit and such, but I'm really crossing my fingers here and am preparing a Sacrificial Lamb:p

12. CodeB

CodeB

Server:
    Japanese
    Leader:
    Avant/Thunder Dragon/Charla
    No illustrations available now unfortunately. They announced 6 star evo for 36 units at once, so it's gonna take awhile for all of them to be implemented. Plus Karl batch 6 star is still in the queue, despite they announced it 2 months ago.

13. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Thanatos

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    jeah I saw the announcement. Can't wait for pictures...and SBB effects. Stya is BC oriented so there is hope for a decent BB spam unit.

Could the dark age of Ziz and Weiss finally be over?
    Why did I have to fuse mine! Oh well only a matter of time till I summon a new Ziz.:p

14. Yepherex

Yepherex Archfiend

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Empyreal Drake Lodin
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    That spoiler caught me off-guard...

[​IMG]

ZYX and rakkety like this.