General Guide Returning Player, few questions.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Aethersteel, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Aethersteel

Aethersteel

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Griel
    Ok so some questions. I played for a year and a half (til september 2015) and stopped around when micheles 7 star batch got released. Came back to the game now and i was a bit overwhelm with all the QoL changes and amasses of units. I am glad most of the units i was using got 7 stars evos though and i guess that makes things easier, as i only researched all the star 7 evos from old batches (ie. Most of the ones i had) and ignored the released ones in RS as i wasnt banking on summoning them just yet.
    So few questions:
    - What are these extra abilities under extra skills that i see high leveled units use that give different abilities and stats bonuses?
    - Are these items that increase exp, drop rate, and gold in the last page of the exchange hall and how do you (where can) you use them. Are they worth it.
    -Squad help! Having trouble seeing the priority i should give each unit especially since i dont know what power creeps over what (ex. I heard melchio is for those that arent rocking aurelia so i should prioritize aurelia first). Here are my units that have 7 star access rn. Since teams are very specific, i would say for Raid, FH, and FG. (If you do Arena too you MVP but you dont have too.
    Current 7 Stars:
    Vargas
    Lava
    Ronel/Griel
    Arus
    Selena
    Oguro
    Will
    Alice
    Aaron
    Rize
    Oulu/Zeldeus

Current 6 Stars w/ 7 evo:
    Darvanshel
    Tazer
    Lance
    Ophelia
    Zelnite x2
    Eze
    Grybe
    Exvehl
    Orna
    Shera
    Atro
    Sefia
    Melchio
    Lilith
    Sodis
    Alyut
    Shiida
    Lunaris
    Elza x2
    Kuda
    Ultor
    Semira
    Vargas
    Volarda
    Magress

4-5stars with 7star units:
    Kajah
    Aurelia
    Gradhens
    Luly
    Elaina
    Tridon
    Michele
    Fei
    Sefia
    Karl
    Paris
    Lugina
    Dure (sooo....i had 5 gems from achievements a drew him. Idk if his 7 star any good(n))
    Mifune
    Kuda
    - Any guilds i can join for Exp bonus? ;)

2. Blaze1

Blaze1 Bia

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Krantz, oh so mighty
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Okay, time to explains everything going on.
    Let's go with your first question:

-What's that extra skill below the extra skill?
    Well, Gumi has updated a new meta that allows us to have another extra skill, and it was mainly called Elgif. They're mostly from Vortex Dungeon(Very low chances), summoning a rare units(Like, get one Elgif for each 2 or 4 summons, but you'll see them sided with the rare summon description. And they help mostly all of us endure a difficulty things such as Avant Grand Chronicle. And they can be used for any units, even 1* unit, but that's wortless, as you want the elgif into your rare units such as Melord, etc. And if you give the elgif wrongly, you can use a (removed extra skill) elgif, which is called Emgif. They all always comes from Akras's Summoner or whatever in where you see Seria. They cost like, 8000 merit points, which is a lot expensive, so I would recommended be wise to give a elgif to a specific unit, and in population of elgifs, the boost stat(+20% boost to all parameter, etc. 50% boost to HP is good.) is the best among there is to it.

-Are these items that increase exp, drop rate, and gold in the last page of the exchange hall and how do you (where can) you use them. Are they worth it?
    Yes. Very well worth it. They can help boost your EXP during Karma day(Monday), and also, we have 2 EXP Boost LS today, and both of them are Zelnite and Zeruiah, but since Zeriuah is a limit timer unit, your only choice is Zelnite. Make him a 7*.
    For Drop Rate Boost, they are ONLY, ONLY used in Raid, and is mostly useful, because the boss in RC6 has rare materials that is required to created a sphere(Beiorg's Armor, etc.), and yeah, they help better.
    By the way, there is no Zel Boost Item, just Drop rate(1st is x1.5%, 2nd is x2%) and EXP Boost(1st is x1.5%, 2nd is x2%).

