The Evolution guide!

Discussion in 'European Server' started by iCantPlayDiz, Nov 17, 2015.

1. iCantPlayDiz

iCantPlayDiz Star

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    BC Leaders, Stat Leaders
    Level:
    36x
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    BF EU / Smite / Hearthstone
    Hello everyone!
    Mirage / iCantPlayDiz is back with another guide!
    For most of you experienced players, this might not hold much new information!
    Though, I might have some information you could always need!
    Also...PURBLE.

Let's get started!

What is evolution?
    Before we're even going to discuss how Evolution works / what kinds of evolution materials are out there, its good to set out what Evolution is.
    Evolution is a way in this game, to make units stronger, get them to learn new attacks and sometimes give them a whole new niche of capabilities. Evolution comes in a few stages. Depending on what stage you get the unit from, and what its final form can be, will determine how much you will have to evolve them.
    The following stages of evolution are available
    1* - Very few monsters start at this stage. Things like Burny and co and other basic monsters can start in this stage. Though in this day and age I don't think anyone really uses monsters of this quantity anymore. You might use early healers like Merith / Claris / May who start out at this stage.
    2 * -- This is the stage where starters start in, but also other units like Luna / Zephu / Weiss start out in this stage
    3* -- This stage is where most "basic" monsters will end. Healers like Merith have their final stage in 3 star evolution.
    4* -- This evolution stage is where most new units start from. For instance, the new summons of Rosetta can be gotten in 4 / 5 / 6 star form.
    5* -- In this stage of evolution units become handy. For a long time 5 star was the max cap of a unit. Certain units like the Santa Unit are still useful in their 5 star form (though this example is getting his own 6 star soon). In our current state of game 5 stars are viable, but 6 stars will always be the better option.
    6* -- This is the max cap for alot of units now. In this phase they can also unlock SBB. SBB is a stronger version of BB that will also require its own BC needs. SBB also unlocks all kinds of potential. Healers or Supportive units, can get an attack SBB making them more usefull, and not just pure healers.
    7* -- This the final stage that the game currently has to offer. A few old units will get the chance to become 7 star units (like the starters) and quite a few units that we will receive will be able to become 7 star mode. 7 Star evolutions will be required more and more to clear upcoming content.

How do I know what I need to evolve my units?
    There are quite a few ways to determine what evolution material you need to evolve your units.
    Most of it can be found on these two wikipedia's.
    http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Unit_Avatars
    http://fr.bravefrontierrpg.wikia.com/wiki/Unité_Avatars
    For beginning players I'd recommend the Global Wiki, even though it does not for instance hold EU exclusive units.
    If you want to get a grasp on what materials look like and how they're called, Global is easier, because it is in English.
    Once you recognize the icons, you can also use the French Wiki instead.

