Squad help....

Discussion in 'Units & Squads' started by Ringror, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Ringror

Ringror Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    False Demon Lauda
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 2
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier, Pso2, occasionat WoT
    So i'm about as dead in the head as one could get as far as squad creating goes. Friendly advice on a generalized team would be nice since I take no interest in Arena. Sadly, My level is nowhere near high enough to have an omni/full 7* team, I'm posting this primarily because I'd like to have a confident future. I'm pretty sure I have more units but I'm also sure they are all low grade and not with putting up. Depending on which units get featured, I'll obtain approx 6 more random units before I increase my item/unit cap.

What I have on the time of this post-

Fire-
    7* Parch Misfit
    6* Vargas (-_-)
    5* Ciara
    5* Vermilion
    5* Korzan
    Grass-
    7* Felice
    7* Gyras
    7* Green Fang
    5* Dion
    Thunder-
    7* Fizz
    5* Rize
    5* Deimos
    5* Eze
    Water-
    7* Stein
    5* Selina
    Light-
    7* Lauda
    5* Charla
    5* Librarian
    5* Carrol
    Dark-
    5* Zenia
    5* Semira
    4* Mifune

I currently use Felice as a lead, Mifune, Vermillion, Deimos, Charla

Help is appreciated and apologies for my lazyness.... thanks.

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    First, you haven't listed the actual name of some of those units, just the title that isn't a reliable identifier. I mean, I'm guessing there's a Malef, Daze and Allanon in there, but... yeah. Help other people help you, try to avoid that if possible.

Second, this list of units really isn't that bad. It ain't the best, but you've got...most absolutely necessary things covered. Maybe not the best units, but at least you can pull something together for most niches.

That said, you are missing some important things, i.e. def stat buff relative to other stat (def stack), and you're missing crit/ele/debuff null. The crit null stuff isn't too crucial until very late game, plus Omni Ark is eventually there as a free unit and does it. So it's mostly the def stack, but the thing is... you can get that from friends, so that's not as damning. Hell, there's even stuff like Rain friend which handles def stack and crit null in one slot.

Assuming all units Omni or max 7* in the case of Charla/Allanon:

GENERAL PURPOSE
    :light:Lauda (Lead) + :water:Stein, :dark:Zenia (or Eze/Daze), :thunder:Rize (or Selena), :fire:Ciara (or Malef/Fizz, Daze if not in squad)
    :dark:Zenia (Lead) + :water:Stein, :earth:Felice, :thunder:Rize (or Selena), :earth:Daze (or Ciara/Malef/Fizz)
    -
    Lauda lead for general purpose DPS, but Zenia LS possible as well. Lauda for high damage, BC/spark, BB atk.
    - SP Stein for two turn duration on mitigation/50% dmg resistance. Build assumes Stein SP'd for BB fill when squad damaged, also used as status cleanse unit. Alternatively bring Felice instead of Lauda and use her for your BB fill when dmg.
    - Zenia/Eze/Daze for spark dmg buff. Daze is a poor choice for sparking hit-wise, but she also carries atk/def/rec tristat buff and potentially crit rate/dmg which you may be hard pressed to fit in squad otherwise.
    - Rize SP'd for heal over time, or if need more healing bring Selena.
    - Last slot is optional if you have no cost for a fifth unit, otherwise bring something to round out squad, e.g. Ciara for elements, Malef (SP'd for ailments) for ailments when you need it, e.g. Raid RC6, Fizz for OD fill against harder bosses, Daze for atk/def/rec if she isn't already in the Zenia/Eze/Daze slot.

TRIAL/GGC (harder boss battles, etc)
    :earth:Felice (Lead) + :water:Stein, :light:Charla (or Allanon), :water:Selena (or Rize), :earth:Daze

- same as above, except consider Felice in squad instead of Lauda, replacing Lauda as lead. May want to include Charla/Allanon in build for burst heal.

ARENA/COLO
    :thunder:Fizz (Lead) + :water:Selena, :dark:Mifune, (choice of two units)

- Selena in this setup assumes Omni Selena with Lexida sphere and ES unlock, Mifune assumes Omni with AOE normals and other SP. If they aren't mature use something else temporarily.

Ringror likes this.
  3. Ringror

Ringror Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    False Demon Lauda
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 2
    Currently Playing:
    (*whoops*) Yeah, will do with the names, I now somewhat get "it". Just spun----v
    5* Admonition Kanon
    5* Chevalier Mikael
    7* Overlord Azurai
    7* Wulf Aspirant Faelan
    and (drum roll)
    5* Merciless Tridon (though he is a breaker (stat OCD engage...urg))
    I will attempt to figure where Tridon fits in (if he does at all) and I sincerly thank you for the response/help, much appreciated.

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    Tridon makes your squad worse as his shield fucks with Stein's barrier. Obsolete now that barrier is a common buff, unless he's used as a backup unit in a second or third squad (e.g. trial, GQ) that doesn't already contain barrier.

Tridon's LS is technically still good, but you can just use Azurai instead for similar dmg mitigation/resist on lead (which is all that Tridon LS was really valued for). Essentially Azurai's your new Tridon in that respect.

So, def buff relative to other stat, def stack. That was an issue when I did my last reply. Not a problem anymore, I guess. Azurai and Kanon both carry def buff relative to other stat, and some basic stat buffs.

GENERAL PURPOSE/RAID (no crit for raid farming purposes, HoT)
    :light:Lauda (Lead) + :water:Stein, :thunder:Eze, :thunder:Rize (or Selena), :thunder:Kanon

GENERAL PURPOSE/TRIAL/GGC (Azurai lead for harder content)
    :fire:Azurai (Lead) + :light:Lauda (or Felice), :water:Stein, :dark:Zenia (or Eze/Charla), :water:Selena
    -
    note that Azurai needs to cast BB occasionally for def stack if Kanon is not in squad.

ARENA/COLO
    :thunder:Fizz (Lead) + :water:Selena, :dark:Mifune, :fire:Azurai, (choice of unit)

Faelan is quite good but there isn't really room in build. She can be used as ailment inflict if sphered for that.

Ringror likes this.
  5. Ringror

Ringror Saint

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    False Demon Lauda
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 2
    Currently Playing:
    Wow, holy crap, you know your stuffs, wish I could just know info like this xD,
    Since we get 10 squad pages, I'll try everything you've put down (for shits and the giggles), It'll be a bit though, only lvl 61 (or 60) so my cost is only 137, I am assuming the unit typing (or stat spec) is not a problem? I'm lucky to have not spun oracles and I have mostly animas and lords with a few guardians in there. Main annoyance is leveling these units to max/omni/evolving v-v For that last set, would throwing a semira in for status infliction burst be viable?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  6. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Regil, Shion
    I appreciate the comment, but knowing stuff about a mobile phone app game isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. :p
    Shouldn't really matter. I am assuming you eventually SP Stein for two turn 50% dmg reduction and BB fill when squad damaged, but otherwise there isn't any necessary SP requirement. Unit typing doesn't really matter so much in Brave Frontier in practice, we're talking maybe 1000 HP and 300 atk, def, rec difference in base stats, which is pretty minor.
    In the arena build? It's possible. Status is pretty good in arena. Should work for regular arena and in colo to an extent, though higher-end colo squads may be sphered or otherwise set up for status immunity.

Ringror likes this.