The End of BF? Tweet says differently

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bretrick01, Dec 29, 2016.

1. bretrick01

bretrick01 North Star

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Omni Zeru, Cleria, Zelnite, others on req.
    Level:
    +500
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FGO
    so it seems as if a tweet made by the producer of BF has gone under the nose of us GL players since his tweets are Japanese (duh) and in the newest Ushi vid he clears up the confusion and hopefully cools some anger

All respects to Ushi for bringing this to light for us and translating lol

2. Brockman

Brockman Stareater

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Zeruiah Zelnite Holia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier, Trove, Warframe
    Hail Ushi

Oene, Winterprince and bretrick01 like this.
  3. bretrick01

bretrick01 North Star

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    +500
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FGO
    Lol yeah after hearing about it I was surprised that nobody had found out about it sooner or at least told people bout it.

4. ILSATS

ILSATS

Leader:
    Eze
    Ummm... This actually doesn't make much of a different. All he says that the BF1's server will continue to run. That is not our concern. If you want a game to live, you need new contents, updates, and especially, you need to NOT create a game that directly cannibalizes it.

Zaegar likes this.
  5. bretrick01

bretrick01 North Star

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    +500
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FGO
    I mean, I'm pretty sure most people were under the assumption that the game would close down before they could achieve whatever achievements they desired. Unless I have assumed completely wrong, this is what people want, for the game to slow down and let everyone do everything they want without adding too much stuff like powercreeps. I for one would love nothing more for them to finish what they have made, hence the final boss/arc stuff and give time for us to get what we want out of the game. I'm also sure that they will be kind enough to give us stuff like more SKD, half energy, and the like in the future so that we could end on a good note, or not depends on you.

TL;DR: people seem angry and seems like it is because of the assumption that BF is shutting down without people being able to play. I see it as people don't expect it to keep running content wise but just in general.

6. ILSATS

ILSATS

Leader:
    Eze
    No, people are angry because BF 1 will not receive updates anymore, and the game will slowly die. Meanwhile, there is also no carry over to BF2, meaning players will have to start from the beginning and spend money all over again, for a game that is clearly the old game with same UI, same gameplay, same characters, same arts.... It's just not worth it.

7. bretrick01

bretrick01 North Star

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    +500
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FGO
    I see, so what your trying to say here is that people want the continuation of BF content wise even after an ending? Cuz it sounds like they are going to continue the game and make an ending (hopefully sooner than later) and still let us progress our accounts further afterwords (arena, Colo,summoner lvl, etc) which sounds great to me. I dunno why people would still want more stuff even after the game is done lol, I get everyone has their opinions but that just seems to weird to me :confused:

8. parKb5

parKb5 Original God

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Infinity Starsage Zeruiah
    Level:
    450+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Puzzle & Dragons, Miitomo, PokemonGO
    I saw Ushi's video but to be honest I never thought BF 1 would be taken off the App Store and shut down. I'm talking about new content. The only thing that keeps this game alive are the new units, the collabs, new content and freebies.

Take away those things and what the point for us old players?

9. ILSATS

ILSATS

Leader:
    Eze
    What doesn't sound great is the introduction of BF2. BF1 will die out, and we WILL have to switch to BF2. However, there is no carry over and from the look of it BF 2 isn't worth playing, grinding and spending money all over again.
    Remember, this is an "online" game. The game will never be "done" except when they want to kill it. As of now, they're basically killing it and forcing us to switch and ditch out more money on their "new game" which is basically the same game with some updates. That's why many people are angry.

10. bretrick01

bretrick01 North Star

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    +500
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FGO
    I personally only want last arena rank, 999, and all my Units maxed out. I always saw it as those were the biggest things that everyone wanted and played for, but then again it seems like I suck at reading people...

11. bretrick01

bretrick01 North Star

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    +500
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FGO
    I don't know if that's your personal opinion so my argument may be without need but that just sounds so dumb....like 1)these people are too critical of the game before it comes out (we get like two pictures for godsake!) 2)who is making these people play the game? Games are supposed to be fun so if you don't like it because it will not be of any entertainment value to you then why play it?

Idk this might just be from a vet player but I would love nothing more than be able to finish BF and leave it at peace. It's been fun but nothing has been the same as it was during the simpler times of the game. If BF2 seems fun then I'll play it. If not so be it, nothing to get angry over...

12. LunarEmerald

LunarEmerald Ruling Star

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Zeruiah, Azurai, Rain
    Level:
    700+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I think it's a given that BF won't immediately close with the release of BF2 but Alim will cease making content for it. Which will mean we'll rely entirely on Gumi to keep the game afloat. Sure, you'll still be able to play but there will be very little to no content to do.

bretrick01 likes this.
  13. Astranagant

Astranagant Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ark, Avant, Zelnite
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Skyrim, Seven Knights, Brave Frontier
    If they ever run out of ideas in adding new contents to BF 1, they could always add new GCCs since we have a lot of unit batches already. ( I'm still interested in how they will enact Felice's batch, especially Lara eliminating her or what ).

bretrick01 likes this.
  14. Kira99

Kira99 Nomos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Zelnite, Lauda, Galtier
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    but that will get old very fast.
    Log in just to grind arena, do raid, makes spheres and level your units? What's the point of that?
    We want to USE those stuff we acquired to clear new challenging content. If nothing more is introduced, and no
    new units are introduced, then the game will die for sure.
    Really dude, think about why you really play this game.
    This game keeps people playing because it is continuous, it constantly updates. When a challenging trial comes,
    it's fun to go to reddit or the forums to talk about how to clear it. When new, op mechanics arrive, we think about how
    the meta will change.
    Games like BF literally live on updates. Take that away, and our units and spheres become empty trophies.