Evolution Materials
    There is all kinds of material that can be used.
    First off are the basic evolution materials. They can be gotten in each Element and are needed for units of the same element as they are.
    • Nymphs -- Nymphs can drop in Mistral. This is my preferred way of getting them. The energy is usually low and you can get the desired Nymph in one or two runs generally. Otherways are Honor Summon, where I would preserve my points for Super Honor Summon events instead and Garden of Nymphs. A dungeon (10 Energy and 5 rounds) that opens up on the weekend. The last way is Merit shop, which I don't recommend. Merit points can be used for better things like Legend Stones.
    • Spirits -- Spirits drop in Cordelica maps or Morgan Maps. I also prefer to farm these in the Morgan Maps. Same reason as nymphs. The energy tends to be low and all the extra fodder is never a bad thing. Otherways are Honor Summon, where I would preserve my points for Super Honor Summon events instead and Garden of Spirits. A dungeon (20 Energy for 5 rounds) that opens up on the weekend. The last way is Merit shop, which I don't recommend. Merit points can be used for better things like Legend Stones.
    • Idols -- Idols drop in St Lamia up to Aldahlia maps. I wouldn't farm them this way. The droprate becomes lower and the energy doesn't make up for it necessairly. I would rather try to get them in Garden of Idols. Otherways are Honor Summon, where I would preserve my points for Super Honor Summon events instead and Garden of Idols. A dungeon (25 Energy for 5 rounds) that opens up on the weekend. The last way is Merit shop, which I don't recommend. Merit points can be used for better things like Legend Stones.
    • Mirror Idols -- I'm setting these apart from the regular idols. Mirror Idols are evolution material that is used for the EU exclusive units. They can drop in the garden of idols, though the chance of that can be quite low. Other options are EU exclusive dungeons where they can be capturable. The best option in my opinion is to wait for a Super Honor Summon. This is an event that happens around once a month, and during those summons, getting a Mirror Idol is relatively easy. You should always hoard a few extra after such an event because they are quite hard to obtain. The Merit shop does hold Mirror Idols nowadays, so thats option. Certain events like "Mirror Jade" etc, will also have a chance to drop Mirror Idols
    • Pots -- Pots drop in Encervis up to Aldahlia maps. I wouldn't farm them this way. The droprate becomes lower and the energy doesn't make up for it necessairly. I would rather try to get them in Garden of Pots. Otherways are Honor Summon, where I would preserve my points for Super Honor Summon events instead and Garden of Idols. A dungeon (25 Energy for 5 rounds) that opens up on the weekend. The last way is Merit shop, which I don't recommend. Merit points can be used for better things like Legend Stones.
    • Totems -- Totems have their own seperate dungeons on the weekend. Their dungeon is 30 Energy and you will only get 1 Totem of said element during that run. However, on the dark and light totem dungeons, you can get any of the other elemental totems during one of the rounds. On the elemental totems, you can get a chance of Light / Dark totem during that run. Totems CAN drop from Ryvern up to Ahdalia but the chances are very low, so its better to try to get them during the weekend dungeons. The last way is the achievement store. It can be a way to get totems but I still recon that spending your energy on the weekends on these dungeons is better than paying for something with points that you will need
    • Miracle Totem-- Miracle totems are materials that you need when evolving to 5 star and higher. Miracle totem has its own dungeon and costs 50 energy per run. During these rounds a chance of dropping one of the other totems is possible. Miracle totems are also obtainable in the Merit Shop. As with all the other evolution material , I don't recommend spending Merit points to get them. Patience generally is a better thing for the wallet!
    • Mecha Dungeon -- Mecha dungeons will also only be open on the weekend. They will cost 70 energy per run which is quite costly. Mecha Gods are needed to evolve units to 7 stars. Mitigators ARE required to finish these dungeons because Mecha Gods can use their AoE attacks up to 4 times per turn, making them hurt. This is why its recommended to clear these dungeons with a defensive squad (until we have full teams of 7 stars). The Mecha dungeon is the only way to obtain these gods.
    Other basic evolution items are Mimics.
    Mimics come in four shape and sizes.
    • Regular Mimics appear in the box of Desires in the wednesday dungeon on level 1 and 3. They can randomly appear in Mistral, Morgan, St. Lamia and Amdahl in one of the chests that are left behind during quests. The Last way is via the Merit shop, which I don't recommend.
    • Bat Mimics appear in the Box of Desires in the wednesday dungeon on level 2. They can randomly appear in St. Lamia and forward in one of the chests that are left behind during quests. The Last way is via the Merit shop, which I don't recommend. Bat Mimics can also be evolved into Metal Mimics ( 1 Dark Metal Ghost + King + God and 200k Zel)
    • Dragon Mimics can only appear in the Box of Desires on level 3. They can randomly appear in Palmyna and forward in one of the chests that are left behind during quests. The Last way is via the Merit shop, which I don't recommend.
    • Metal Mimics. In EU there are three ways of getting these. The first way is evolving them from Bat Mimics. The second way is from the merit shop. I have to say that getting them from Merit shop is easier than evolving them. If you get 5 Daily Quests a day, you can do get 1 Metal Mimic for doing them and IMO this is worth it. As of 18-11-2015, we also have Metal Mimics added to level 1 and 2 of Box of desires! So get your chances there!:)

Special Evolution items!
    Special evolution items are items that are required for certain evolutions. Evolutions that we may not have yet, but I will list them anyway.
    • Miracle Bulb -- This item was achievable during the Xenon and Estia dungeons. This is a material that is needed to evolve these units from 4 to 5 star Evolution.
    • Legend Stone -- This item is used to evolve units that did not have a 7 star before, into a 7 star Unit. Units like Selena, Edea and Elimo will need a Legend stone to evolve to their 7 star form. A Legend stone is obtainable from the Merit shop and will cost 8000 Merit Points. So you can see why I suggest to save your Merit points as much as possible.
    • Mock unit evolution items -- Ruby (Seria ) , Emerald (Lugina), Sapphire (Karl) , Topaz ( Paris) , Amethyst (Grahdens). These can be gotten from Grandquest.

Zel costs!

Last but not least is Zel Costs. Everything comes at a price!
    Evolving a 1* to a 2* will cost 1,000 Zel.
    Evolving a 2* to a 3* will cost 2,500 Zel.
    Evolving a 3* to a 4* will cost 100,000 Zel.
    Evolving a 4* to a 5* will cost 200,000 Zel.
    Evolving a 5* to a 6* will cost 500,000 Zel.
    Evolving a 6* to a 7* will cost 1,500,000 Zel.

I hope this is a compromised guide that helped you!
    If you have any questions or feedback let me know.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  2. darnok

darnok Karma Killer

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arturus Rex
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Tower of Saviors
    Nice guide!
    I want to add a few comments. First, BF EU is currently bugged so that every round of Garden of idols/Pots is guaranteed to drop something. That means a guaranteed 5 idols or 5 pots for each 25 stamina run, but the colors are not guaranteed. This is a big improvement over the previous situation where on average maybe 2 idols or pots drop. But no one knows how long this situation will last.

That said, I get most of my idols from St. Lamia. The drop rates are low, but there are a couple of advantages with the St. Lamia method: 1) The XP is quite decent because of 2x XP, and 2) I can farm for idols during the week so that I can dedicate weekends for totem farming.

