Need some unit help

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Noctis33, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Noctis33

Noctis33 Juggernaut

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Doombringer Azurai, Ideal Subject Lauda
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 3
    Currently Playing:
    FFXV
    So many current team and other useful units are Leader: Ideal[​IMG] Subject Lauda Omni -Oracle
    Sage God Melord -Omni-Lord
    Fina 7*-Guardian
    Shadow Cat Nyami 7* -Lord
    Glorious Hero Krantz Omni -Anima (need cape)
    Im thinking about putting in Azurai (Omni) and replacing Melord or Replace Fina/Lara. (Not sure tho)
    And im not sure whether to use Lara or Fina
    Other units:
    4* Units- Mifune
    5* Units-Grahdens, Raaga, Claire, Pamela,Colt, Vargas, Quaid
    6* Units- Hadaron, Laberd
    7* Units -Lance, Malef, Lara, Charlotte, Nyami, Azurai, Lyonesse, Layla, Fina
    Omni- Lauda, Krantz, Melord I suck at making squads but at least i know how to tell between a good and bad unit lol

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Melord is providing your BB fill when squad is damaged - replacing him with Azurai would likely require you slot someone else for BB fill when dmg (Quaid or Malef). Otherwise net BB gauge gen will suffer greatly.

Melord also provides def buff relative to atk. Replacing Melord with Azurai means you... can potentially rely on Azurai BB def buff relative to HP, but Azurai's fairly expensive BB costs mean it is hard in practice to rotate his BB and SBB to keep both set of buffs up. See above for BB efficiency issues. Lara does carry def boost relative to rec which can be used if she is in squad.

Fina is in some respects a superior unit to Lara for support effects, but Lara has some stuff you can't get elsewhere, e.g. crit null. This won't matter for most content, but will in some of the newer hard stuff. Plus you specifically want HoT to counter DoT ticks - Lara has HoT, Fina and Krantz don't. It's quite possible that you may want both of them in a build as they don't really overlap, they do different support effects for the most part, plus Fina's def/rec feeds Lara's rec->def meaning the squad doesn't need Melord or Azurai.

With all that said, in your position I'd do:

GENERAL PURPOSE/RAID
    :light:Lauda (Lead) + :light:Krantz, :light:Fina, :light:Lara, :earth:Quaid (SP spark dmg, SP BB fill when dmg)
    - use friend unit for crit if you need it, but crit isn't usually desired in raid anyway
    - if need status ailments for raid RC6, use Malef instead of Quaid and bring spark dmg buff friend (Ensa, Eze, Shura, spark-Ark, Izuna, Sonia, Zero, too many Omnis to really name), or use Ensa-Taya friend and cast Ensa BB.

TRIAL/GGC
    :fire:Azurai (Lead) + :light:Krantz, :light:Fina, :light:Lara, :earth:Quaid

3. Noctis33

Noctis33 Juggernaut

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 3
    Currently Playing:
    FFXV
    Hmm didnt know Quaid was that useful. But switching out Lauda in trials? Wont that hurt my damage, like quite a bit? My Lauda has the highest damage out if everyone. (Just wondering why) And I should just replace Nyami completely?

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    No room. Damage won't help you if your squad can't stay alive. If you can make up some of the necessary buffs from friend unit then Lauda can be slotted in. If friend unit is mitigator (Rain/Hisui/Juno-Seto/etc) can drop Krantz and bring Lauda. If friend unit provides BB fill when squad damaged and potentially spark dmg (Felice/Mariela) can drop Quaid and bring Lauda. If trial does not require HoT to counter DoT ticks and does not require crit null, can drop Lara and bring Lauda.

But if you're aiming to check all the boxes for a fully functional trial/GGC tank squad, you don't actually have any room. Squad as presented isn't even fully 100% trial/GGC functional as it is missing ailment inflict, which itself needs to be gotten from friend slot if it's needed for a particular situation.

Bear in mind I'm talking worst-case, bend-over, the boss is doing horrible things to you with a pointy stick sort of situations. But that's kind of what a Trial/GGC build is.
    Yup.

5. Noctis33

Noctis33 Juggernaut

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 3
    Currently Playing:
    FFXV
    hmm ok i understand now thanks. My team mascot is gonna get the boot ;(. And one more thing, if the gumi gods bless my next summon and i get Rain would he be of any use? (ive been doing a bunch of summon after getting Fina to try and get him with no luck) If hes not then i wont even bother trying for another summon.

6. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Rain is very strong, but doesn't fully solve your squad space issues. Using him as mitigator instead of Krantz or trial/GGC lead instead of Azurai will cover your stat buffs and def stack, thus meaning squad doesn't need Fina/Azurai for stat buffs or Azurai/Lara for stat stack.

However because Rain is not a healer, squad would still require Lara for HoT/crit null at the very least, and then Fina for status cleanse at the minimum since neither Rain nor Lara do that. Quaid's still required - so at most this buys you a space for Lauda or something else.

Really the chief issue for your squad building is lack of status cleanse, HoT and crit/debuff null options.

7. Noctis33

Noctis33 Juggernaut

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 3
    Currently Playing:
    FFXV
    Ok so even if i did get him it wouldnt help me much. But cant i solve the problem of status cleanse with spheres? or remedies? hmm but yhen again id rather have a more useful 2nd sphere and something more useful than remedy... I guess ill just wait and see if Laswell or Lid can solve my problem. (still kinda want rain cuz hes cool af lmao) Anyways thanks for the help! Thankfully Azurai is already leveled up, only one who will need work is Quiad.

8. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    I think you answered your own question there. :p

A more hypothetical optimised setup would be, I dunno, for raid - Lauda (Lead) + Rain, Fina, Holia, Quaid, with Fina actually being optional once Holia's in there... or... say, Lauda (Lead) + Rain, Fina, Elza, Zelnite (or Malef/Atro, any BB fill when dmg unit), something like that, and so on, so forth.

9. Noctis33

Noctis33 Juggernaut

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 3
    Currently Playing:
    FFXV
    :lol: Guess i did. I heard Laswell and Lid will come out after the maintenance? If so then my hopes and dreams of getting Rain will be gone forever :(

10. Noctis33

Noctis33 Juggernaut

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 3
    Currently Playing:
    FFXV
    I think ill just save up gems and wait patiently for the next omni summon event and hopefully get some good ones. Ive never even heard or Holia! Thought i knew all the omnis haha

: help