15. Cantdrownafish

Cantdrownafish Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    EXPERIENCE
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    The backlash forced them to clarify, but I want to know how many people left just from the announcement alone.

bretrick01 likes this.
  16. ILSATS

ILSATS

Leader:
    Eze
    Erhm... Your logic is kinda good, but it's not there yet. Of course, we can choose not to play BF 2. But what about all of the time, money, and effort we spent in BF1 ? all ended in NOTHING just because they want us to change to another similar game ? As I told u, there are 2 reasons here. The end of BF 1 and the start of BF 2.
    No one's making people play the game ? Fine, keep that mindset when you publish your own game, treat people like shit and don't invite them to play at all. Don't be surprised when no one's gonna play it.
    Remember, people are ANGRY. There's no law that say you can't be an asshole, but people will be angry if you are an ass to them. To keep fan happy, companies need to carter to them. Do something like this, and fans will get angry.

bretrick01 likes this.
  17. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Thanatos

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    I don't think there ever was a misunderstanding. Shifting focus away fro ma mobile game, even without shutting down the servers, generally spells doom for it anyway.:p
    This feels like a typical "We flacked up, better try to dowse the flames with some tweets" moment.:D

KaiserSparky, bretrick01 and mturf like this.
  18. parKb5

parKb5 Original God

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Infinity Starsage Zeruiah
    Level:
    450+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Puzzle & Dragons, Miitomo, PokemonGO
    That's what the tweet was, damage control. Someone realized that the fans are upset over the announcement of BF2 so just say some things on Twitter and try to make it go away. Who cares if what was tweeted is true or not, just calm the fan base down whatever it takes.

I don't even really believe the tweets to begin with, it sounds like damage control and hoping that we'll be happy and forget the announcement was ever made and go back to buying gems, that's all they care about right now, the truth can be saved fir another day.

KaiserSparky, bretrick01 and Beyond Z like this.
  19. mturf

mturf Athena

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ark (crit/ele), zeru, ???/avant. Thunder/axe.
    Level:
    700 +vat
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Air guitar.
    totes this.
    jp made a stuuuuupid move.
    this reaction was the obvious reaction from this particular kind of community.
    this is absoloutly dmg ctr (alt del).

in general, folk shud just calm the fuck down regardless, nothing has happened yet.
    almost all the people deciding to leave would have left anyway.
    as iv said afore, shit will last as long as they continue to put effort into it.
    they wont let a cash generator die until they have nother up an running either, its a dumb move.
    on the situation en masse, thats pretty much all i'll say unless i'll go on a major rant (and start yabbering about shit i probably shouldnt).

personally if i was making bf2, my first aim would be to effect a player profile port from bf.
    before i even started on the game, because forseeing this reaction from these fans is so obvious.
    the port could be done in many ways, such as;
    1) a third app used to launch the games that u need to log in to.
    2) stacking the games into one app similar to how we switch to summoner mode
    3) increasing the data held on the server where we sign into facebook
    4) create a "gumi account" or whatever on their site to use as a login instead of facebook.
    the function of all of them is pretty much the same, act as basic login/security/blah, and to record certain milestone statistics from your game files, and then tell those stats to other games.
    those flags then activate bonusus for u in the new game.
    im not talking start at level 999, but perhaps lvl 999 could unlock you a pretty op badass weapon.
    just like replaying certain videogames unlocks new costumes or weapons (silent hill ftw).
    not only does a linked account like this reward long standing players, but it encourages people to play the original, even if theyre just starting.
    like;
    karl, seria, grah /etc owned: unlock different haircuts (eyepatch!!!!)
    999 and thanatos: some kickass weapons (the latter is begging to be a scythe)
    all raid spheres (beiorg/sushi/etc) created: a strong sphere
    all levels of basic slimes (burny) in pokedex: a little rainbow slime unit
    complete first story arc: ...something
    complete _____ arc: ...something else :rofl:
    u get the idea.
    link can go other way too;
    level 100 bf2: give bf 1 20 gems
    complete first story arc bf2: unlock new trial in bf
    defeat some old geezer bf2: unlock ggc for geezer when he was young in bf
    etc

many games have done it, way back and now.
    blizzard do it quite well, so do certain browser games.
    it brings a comunity together once the company starts promoting more titles.
    it makes playrs of one game want to try the others.
    the way gumi have done the cross game promotional events i think its right up their street.

Beyond Z and bretrick01 like this.
  20. bretrick01

bretrick01 North Star

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    +500
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FGO
    Well it looks like I'm the one who has make a misunderstanding, but it is good to have learned something about the community and I appreciate everyone's input.