Agreed about using merit points for Metal Mimics. It is a big convenience. Also, I would consider using merit points on pots (200 points, so fairly cheap) on occasion, but stocking up through Garden of Pots is probably better.

As Mirage noted, light and dark totems can drop at the other elemental totem dungeons, and also from the miracle totem dungeon. If you run those other dungeons a lot (as I do), you probably won't find it necessary to run the dedicated light or dark totem dungeons.

iCantPlayDiz likes this.
  3. jgracelopez

jgracelopez

Leader:
    Grahdens L & 6 Darvanshel B & Holy LlewxaM B
    @iCantPlayDiz seriously is your name john or mirage be serious with your answer

Sent from my Vodafone 785 using Tapatalk

4. traskott

traskott Archangel

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arthur/Zelnite
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Currently Playing:
    European server
    Good job!!! Specially "Don't spend merit points" (y).

May be u should mention that each time u evolve, the units got more costly, which can ruin your "perfect team" :p

5. Arjoxxx

Arjoxxx Skywalker

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    R U Sirius?
    Level:
    I DO recommend nymphs and spirits buying in the achievement store! 50 points is nothing!

6. Leonhart

Leonhart

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai/Zelnite/Elza/Sirius
    Currently Playing:
    God Eater 1/2
    I'm now an elitist, only Totems in my inventory.
    For other trash i got MERIT SHOP!

Arjoxxx likes this.
  7. traskott

traskott Archangel

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arthur/Zelnite
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Currently Playing:
    European server
    When you need 8k or more, every MP count... More now, with the rewards system bugged...

iCantPlayDiz likes this.
  8. iCantPlayDiz

iCantPlayDiz Star

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    BC Leaders, Stat Leaders
    Level:
    36x
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Is something that is worth mentioning in my squadadvice guide more so than here I think o.o

@Arjoxxx personal opinion ;) I rather take 4-6 energy to farm the low level mats

9. Phobius

Phobius Eukleia

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arthur, Magena, Llewxam, Ark, Libra, Lucius
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 1
    Currently Playing:
    With his dick
    As usual, nice guide!

Cough.. Trial 005 and EX1...Cough

Enviado do meu ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5036D através de Tapatalk

iCantPlayDiz likes this.
  10. WartsaRF

WartsaRF Hephaestus

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Haile | Zeruiah | Nyami | Juno | Ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    So you guys still not rioting for Mirror Idol ti be added to the Merit Shop :v

Sent from your own Device

11. Arjoxxx

Arjoxxx Skywalker

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    R U Sirius?
    Level:
    Nope Mirror Idols for days! ;)

12. iCantPlayDiz

iCantPlayDiz Star

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    BC Leaders, Stat Leaders
    Level:
    36x
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    YES PHOBIUS I KNOW XD
    I need to do a little more research on them because most information is based on released 7 stars in Global..:/

Phobius likes this.
  13. Modo

Modo Hero

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Demonic Idol Kikuri
    Level:
    180+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    The Last Remnant (Xbox)
    "The Merit shop does not hold Mirror Idols, so thats not an option."

When are you updating this?

14. iCantPlayDiz

iCantPlayDiz Star

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    BC Leaders, Stat Leaders
    Level:
    36x
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Now apperently.

15. Kaellansweu

Kaellansweu Commander

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Michele / malnaplis
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    they drop from in eu exclusive dungeon grashopper 2got 2 so far buth no damn grashoper shapeshifter. need to do lvl 3 to capture?

just got one from grashopper dungeon 1.
    still no grashopper doh.

Skickat från min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  16. iCantPlayDiz

iCantPlayDiz Star

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    BC Leaders, Stat Leaders
    Level:
    36x
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Grasshopper is called Jade..and yea..I already mentioned that.

Kaellansweu likes this.
  17. darnok

darnok Karma Killer

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Arturus Rex
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Tower of Saviors
  18. traockl

traockl

Server:
    European
    Leader:
    Charlotte
    Level:
    Hello guys,

I think i'm easily found as a beginer in this game :)
    I found this great guide on my quest to discover how to get my Sirius to his Omni stage... Though i dont seam to find the answer anywhere ! :'(
    Do you guys know how to do that ?

I already have Sirius on stage 7*, maxed his levels and started to fuse him with a few lutin.
    Already have all materials listed for the evolution to Omni stage online. is there an event required, or do i have to finish the story's quests ?
    I have a full team of 7* (a bit random for now, first come first served) and have the team cost available to evolve Sirius and keep him on the team with all the others.

Any advice ?

regards.

19. GsR

GsR Twilight

Server:
    European
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Sirius, Arthur, Amadeus
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Skyrim(with a ton of mods), Dark Souls 3
    Sirius doesn't have his Dream Evolution here yet. Should come soon.

20. traockl

traockl

Server:
    European
    Leader:
    Charlotte
    Level:
    Oh, okey.

But the evolution process is the same as the previous stages ?