Shion, why's is he the "new meta"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vendicai, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Vendicai

Vendicai Almighty

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite, Regil, Avante
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    So I just spent a ridiculous amount of money to obtain shion. And I was super excited! I've been waiting on this batch for awhile because the forums were going coo coo for coco puffs over him. Then I realized, while leveling him up, that I have no idea what makes him worth it or, more to the point, how to build a team around him.

2. Xavion

Xavion Beam

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Shion, Ark, Zelnite, Feng, Neferet, Fei&Fang
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    WoW, Overwatch, LoL
    Uhh tri stat buffer, all elements to attack if sp, Hits really hard, insane OD fill especially with ubb, 20% LS with SP

He is a top tier sub unit

3. kainoa25

kainoa25 Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    he's got the dankest of dank memes

Scrubbius Maximus and ZURA like this.
  4. Yoshino

Yoshino Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Who ever I feel like
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    PoK (JP) ID is 526828949
    Lets see. excellent sub and excellent lead for SKD

5. siegfried.bautista

siegfried.bautista Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    Not to mention with a little help he's ubb can be up every 2-3 turns without much effort involved that 100% ele midi which last I think 3 turns so long as you have 1 or 2 bust bb you should atleast his bb up which still has the 8% OD fill
    Eg fina and gabby(sped for bb fill) just these 2 makes sure he can fill OD not to mention fina fills OD aswell if you want to make sure to have OD every 3 turns you can just add another OD fill but it's not really needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Most of this has been covered by other people in various ways. It's just that I kinda figure a) it's still not explicitly clear as I see a lot of confusion about Shion, and b) I just want to make stupid jokes.

SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE SHION, PROMOTING BEST PRACTICES IN THE FARMING AND PLANTATION SECTOR

- first thing about Shion is that his lead skill is one of the rare few which grants account XP gain. Your other Omni options are Zelnite and Zeruiah. If you don't have a thief or deer, then Mister Edgy McEdgy is your best friend.
    - more account XP means more level up milestone rewards (some of the high level rewards are deliberately OP, and I don't use that phrase lightly), more squad cost budget, etc.

PARTY MEMBER SHION IS A CREDIT TO THE PEOPLE'S REVOLUTION
    - as a non-lead party/squad member, Shion's amazing. He does atk/def/rec buff (which pretty much all squads want from somewhere), he does all element add (fire/earth/water/etc) which is always good to have, and he can be SP'd to self-refill his own BB gauge. And he hits hard on top of that. And does some other shit but that's the key stuff.
    - you can get a lot of Shion's stuff from elsewhere, true, but his particular combo of buffs is unique and he's a strong unit to bring that stuff to the table.

THE OFFICIAL SHION UBB SPAM: REAL ULTIMATE POWER
    - when you cast Shion's UBB, it partially refills the UBB gauge and grants some additional UBB fill over subsequent turns. The additional UBB fill over following turns isn't really worth that much, as it doesn't scale, but the straight up percentage UBB refill is very strong together with other UBB fill effects in squad.
    - this basically means a Shion build can UBB all day, every day, once it gets going. UBB spam. Let's say that again, UBB spam. Fucking spamming a UBB. Did you ever think those words would be used?
    - and bear in mind Shion's UBB also grants 100% mitigation, so it's kind of invulnerability on top of that.

In practical terms there are a few potential things that can keep Shion UBB spam from breaking the game completely, but it will let you cheese a lot of stuff if you have other OD fill units to back Shion up. Hell, it's still strong if Shion's your only choice for this.

Nightvayne283, mturf, luffie and 3 others like this.
  7. Daciks

Daciks Bia

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Pumberkiny-Available upon request
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Touhou, Brave Frontier
    Cardes, Maxwell, and XJ rolling in like

DreadnoughtX likes this.
  8. MartyrsDieYoung

MartyrsDieYoung

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Azami
    Wait his OD fill works with other units who have it like freed?

9. Daciks

Daciks Bia

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Pumberkiny-Available upon request
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Touhou, Brave Frontier
    he fills 400 od points/turn with his sbb and 800 with his ubb

10. Vendicai

Vendicai Almighty

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite, Regil, Avante
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    The OD power is real! Thanks guys! Trying to put a team together with him! I'm going to find a spot where they've mentioned!

11. kellojolly

kellojolly

Friend ID:
    Jollyboi
    Leader:
    Regil, Zeruiah, Rain, Silvie
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Just from reading some comments on this forum and especially reddit, I think many people are hyped to a point where they think Shion is more gamebreaking/meta than Regil. They must really love him lol.

12. Yilun

Yilun Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    All Meta Units
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    When you're far enough along in the game to realize the importance/significance of Thanatos/999, you'll better understand why there is hype around a 20% XP LS like Shion. At the same time, having a very solid skill-set along with the ability to facilitate potential UBB spam squad as a pure sub is pretty awesome in it of itself.

You're not mistaken that Regil is the current meta for "Leaderskills". But if Regil is the current meta for LS, Shion is arguably the meta for XP farming and everything else. One doesn't really demerit the other. It just depends on what prism you're looking at. Nobody is sitting here claiming that Regil is worthless because of Shion by any stretch of the imagination.

13. Arma90

Arma90 Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Pretty much what you might use
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dying Light The Following, TLOU
    Agreed..regil is meta, shion is meta, zeruiah is meta what else..all depends on the build

14. Kaosunoa

Kaosunoa Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite, Regil, Long
    Level:
    500-600
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6