The real limiting factor in the game - cost.

Discussion in 'Phantom of the Kill' started by Sustainer, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Sustainer

Sustainer The Engineer Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Azurai + whatever(TheywillkillmeifItakehimdown)
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dying Light, D3:UEE, Fallout 4
    First subject - advice:
    PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE COST OF YOUR SQUAD/CRITICAL UNITS!

Random thoughts:
    Not really complaining, I am enjoying the game - grinding on BF, grinding on POTK(that seems to appeal to me more) much the same thing.

But sweet lord at the cost/rate you get cost. I can half understand the AP thing, but jeebas @ how long it takes to field a full 5* squad (I have it pegged at lvl78ish provided there are no +5 party size level ups).

There is TONS of grinding to be done, so I am not too put off, will be doing it regardless - just curious if that will be a disadvantage for a long term goal for attracting players. I know it would SUCK to have Asclepius(I get it ringt this time? Please don't yell at me @Martin541) evolve to 4 or 5 stars, and have to make a decision to toss up your entire squad. I think it will take longer in relative terms then the grind to 214 in BF, truly - most seem to hit that in a month and change if they go HAM. Going HAM I am hoping to hit 40ish later today/tomorrow morning.

2. DanT

DanT

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Tridon, Hadaron, Bestie, Ciara
    Level:
    Honestly, I'm probably going to take evolving my units slow anyway on PotK. It's my understanding that bonus stats count towards the stats added after evolution (1/10 of current stats is what I was told), so I'll probably try to optimize bonus stats before I actually evolve my worthwhile units to the next form. If I'm wrong about bonus stats counting for this, please do correct me and save me unnecessary work. XD

So, if things really work the way I think they work, I'm thinking that by the time I finish actually evolving my units I'll have the cost to field them or at least be near it.

3. Sustainer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Am sure there will be some optimized/translated/etc.. stuff eventually pop up.

It seems in the past, 99.9999999999999% of the time players seem to over-estimate the difficulty of their JP counterparts - curious how that will play out here :D

Mercifully tons of time to work stuff out. I agree there is nothing fast paced about the game, but just a warning for people that may be interesting in going HAM evolving their stuff. I suspect the next few weeks (Until I can regularly use another 5*) will be raising lower level Laevaetin F and Yata no Kagami (edit: Luin too!) dupes for limit breaking purposes.

4. JSlick

JSlick Gleaming God

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Agress, Avant, Zelnite, Ark, Azurai, Fei & Fang
    Level:
    4xx
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    How the hell did you get to level 74?

5. Threndsa

Threndsa

Leader:
    Rahgan
    Unfortunately since this game has low numbers and doesn't seem to round (the thread regarding bonus stats showed the extra point didn't add up until 31) it seems like any stat optimization should only be done on the next to last evolution stage. Optimizing your 3* may make it a stronger 4* but will likely have little impact on the 5* stats since you get hit with a second 1/10 conversion. In addition since stat gains are random you cant even look at max level stats and decide where to optimize. Raising a 3* up to a 5* will be beneficial in that you will have another 5* unit but unit growth will likely be more of a boon/detriment to your characters stats than if you evolved it or got it at it's final form.

6. Sustainer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    430+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Was extrapolating numbers, currently am level 50 and have 72 unit cost.

I seem to get an extra cost every other level (49 was weird... got AP/Cost/Friend in one level), so I need another 12 cost from now to field a full squad of Lazuli 5* units, extrapolating out, that will take me 24 levels - so that would leave me at level 74 to reach that point.