new to the game, please help

Discussion in 'Phantom of the Kill' started by WontonF, Aug 20, 2016.

1. WontonF

WontonF

Leader:
    hi
    hi everyone, so after a couple of months of depression from gumi dropping chain chronicle, I finally decided to pick up potk yesterday. I rerolled and stopped on my first 5* which was yata no kagami. Are there any tips for what party I should make? These are the units I have so far.
    [​IMG]

I read the beginner's thread and right now I'm finishing up lessons from a goddess for a better healer, is there anything else I can do? Thanks

2. Kyrian

Kyrian Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Ark/Azurai
    Level:
    560+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, FFBE
    Welcome, fellow GCC refugee! :D I can relate; I was sad too when GCC closed. I've moved onto BF now but I still play POTK on the side. As for your team...

If you're looking for a strong start, I'd recommend that you reroll. You don't have any strong lazuli sword/axe/lance units or a 5* mage healer that will really help carry you through the game (besides Longinus; Laeva is also decent but as a starter, her stat caps are pretty low). Contrary to what you might expect, good rerolls in POTK aren't necessarily units of a higher rarity but which will be useful in clearing content. Yata is good as a damage dealer, but since he uses his health to attack, you either must field a decent healer to keep him topped up or use a lot of HP potions to heal him through his shooting sprees. Not ideal for autoing stuff.

STILL, if you're determined to keep this account, I recommend you raise and limit break that Asclepius at 4* evo so you have a decent starting healer. After that, when you auto, watch the game like a hawk and make sure that Yata doesn't wander too far from Asclepius, or that Asclepius doesn't get herself killed while healing Yata. As for other units, you can shove both of the male and female Longinus' in the squad together. After that, it's up to you if you want to take Masamune-on-a-Phoenix or female Laevatienn for the last slot.

3. WontonF

WontonF

Leader:
    hi
    Thanks for the help! I plan on rerolling for a melee starter, but I'm just curious, after doing the tutorial I get 6 lazuli so where do I get 4 more lazuli to do the 10 pull? On this original account I just pulled for one, but I was wondering if I could pull 10 instead real fast.

4. Kyrian

Kyrian Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Ark/Azurai
    Level:
    560+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, FFBE
    Do the story quests. Fastest way to get Lazuli.

5. WontonF

WontonF

Leader:
    hi
    so I started again and this time I got mitum in the first 10. I did the first 20 pulls already and the only other notable unit I got was guard durandal 4* silver. Is it still worth powering her up? It feels like she's really weak.

6. Kyrian

Kyrian Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Ark/Azurai
    Level:
    560+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, FFBE
    Durandal is a strong starter and more newbie-friendly than Yata, but I can't tell if your Mitum is 5* capable without looking at his/her portrait. Durandal is good though, so this account is a step up from your last one. (y) She'll get stronger as you max her out and give her better weapons. Good unit for auto-ing story due to her self-heal and flight.

7. WontonF

WontonF

Leader:
    hi
    Here are the portraits of durandal and mitum
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Kyrian

Kyrian Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Ark/Azurai
    Level:
    560+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, FFBE
    Yup! Both 5*!

Congratulations. :D Yeah, you're pretty much set for blazing through the main story. It's up to you if you want to keep this account, but I think that you'll be fine. You have two really good units so you're set PvE-wise.

9. WontonF

WontonF

Leader:
    hi
    Thanks for the help! I've been having trouble with archers because they deal so much damage. Am I doing something wrong? Whenever there are a group of archers I just see all of my units dying lol

10. Kyrian

Kyrian Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Ark/Azurai
    Level:
    560+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, FFBE
    Nah, archers naturally deal more damage to flying units. You're supposed to mop up the archers with land-bound units or invest in your flyers to the point where they can dodge the arrows.

11. WontonF

WontonF

Leader:
    hi
    Thanks for all the help! However, I feel like Durandal is pitifully weak. Even at level 34 she only has patk of 26, and it always feels like her attacks are only tickling the enemy. Did I just get unlucky with her growth type or does she always start like this?

12. Jimfear83

Jimfear83 Slumber God

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Durandal's biggest selling point is high evasion rates and accuracy. She's not meant to take hits - quite the opposite in fact. Keep leveling her.