Optimizing a squad for Vortex Parades

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brian Szotak, May 9, 2018.

1. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    I think its time I built a squad to get the maximum repetition out of the 30 minute window that each parade provides. I'm shooting for 90% efficiency, and minimal investment to get the squad put together.

So basically, I'd like to build from what I already have that is relatively close to Omni.

I have three Zekuus and two Mifunes that are.. part of the way there. As far as I understand it, these two units are probably the best two units for Parade spamming because they have some of the quickest attack times in the game for both normal attacks and bb/sbb.

So my plan is to build up those five units so they can quickly spam Parades and get the most in within the 30 minute window.

I have some questions:
    1) are there any units with quicker attack times that I am missing?
    2) is it necessary to max imp these units?
    3) any necessary sp enhancements?
    4) how good do the spheres have to be, really

I know they both have sp enhancements for normal attacks hit all foes, which would be useful for imp parade. But is it necessary?

2. Yoshino

Yoshino Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Who ever I feel like
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    PoK (JP) ID is 526828949
    you can stick attack/ def ignore spheres on them and it should be good. dont even need to bb/ss if you have the def ignore spheres

3. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    what is 'ss'?

4. Yoshino

Yoshino Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Who ever I feel like
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    PoK (JP) ID is 526828949
    it was meant to be sbb lol

5. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    Simplest answer is just 1 Mifune with Daltisk and a sacrilege orb or something, can easily oneshot metal parades

Can do the same for imp parades tho I don't think they 1 hit altons so having an extra milfune or two around can help with that

jewel parades are kind of a joke difficulty wise so idk if there's much else you need

---

In terms of quicker attack times, 3* slimes win by a few frames but do far too little damage to be useful anywhere but summoner lab (where they are the unabashed best for labs that don't have metal gods, ex. sp lab 3, and only need a Sacrilege Orb to iBB)

---

If you don't have access to Daltisk, you can try to roid out another Mifune as close to iBB as possible but without that turn 1 nuke I don't think it's easy/doable to reliably oneshot round 1 of metal parades if a crystal spawns. Should be pretty safe after that though. Just toss on Karzn's for imp parades for fastest clears/more EWD vs altons and you'll be fine there.

Brimstone Emperor likes this.
  6. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    Nah I don't have access to the sphere. I've been stalling on optimizing a squad tho lol

7. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    Report for those more newbish than me:
    I have a squad of an Omni Zekuu and Omni Mifune, Maxed Imps. Just a few select SP Enhancements. I use as a leader Roglizer, for the XP and attack Buff. Spheres are.. not amazing. These two are able to ohko consistently in MJP. Thanks to quick attack times, I am able to get 24 MJP runs in on a single half hour block. This is nearly double what I used to get (14-15).

Note that anyone who wants to emulate this strategy should make sure that their leader (zelnite, roglizer, bjorn), is set to GUARD.

8. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkstalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    Adding Baiken to the squad with EX skill passive def ignoring effect for all allies, was able to do about 30 runs of metal parade in a half hour block. New guild I'm in gives a 55% xp bonus, but the amount of runs I did got me about 390k xp altogether.