-Squad help! Having trouble seeing the priority i should give each unit especially since i dont know what power creeps over what (ex. I heard melchio is for those that arent rocking aurelia so i should prioritize aurelia first). Here are my units that have 7 star access rn. Since teams are very specific, i would say for Raid, FH, and FG. (If you do Arena too you MVP but you dont have too.)
    Well, 7* are no longer useful anymore to do expert/veteran player(I'm a veteran player), and new era has come, and that's Omni. Gumi has released a lot of things that we loves to use, or something like that.
    So, for units that can be evolved into Omni
    -Vargas (He's okay, but most people don't use him that much)
    -Lava (Not today, but after a month or 2)
    -Selena (No longer OP meta in Arena, but much better)
    -Alice (She's good, though.)
    -Rize (Not now, but her Omni is coming soon. She's one of the best nuker in the game right now.)
    -Lance (He's a lot useful, but still people don't use him that much, but he's great on Arena because of his ES and Status Ailments on his SP)
    -Zelnite (Now now, but his Omni will be coming soon, at the same time as Rize, and is gonna be very useful with BB on hit, etc.)
    -Eze (He's a lot better and stronger than all Starter Omni now, and is viable throughout game's contest except for Arena.)
    -Atro (He's very BB. He has healing, bb on hit, and a lot of adding effects and enchancing on his SP)
    -Elza (She's much better than her 7*. She has Spark buff, HoT, BB/turns, Status Ailments stuff too.)
    -Magress (He now have 2 turns mitigation, which makes him very useful.)
    -Tridon (He have an Omni coming up, but it wasn't announced yet, so we don't know for sure.)
    -Mifune (He's already the game's best unit for Arena, as he can bypass Angel Idol such as Selena, etc., and is the most deadly unit in Arena. Can one shot kill ALL units in one turn.

Now, you must summon a lot of units this time, hoping to get a 7* unit. If you get a 7* unit, that unit has Omni, so yea. Anyway, today, types doesn't matter anymore thanks to Elgif, and Oracle isn't all so bad because the higher the recovery, the better recovering to your units by HC. And this time, some of your units may be better for the next era, the Summoner Arc, the third arc, after the defeat of Karna Masta's body. You can ask me about it, but for now, let's focus on those squad.

Raid
    L: You would perferably use BB ATK or Spark because that will do much better.
    Sub: Mitigation
    Status Ailment Infliction
    Status Ailment Cleaner
    Healer
    Single Target Attacker(Like, fill own BB to max)
    BB ATK boost
    Spark stuff
    I recommended not to bring a crit buffer unit because they kill the main too fast and the game is done, and you get no rare materials. Something like that.

FH
    I recommended to have Eze ready as Omni, Mifune, Shida, Crit buff unit, and maybe bb filler in case the squad cant get enough BB

FG
    Requires Survival. So, dont do it, yet. First, summon more units. expand your unit capacity

Arena
    I'm so sorry, but your unit is now rekt'd. Because of Mifune, Avani, some LS.
    Anyway, I recommended to raise your mifune to max, buy him a AoE normal attack + 50% boost ATK + whatever. And also, recommended to farm Mifune if you want to win more in Arena. Selena is okay to use in Arena, though.

Anyway, you can ask me any question now. And I'll answer them all by tomorrow, because my bed time is coming to a close, which sucks, so, feel free to ask me any question.

Supremacy, ItchyMan and Aethersteel like this.
  3. Blaze1

Blaze1 Bia

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Krantz, oh so mighty
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Those are all of your units available. There's a lot if units having an Omni Evo. So yeah, I recommended you to get more units.

ItchyMan and Aethersteel like this.
  4. Aethersteel

Aethersteel

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Griel
    Wow you are amazing, answered everything really well. So pretty much my next goal is to upgrade my unit pool and get the units i have into omni range and prep. Sounds good, though it really mind blowing that i missed a whole 7 star meta :lol:, guess that what a year break will do to you. Yeah ill make sure if i have any questions, to ask but i cant really think of any rn.

5. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    @Blaze1 has done a fantastic job of answering all your questions.

With that said, there might be questions you didn't ask because you didn't think to ask. Unknown unknowns and all that. Kyrian has written an up-to-date guide regarding squad building, with some FAQs. It is worth looking at if you are returning to the game, since it would be the most comprehensive current guide available.

http://www.bravefrontierforum.net/threads/squad-making-guide-faq.74912/

I recommend you open that on a PC or tablet rather than phone since Ky embedded a google spreadsheet towards the end.

Also, the next big game update will be Summoner Mode, which is a new story arc ... and really a full different gameplay mode. You get an avatar representing your summoner character, which is customisable. The summoner fights in-game. But initially our ability to use units is limited, and must be levelled/ground up. For initial release you are therefore looking at intentionally leaving a unit or three at 5* for Summoner Mode party use, since 5* max is what you can slot to begin with. So, ironically, that 4-5* list of unevolved units you posted is... actually very important.

Aethersteel likes this.