Noob need help

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by xxkrazyxx, Sep 9, 2017.

1. xxkrazyxx

xxkrazyxx Champion

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Sage God Melord
    Level:
    No idea which units too use for most things. I've been running OE Melord OE Zero Rengaku and Daze.
    I have:
    OE Melord
    OE Zero
    Melord
    Rengaku
    Shura
    Stein
    Mariela
    Daze x2
    Serge
    Baro
    Jireid
    Zekt
    Solos
    Kalon
    Sonia
    Charlotte
    Vargas
    Feeva
    Zeal

And just pulled Arsom and Dirk Reid as I wrote this xD

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    Current squad doesn't meet basic requirements for survival in most harder content. No 50% dmg reduction/mitigation unit (basically the tank role in this game) and no healing aside from Zero heal/spark (which probably isn't enough, need a real healer).

Melord and Zero are okay, but Daze and Rengaku should not be fielded as you have superior alternatives.

MAIN SQUAD (change leader depending on what you're doing)
    :water:Arsom, :water:Mariela (Arsom/Mariela lead) + :light:Solos, :dark:Feeva, (last slot depends)

- Arsom lead for raid, quest, etc as it combines spark dmg buff and stat buffs with some damage reduction/mitigation (stacking with Solos BB/SBB dmg reduction)
    - alternatively Mariela lead for harder boss fights like trial or GGC for a more reliably activating dmg reduction lead
    - ideally use Regil or Lukroar friend
    - you may want to SP either Arsom or Feeva for spark dmg buff (in the event Regil or Lukroar friend is not available). Also SP either Arsom or Feeva for sparks fill BB gauge. Arsom can take both spark dmg and sparks fill BB gauge SP in one build, on Feeva it isn't really viable
    - Mariela must be SP'd for status ailment removal and burst heal, for obvious reasons
    - Solos for 50% dmg reduction/mitigation, also BB fill when squad is damaged and def relative to other stat (stacking with Feeva)
    - Feeva for atk/def/rec stat buff. It is technically possible to use Daze for atk/def/rec+spark dmg but Daze is one of those units who should NOT be used if at all possible, as her animation/hit count is awful for spark count, and a squad with sparks fill BB gauge buffs (which is all squads these days) wants sparks
    - last slot is tricky, ideally you want a heal over three turns here, but at a glance I do not see any units for this...maybe take Dirk Rezo or something

3. xxkrazyxx

xxkrazyxx Champion

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Sage God Melord
    Level:
    Thank you much! Played for like a year On and off and never had any real clue what I was doing as far as squad building lol

4. xxkrazyxx

xxkrazyxx Champion

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Sage God Melord
    Level:
    I just pulled nimune. Would she work for the 3 turns heal with her bb?

5. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    No, though Nimune is okay and worth slotting if there's nothing else higher priority for the slot. She's not super ultra amazing, but she does have useful stuff like rez (which is very rare), and various heal effects (burst heal, heal when squad is damaged). But Nimune doesn't have heal over three turns (heal over time, HoT). Her BB does chance of heal when squad is damaged, different effect. Useful effect, but not the same one.

Basically the reason why heal over three turns is considered a standard item to include in a squad is that...we went through a period of time in this game's development where the devs, for whatever reason, kept releasing bosses with damage over time (DoT) effects. At one point you could essentially assume that every boss would have DoT. Now, the thing with DoT is that the damage ticks after your squad has moved for a turn, before the enemy takes the next turn. Therefore if you use standard heals, this happens - (you heal on your turn) -> (damage over time ticks, so your squad's below 100% HP again) -> (boss attacks). You go into a boss attack phase without full HP, basically. The best way to counter this is HoT, because the HoT ticks after the DoT does. It's not strictly necessary to have this, a strong enough squad can just ignore the DoT...but that's the reason.