Normal arena questions

Discussion in 'PVP Modes' started by Zaegar, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Zaegar

Zaegar Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    245xx55135
    Leader:
    Shion, Zeis, Cleria
    Level:
    So far yet so near
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FFXIV-heavensward - 7K
    Okok we all know is Easy as hell but bear with me a sec
    Lately, with the advent of oe meta, my team cannot otk anymore, making matches longer
    (For info, my team is rahagan lead, avant oe, eze oe, selena oe, used to be lance oe but switched to Mizerka)

Someone wasn't able to kill the opponent, even if it was a 6* (ugh)
    That's pretty strange so i come to ask myself...maybe i did something wrong
    I'm sure eze and avant does otk (avant has blighted seal too lol)

Should i change lead? Are there better leads? I know avani is on pair/slightly better but miss her butt

And another doubt someone instilled in me
    Does rahagan ls work with Spheres that boost stats for x turns?
    Cuz he has thunder Pearl so if it doesn't work is bs lol

Virgilio Bautista likes this.
  2. Mischievous

Mischievous Cherubium

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Anna Kendrick
    Level:
    (。-`ω´-)
    Mizerka + 4 mifune is all you need, fam

Virgilio Bautista and Tonst3r like this.
  3. Zaegar

Zaegar Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    245xx55135
    Leader:
    Shion, Zeis, Cleria
    Level:
    So far yet so near
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FFXIV-heavensward - 7K
    Not have even One oe mifune, nor planning to getting him tho lol
    Just saying, is a mono (with 6 hero oe lead) better than a rahagan team?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    A Mizerka team with six Mifunes is better than anything else. @Mischievous already gave you the answer. If you want to be a hipster and reject the mainstream glorious Nippon samurai culture, that's fine, but you need to accept that you're now in line for organic fairtrade ethical coffee from a family-owned hole-in-the-wall rather than round the corner at Dunkin' Donuts. Don't expect the same economy or profit margin.

Rahgan or other normal hit increase leaders may or may not be more effective than an arena lead which simply boosts raw atk stat. It depends on the spheres involved. Basically the ideal situation is to have both normal hit increase and massive atk boost from lead skill plus spheres. Depending on your spheres, it may make more sense to get the hit count from lead, it may make more sense to get atk from lead.

Mizerka's a slightly different situation since she adds the AOE normals effect in the mix; this typically means you'd want Mizerka instead of any pure atk boost mono lead, it drastically increases the chances of you getting a first turn wipe with normals alone.

Rahgan works with Thunder Pearl and other turn-based atk boost spheres. The stuff that clashes with turn-based atk spheres are lead skills like Terry Bogard, Kiravel, Lugina and so on - the atk boost from the lead skill in that situation doesn't stack, the lead skill boost is also a turn-based effect.

Virgilio Bautista, Zaegar and Eleiryn like this.
  5. Zaegar

Zaegar Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    245xx55135
    Leader:
    Shion, Zeis, Cleria
    Level:
    So far yet so near
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FFXIV-heavensward - 7K
    I cannot afford to get 4 oe mifune + the One i already use for colo conqueror
    I would need to lock like 8 units slots for mifune, which is imo troubling
    And what's more... 4 legend stone? 32000 mp? Dafq i cannot afford it

Ok, here u almost convinced me to never do it lol
    Boo mainstream xD

Edit

Ok got 2 free legend Stones from the collab so... I'll think about it xD

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  6. Mischievous

Mischievous Cherubium

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Anna Kendrick
    Level:
    (。-`ω´-)
    It's not that you can't afford it, it's that you don't want to. Mifune has other uses besides Arena/Colo. Noteable examples include Imp Parade and Karma Dungeon speed runs. Having 4 Mifunes is invaluable, but not like it matters. You don't seem to receive advice well.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  7. Zaegar

Zaegar Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    245xx55135
    Leader:
    Shion, Zeis, Cleria
    Level:
    So far yet so near
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FFXIV-heavensward - 7K
    No, really i have less than 15k mp lol
    I meant it like it sounds, i cannot afford it
    But when i saw two l Stones were given out i started farming for him
    And sadly, i don't run imp parades nor karma dungeon (well, that till SKD isn't back tho)
    But two mifune are affordable, 8 aren't (4 for normal arena 4 for conqueror colo)
    I don't have enough space for eight mifunes , nor i want to have it
    I repeat, i'll take on the advice of mizerka+ mifune build and instead of 4 mifune i'll use 2 mifune avant/selena and eze
    That should suffice

8. Tonst3r

Tonst3r Phanes

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Krantz, Kulyuk, Zeruiah (Zeru sphere'd for Params)
    Level:
    260+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, Overwatch (Xbox), SoulHunters/StarWars-GoH
    Honestly I'm in the process of mifune farming myself for this nonsense.
    I never lose normal Arena but i've always done 2-3 kills T1 then everyone survives easily and wins T2. Obviously this is the "easy" route compared to specific comp w/ arena spheres...but at one point I was at 1200+ win streak doing 2TK.

Quest repeat makes the farming easy and you finish any quest missions in the process to help with the MP for stones...plus like you said we just got 2 free SOOOOOOOooooooo

GL, I'm farming with ya ;D

Btw, I don't think anyone really implied to get 8... just the 4 for your team that you asked for help with in the thread title ;P

9. Varthftw

Varthftw Cycle Cutter

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Meta
    Level:
    700+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Battle.net games and Brave frontier
    Dont really have any way to build a arena team for you without having a squad list, so unable to help you besides suggesting what is the strongest. Just go with + 1 hit count leaders/ high atk leads and people with es. You mentioned rahgan, so rahgan + zelnite + selena + any other +1 hit count units. General items like thunder pearl + spheres like shiny anklet are good.

Virgilio Bautista and Tonst3r like this.
  10. Yilun

Yilun Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    All Meta Units
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    It's simple. As someone who has played an incredibly large amount of salt colo, take my word - forget about conqueror and just upgrade your existing Mifunes to OE. Even if you lose a bit more in Hero, when double CBP comes around, you will gain points in Hero class ALOT faster compared to conqueror, even amidst an increase amount of losses. Trying to intentionally hold your roster back so that you can qualify for the kiddy pool is just holding you back altogether it seems. Mifune OEs can also be useful like others have said in content such as parade farming, normal arena, and possibly FG/FH as well. Also, it makes Monday Karma Dungeon farming extremely fast. And next time Super Karma comes around, you can farm level 4 in under 2 minutes flat with Mifunes. They are just overall useful when you need to speed/power through shit and not worry about anything else.

11. Death666

Death666 Emperor

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    There are several possibility's on why you couldn't take down the unit in one turn LS might be one of them using leads like lugina or terry spheres that boost def or chance of decreasing damage your units are not imp out lack of offensive spheres etc... everyone is trying out different teams and strategies so your team setup might be good against certain teams wile other teams will hold there ground so honestly I can't say exactly why your team didn't kill the unit but there's always lots to think about when trying to form a "perfect team" for colo

BF id# 9189550498
    Guild Name: knight66