Negativity & Mindless Gumi Bashing

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Josh, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Josh

Josh Lantern Administrator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Dark Legend Magress
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy XIV
    Hi all, you've probably noticed but there's a lot of negative opinions been thrown around lately regarding Gumi and their management of Brave Frontier.

I understand how frustrating it is that Gumi haven't released any "real" content for the past few months. Really, I do. I've been running the Zurg map over and over again for no reason other than leveling up and I agree, it would be nice to Raid battle and Grand Quest - that doesn't mean I come on the forums and unleash all my rage. This isn't the place for doing so.

I like to believe that over the past 10 months we've built a positive community here, and I feel that all these negative threads are threatening the harmony of the community we've built. I'm not saying don't express your opinions on Brave Frontier or Gumi, it's not against the rules - but please, before you make a post take a moment to think - is this really contributing to anything to the forum or am I just ranting and promoting negativity?

If you make a thread or post saying that you're not happy with the game or hope that Raid will be released, your thread is going to go untouched by the moderating team. However, if you intentionally derail a thread and start outright slating Gumi in an offensive way your post will be removed and you will be warned.

I hope you understand this and can appreciate why something has to be done with future posts.

2. Moligan

Moligan Celestial

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arena: Zurg pissing me off, back to Elza!!!
    Level:
    I blame Obama.

Jastan likes this.
  3. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    THANKS OBAMA

Seriously though, I agree entirely with Josh. The back-and-forth of Gumi hate, then people bitching endlessly about anyone who dislikes Gumi, then more Gumi hate... it's just a downwards spiral that doesn't do anything for the forum or the community. We can get by without all the negativity, without the vague group insults.

4. Virgilio Bautista

Virgilio Bautista Tajsna27

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Erza
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier
    There has been a lot of hate the past few months! It's starting to feel like Face Book on the forum....sigh....

5. Nagrarok

Nagrarok Sage

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Death God Shida ,Master Assassin Kuda, Colossal Tridon, Mad God Narza, Crusher God Uda
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I completely feel like this should be reminded in chatbox as well: you can't talk about anything without it derailing to "this unit/vortex sucks, Gumi doesn't give us shit and everything is wrong, yada yada" and feels indeed like BF FB.

Some users use this place to vent frustration from not having anything to do and forget that not everyone is capped or finished content, and often lowbies get bashed with things like "Trials/GGC/Everything is easy" "This unit sucks, that one too" "Fuck this, I want raid".

I expect that things cool down, I've been forced to ignore quite a number of users because of how negative they are when speaking about everything around them...

6. Eiris

Eiris Goddess Admin Administrator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level 500 Oracle Goddess
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Well said, Josh. I think this was completely necessary. This forum should be a positive space. If people feel the need to constantly bash/complain/whine to the point where they are derailing other people's threads, then they can kindly take it to Facebook or Twitter. It's not that you're not allowed to complain, it's that when it's to the point that the only thing you're doing is complaining, it just brings everyone else down. The point of this forum is to help out other members, not bring negativity to them.

RainyRai and Khaotil like this.
  7. Jaxon

Jaxon Nomos

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ophiuchus
    Level:
    3xx
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Josh. You're my hero. <3

8. Josh

Josh Lantern Administrator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Dark Legend Magress
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy XIV
    I'm happy to see a lot of support on this, I expected a backlash.

9. Khaotil

Khaotil EU Guardian Moderator

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Heinrich 7* - Herald of Yggdrasil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Almost the same words I used almost 2 weeks ago concerning the EU forum; I'm glad to see we're on the same wavelength ^^

10. Toludude

Toludude Warlord

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Raaga, Kira, Elza etc
    Level:
    160+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 3
    Currently Playing:
    Super Smash Bros 4, Splatoon
    Thank you, tired of children screaming at Gumi from somewhere the company can't even hear them. Like really, let Gibbon make his mistakes without starting an uproar.

Virgilio Bautista likes this.
  11. TheFinalPhase

TheFinalPhase Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Lmao who knows anymore
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Overwatch
    #gumipls

Thanks for clearing this up. I feel that Gumi tries their best but players demand too much too quickly thanks to JP server being far ahead.

12. Moligan

Moligan Celestial

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arena: Zurg pissing me off, back to Elza!!!
    Level:
    I was getting my popcorn made expecting this...:(

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Seraphim

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Selena/Maxwell/Elza
    Level:
    180+
    Well i dont want to disappoint you so here is some backlash, ahem... I disrespectfully disagree. Ha

14. Glenowan

Glenowan Hero

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Empyreal Drake Lodin, Grahdens, Felneus
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I'll admit I'm guilty of such rants and agree that my actions (along with a few others) might have not been good to look at.
    Thanks for the reminder, it'll help keep us on track.

15. Winter

Winter Seraphim

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ruby, Zenia, Edea, Ultor, Tridon, Deimos, 7* etc
    Level:
    To Infinity and Beyond
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier and Clash of Clans
    image.jpg Well dang Obama clash of clans wasn't the only place you struck. Curses. I admit being somewhat guilty.

Sky Emperor Grafl and Diviniel like this.
  16. Kereler

Kereler Crusader

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite (B)
    Level:
    200+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    BF, osu!, CS:GO, Injustice
    I got raided by God and Jesus in a 12 hour period once. I don't think Christianity likes me very much.

17. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    THANKS OBAMA

Winter likes this.
  18. Toludude

Toludude Warlord

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Raaga, Kira, Elza etc
    Level:
    160+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 3
    Currently Playing:
    Super Smash Bros 4, Splatoon
    [​IMG]

KoenDeDrummer likes this.
  19. Ninja

Ninja Bia

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    bored deer
    Level:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Terraria, Enter the Gungeon, Smash, Borderlands
    Although I do wish new content would be released, the reaction that many players have towards Gumi and how they run the game is grossly uncalled for. Of course, comparing Gumi to Alim isn't really a contest, but comparing Gumi and Global BF to similar games on a global scale is far more favorable towards Gumi. A lot of mobile games that would compete with Global BF are more poorly run, FAR more greedy, with more server issues and less thought for their player base. The problem is that Global players see JPBF, and then feel slighted since they are far ahead of Global. But on its own, Global BF is comparatively better than much of the competition. Note that I am not in any way saying that Global is perfect, far from it. But Gumi doesn't deserve all of the hate that they get from players.

When I joined the forums back in August, it was full of helpful people analyzing the game, giving advice to less experienced players, and civil discussion of topics. But recently, as @Josh pointed out, it really has been much more negative. If one even MENTIONs some things, a thread will instantly derail into bashing the idea and often the person who proposed it (looking at you, trade threads). While that specific topic has been discussed to death, there is no reason to be so hostile to someone who hasn't seen it discussed before. Just calmly explain it. Heck, keep a premade response and just copy and paste it if you want-- just don't bash newer or less active members because they bring up a topic that you're tired of. Same goes for less optimal units, or Raid, or whatever-- there is absolutely no reason to be so vitriolic.

tl;dr OBAMA IS WHY RAID HASN--

*ahem*

I meant to say that we should all try to be less hostile towards Gumi, lowbies, or whomever.

Kudos to @Josh for pointing it out.

RainyRai likes this.
  20. Chrono

Chrono Diablo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    rich theif guy, dragon mom, angry old fire man
    Level:
    220ish
    Hunter Rank: