Returning player needs help building a squad with "old" units

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Kratos5, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Kratos5

Kratos5 Doombearer

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Haven't played BF in about 1.5 years. Completely forgot how the game works tbh and I don't remember which units are "good" or w/e. I need a "nuke"/high damage squad but idk which units I should use. Would really appreciate it if someone helped me out here(maybe even tell me which units i should evolve, i see that theres 8* units now). Thanks in advance
    Heres a picture with all of my current guys: https://puu.sh/z0FBz/129238d773.jpg (You can zoom by pressing on the picture)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. Temperr

Temperr Ascended

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Tekken 7, Dark souls, Brave frontier
    Would like to help you but not sure if my opinion is right or not, good luck. ( you have Some units that are really good tho)

3. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    What you call 8* is officially Omni Evolution (Omni, OE, or Dream Evo, Dream, DE in JP and EU). Concentrate on your units who have Omni Evo available or confirmed coming to Global. You have quite a lot of these, so you are in pretty good shape for a returning player. This is absolutely fine. This is good.

Bear in mind that a nuke/high damage squad is now much more limited in what it can do. Maybe when you played, a nuke squad could kill anything. That used to be the case. Can't nuke kill newer/harder content now, and for things like regular (non-Guild) raid, using crit will fuck up your sphere mat drops vs. a lot of bosses.

Players should absolutely have at least one nuke squad, but it can't be used for everything.

Omni units can be customised with enhancements, purchased with SP. Notes on SP below.

OMNIS:
    :fire:Avant x2, Adel, Griff, Vargas, Michele x2, Lava, Claire, Arus, :water:Elimo, Selena, Savia x2, Signas, Tazer, Colt, Medina x2, :earth:Ragshelm (evos to Ragzbyul), Quaid, Dion, Libera, :thunder:Eze x2, Rayla, Rhoa, :light:Lilith, Sefia, Carrol, Zellha, Atro, :dark:Mifune x2, Shida x2, Kikuri, Zephyr, Duel-SGX, Lilly Matah, Magress

NUKE SQUAD (for Frontier Hunter/Crit/etc)
    :fire:Avant (Lead) + :fire:Michele, :fire:Lava (or Savia/Rhoa/Medina), :thunder:Eze, :thunder:Eze
    or :fire:Avant (Lead) + :dark:Shida (SP sparks fill gauge), :dark:Duel-SGX (or Signas/Colt/Griff/Zellha/etc), :thunder:Eze, :thunder:Eze

- Michele used for crit rate/dmg + elements, Lava for BB fill when squad sparks (or any sparks fill gauge buffer really) ... alternatively Shida + Signas/Colt/SGX/etc (any crit buffer in SGX slot), though this may or may not gel with Shida SP as below. See other builds. 2x Eze in top left/bottom left or top right/bottom right, avoid centre pedestal in squad positioning, for spark dmg buff and nuke dmg. You want two identical nukers to spark off each other, yeah? SP Eze for self dmg increase
    - if you need to do guard frontier strat with this build then would need to bring Elimo or something, or use friend like Dizzy

OTHER BUILDS
    - Raise :water:Elimo and :fire:Adel, maybe :dark:Magress as they are your only Omni mitigators (50% dmg reduction/mitigation buff on BB/SBB). SP Adel/Magress for additional duration on buff (and Magress needs SP to do the buff in the first place).
    - Raise :dark:Shida as he's your only dmg reduction/mitigation LEAD SKILL, which you want to pair with Elimo/Adel in squad. SP Shida for LS. Do this for hard content/boss fights.
    - Raise :water:Medina, :water:Savia or :thunder:Rhoa as a non-crit mixed element damage LS, for things like regular non-Guild raid. Because FUCK Avant in raid and anyone who raids with Avant lead and an AOE-heavy squad, don't be that person. Maybe :fire:Claire (but Claire's meh)
    - Raise :earth:Libera or... uh.. um, shit. Just Libera. Raise Libera. You want def relative to other stat and at a quick glance I don't see any other def stackers.
    - Raise :dark:Shida, :light:Zellha or :earth:Ragshelm for ailments/debuffs. You don't need these all the time, but it's useful to have some. Shida can do it but may be hard to fit all that SP on him if also taking LS. Depends on build.

UNIT OF CHOICE (if you qualify)
    - current UoC login event only awards free unit chosen from older units, not newer ones.
    - probably Zelnite is the logical pick here as you have no account XP LS.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 8:58 AM
  4. Temperr

Temperr Ascended

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Regil
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Tekken 7, Dark souls, Brave frontier
    Hey dude, I saw your comment and i wondered if you could check my post too
    :)

Link : http://www.bravefrontierforum.net/threads/i-need-some-help-with-my-squad-building-please.80094/

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 8:21 PM
  5. Kratos5

Kratos5 Doombearer

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Thats alot of information, thanks. But those squads dont look very strong, or is it just me?

6. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Unclear if you mean the nuke squad or other notes regarding different builds. For nuke squad - eh, moderate. Avant LS is out of date but still viable. Michele/Shida are current and up-to-date. Eze's are obsolete - but this is besides the point, those are the builds you can make. Don't have the pieces for anything more modern. If you mean other squads, eh, so-so. I rate it as good for a returning player, which is moderate by current player standards. Missing newer bells and whistles, but enough to complete most existing game content. Not great, but good enough.