Summon rates?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius' started by Kaladin, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Kaladin

Kaladin Skywalker

Leader:
    Azurai
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Are they this terrible in JP? I've pulled 19 times on the BF banner.....zero BF units and my four star was an Anzelm.

None of my 11 pulls have netted anything considered a meta pull.

I'm done with anything but the dailies for a long time.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  2. Sustainer

Sustainer The Engineer Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai + whatever(TheywillkillmeifItakehimdown)
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dying Light, D3:UEE, Fallout 4
    Depends on the banner - this one has the misfortune of having 3 4* base units.

Generally 3* units surface at 10-15%, 4* at 6-7%(same as BF 10x rates) and data collection shows 1.5% for base 5*.

BF banner has no 3* base, and the 4* base seem to be at about 2.5-3% each.

The BF banner is just horrid in general.

3. Kaladin

Kaladin Skywalker

Leader:
    Azurai
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I heard it was awful, but I had to try because it was BF.

I think the worst part is being used to BF discounted summon tickets and gems. Paying mostly full price for summons hurts a lot.

4. Exarion

Exarion Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    I often change (see my units in my profile)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Urban Rivals, Eredan ITCG
    3 accounts.
    On the first account : only BF summons : lvl 18 with 33 summons
    4* : Karl x2, Lamie, Shadow
    all the others are 3* units with a few correct ones : Krile, Bartz, Tarask, Anzelm, Kain (x2)

On the second account : lvl 16 with 25 summons
    4* : Shadow, Anzelm, Luna
    all the others are 3* units and trash units.

On the third account : lvl 16 with 27 summons
    4* : Kain, Maria, Sabin
    all the others are 3* units and trash units (7x Edgar... good for his "absolute trust" skill but that's all).
    I don't now if when we awake a unit the counter for the "absolute trust" skill comes back to 0% or not.

I kept the first account but I think I will stop FFBE soon. Drop rates are terrible, BF banner or others...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  5. Kyrian

Kyrian Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Ark/Azurai
    Level:
    560+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, FFBE
    Yeah, pulling 3*/4* base is doable as FTP but pulling 5* base units is almost impossible as FTP in FFBE without a LOT of luck. Never ever go all in for a 5* base as FTP as that gamble is likely to fail.

FFBE rates are terrible and trolltastic to begin with and BF is a particularly bad banner by even by FFBE standards. You can't even hope for good noise pulls because the odds are tilted towards shitty units. It doesn't help that most (if not all) of the legacy 6* are in the rarer part of the pool...

JP-FFBE rates are... better in a way. I've heard that they rebalanced the pool so it's not tilted towards shitty units like Shadow, Galuf, Penelo and Lani. They also made it so that if you pull a gold crystal, you are GUARANTEED a base 4*. If you pull a rainbow crystal on JP, you are GUARANTEED a base 5*. Sounds great... but that update is several months away at least, and that is if GUMI decides to apply it. For all we know, they could believe that shitty rates will generate more profit and leave it this way forever. I hope not, but I'm not terribly optimistic about it.

6. Sustainer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Rates generally are comparable to BF - Halloween LE on BF came in at 7% - sans this current banner generally the 4* units surface at 6%...

As said, it seems people LOVE to cry about rates and don't noodle/work/think/etc about their squads. MVP of Maxwell was CoD - I tried telling people, everyone started crying how Elza was essential, then magically someone on reddit posts and all of a sudden CoD is the shit and is the only way to beat the trial.

edit:
    As well - we got approx 140-150 BF gem equivalent in FFBE this month - just from logging in, doing daily stuff and some events. How many gems did we get on this amaze balls 3rd anniversary?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  7. Kyrian

Kyrian Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Ark/Azurai
    Level:
    560+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, FFBE
    I never said that the rates for 4* base are complete shit - it is doable for FTP to pull a base 4* much like pulling a featured unit is on BF, although RNG is RNG. I didn't get WoL when I first pulled for him but I did get Refia. Nor did I ever say that CoD was the shit or that Elza was essential.

What I'm saying are my personal experiences with RNG on FFBE as a FTP. Feel free to disagree, as I am sure that you have a vastly different experience with FFBE than I do. As far as I've seen during the several months I've played, FFBE's gacha system is a huge downgrade from BF's. In BF, you can get whatever units are featured in the summon gate if you hoard enough pulls, because, as you said, our rates here for our best and rarest summon gate units now are equivalent to base 4* in FFBE. In FFBE, if the unit you want for whatever reason is a 5* and you're a FTP, either start spending money, pray for lottery level luck or just resign yourself to the fact that you're likely never going to get them. Sure, they're not essential for hard content, but you have to admit that having more 6*, especially base 5*->6*, makes hard content a lot easier. Especially since GUMI is releasing hard events without as many legacy 6* available as there were on JP.

It's even worse when noise pulls in FFBE are shit compared to BF. There's data floating around on reddit at how the rates are tilted towards the shit units you don't want, so the vast majority of the lapis/ST we get are going towards stuff like Galuf, Shadow, Fran... It just makes it all the more harder to pull the legacy 3*/4* units that max out at 6* and are or will be extremely useful for hard content. In BF, it's much more common to get decent noise pulls since the summon pool isn't biased like FFBE. While gems are MUCH rarer in BF, each pull you make on BF has more value than on FFBE because of the noise pulls and the nature of our buff-based meta.

Let's agree to disagree. (y) There is no purpose in arguing in circles anymore. Let the OP decide for themselves which one of us they believe or agree with. While FFBE is still relatively FTP-friendly despite its gacha system, I still enjoy BF more.

8. Sustainer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Wrong entirely I am afraid.

3* base units - even without TMs were essential for Maxwell. One could dominate her(or drag out the fight) using 3* base units(1 TM) - it is the strategy I took and it worked well. CoD functions better than Elza, Vaan was fantastic for full breaking and his higher HP pool helped him survive.

I used my own brain and didn't sheeple along with what the internet says about using 5* base units.

People are stupid in BF with hand waving and equally as stupid in FFBE hand waving units - without accounting for their actual stats, nor crunching numbers.

9. Kyrian

Kyrian Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Ark/Azurai
    Level:
    560+
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF, FFBE
    //sigh. I wasn't making the point that you can't clear content without a full 5* base squad. Yes, some legacy units are quite good - CoD in particular has served me very well - but what's the chance of a FTP newbie actually collecting enough of them to make a kickass squad with the current gacha system? Well, maybe I didn't phrase that right. How long would it take a newbie to get all of those nice base 3* that are in the rarer part of the pool to make an awesome squad for difficult events like Maxwell? It took me several months to get all the units I needed for these events.

Part of the advantage we have as vets is that since we've been playing more or less since launch; we've had the time to accumulate these units before GUMI started pushing out these difficult events. I can only imagine how long it'll take a newbie to catch up in FFBE. Compared to in BF, I've seen newbies have kickass teams from the get go in the same number of summons (or less) than the ones Exarion made on his 3 accounts, no rerolling required.

That said, I'm done now for real. I doubt we're ever going to convince each other, so let's agree to disagree. (y)