The Resurrected Flame

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Zayl, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Zayl

Zayl Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Rhoa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Civilization Beyond Earth
    I am sure most people have completed this GGC with little to no effort but i am struggling and failing on the first fight. I do not know which units i should use to complete this trial if my problem is something else entirely or i need specific orbs to complete it. I need some advice plz.

My current squad is
    -Eze Omni Leader (Demon Striker/Batootha Orbs)
    -Dolk (Refined Gem/Legwand Gem Orbs)
    -Reud (Cosmic Dust/Star Helm Orbs)
    -Averus(Magic Ore/Adaptation Jewel Orbs)
    -Nyami(Nyami's Bells/Baron's Sheild Orbs)
    - the friends i have tried are Kyluk, Tridon, Azurai, and Sakura Miku

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Ark, Zelnite
    This one's basically a survival and passive BB gauge gen check.

Typical friend or own leads for this are Lara, Omni Ark, possibly Omni Lance. This is because you need some source of crit null - Avant will crit you, and you need to no-sell that crit damage. There are others that work, e.g. Lafiel lead if you're willing to take 7*s.

We're talking squadwide crit null, to be clear. Dolk has crit null for himself on his ES, and I guess theoretically you could elgift everyone or whatever but that's silly talk.

Thing is, even if you null the crits, problem is that Avant still hits like a runaway train. Every bit of additional durability you can cram in helps...so your choice of Dolk is workable, the def stack helps. Azurai, Tridon friends help, Kulyuk friends help...except you can't really do that, can you? You need the crit null from your friend since you aren't getting it from within own squad.

Next problem, passive BB gauge gen. Eze...isn't really helping because the real issue is recovering BB gauge when Avant drains your gauges. A lead that generates BC when squad is damaged is ideal here... Reud, perhaps, but I dunno what other choices you have available. Do note that you aren't going to be able to sustain BC on hit uptime if your sole source for that is a BB/SBB buff rather than lead skill.

It's possible to clear the trial with two leads (own/friend) that do not have BC on hit, I did it with just a BB/SBB buff cast and spheres for BB gen on everyone for BC/hit and BC/turn, like Phantom Gizmo, Phoenix Crown, Sacred Crystal, whatever, but if you don't have the spheres to go ham on BB gauge gen it may be harsh.

Two mitigators may be a good idea. That's what I did, helped somewhat, particularly when one couldn't cast BB and the other could, or if one...you know, died.

You'll want mitigation UBB cast around Avant's thresholds on final stage.

3. Zayl

Zayl Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Rhoa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Other units i have close to or fully leveled and imped are Voldoga, Mikael, Carrol, Rhoa, Avant, Selena, Toutetsu, Julius, Allanon, Magress, Atro and Logan
    I am not good at recognizing which buffs would be the better substitutes for existing ones do any of these units help out my situation? I also have Leona ,Reihard, and Zeal from the newer units but could not obtain newer omni units ,not from lack of trying though i am just very unlucky.

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Ark, Zelnite
    Try :thunder:Mikael (Lead) + :light:Allanon, :dark:Nyami, :thunder:Eze, :thunder:Reud (or Atro SP'd for BC/hit) + FRIEND: :light:Ark (Omni, SP'd for crit null)

If need another mitigator as backup, bring Magress or Averus instead of Nyami. Can also consider dropping Reud and bringing the backup mitigator in that spot because you may be casting Allanon BB occasionally rather than SBB, and Allanon carries BC/hit buff in any case. Ark can heal in situations where Allanon may not be able to.

Alternatively Lara friend works if you can't get an Omni Ark friend with the right SP, if so then most Lara friends are likely SP'd for mitigation. For the HP thresholds (e.g. final/third phase Ark hitting 0% HP and self-refill HP, 50% HP) consider using Ark's UBB (or Allanon's if you don't have that Ark friend).

I cannot guarantee this will work. It is merely what I can suggest based on what units you have named. Note that you may want to guard everyone if necessary on certain turns (e.g. cannot cast mitigation after gauge drain). Bring fujins, hero crystal, revives.

Also, for future reference, this is the wrong forum section to ask for this sort of advice. I mean, you can, but you aren't going to get many replies in here. This section is intended for people to post guides and FAQs they have written.

5. Zayl

Zayl Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Rhoa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    I have never seen an ark omni for a possible friend but i will try to find one

6. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Ark, Zelnite
    Omni Ark is in short supply because you need to beat Karna Masta to get him, and KM's currently bugged to make it much harder than it should be. I have a few friends with Omni Ark up as lead, but then, well, basically I have the good fortune to be Internet-acquainted with some of the real, uh, dedicated players in the community. Full disclosure, I'm actually a slacker.

I haven't gotten Omni Ark myself, I will admit this - at this point we are expecting a KM fix soon so it may be prudent just to wait for that to go in. Omni Ark friends should be more common following this.

7. Humble_Disciple

Humble_Disciple Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite
    Level:
    350 IGN Kynon
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Xenoverse 2 & Skyrim Remastered (PS4)
    Do you think I could get this done with:
    Omni Kyuluk (BB gen sp skills) leader
    Omni Miku
    Omni Krantz
    Omni Azurai
    Omni Zero
    with a Omni Ark lead?

Also, will this be impossible without the beiorg spheres? I just haven't had the time to craft them as they each take 10 years to make.

8. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Ark, Zelnite
    @Humble_Disciple - Don't need Beiorg spheres, I have like...one of the damn things, and I keep forgetting it even exists.

Kulyuk lead isn't really that good, objectively you'd be better off just using Azurai lead for the dmg reduction/mitigation on lead I suspect. I mean, to be fair I've not objectively tested Kulyuk extensively, but...

Yeah, basically that should work? I can't, you know, guarantee it of course.

9. Humble_Disciple

Humble_Disciple Ascended

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnite
    Level:
    350 IGN Kynon
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Xenoverse 2 & Skyrim Remastered (PS4)
    Haha okay. I saw some people saying he offered good mitigation and his fire barrier was useful against him. However, I'm not really sure what barriers do and if it's even useful for this content. I took a break when barriers were introduced.

10. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Ark, Zelnite
    Alright, real quick - if you have Tridon or ever used a Tridon friend, barriers are similar to Tridon's shield except better and not suffering from bugs.

Barriers are basically free temporary HP. The barrier has a hidden HP pool - in Kulyuk's case it is a 2,000 HP barrier. When the barrier is hit, you will see the barrier graphic appear over your unit and the unit will instead take 1 damage for the hit. The actual damage to the barrier is being calculated but won't display... but it's actually 2,000 HP, just hidden. 2,000 HP is just for Kulyuk specifically, other units may have stronger or weaker barrier.

Tridon's shield more directly shows you the shield's damage taken since it is visually represented as an extra HP bar that decreases. That's probably the only good thing about Tridon's shield vs. barrier.

Reason why the barrier is better than Tridon's shield is - the barrier is inheriting any defence stat and other survival boosts from your unit. Azurai buffs def and atk, Kulyuk does further def buff based on atk ... the barrier is benefiting from that boosted def. As well as your mitigation from Krantz, from Azurai lead skill, etc.

In comparison Tridon's shield is very inconsistent about what survival effect it inherits or is affected by. Isn't affected by def buffs, applies its own def instead. This causes problems when you stack shield and barrier. Technically it can be stacked, but the shield ends up fucking up the barrier's def, so it isn't worthwhile and you might as well use barrier. Since you own a Kulyuk and can use Azurai lead, basically never ever use a Tridon friend or your own Tridon on the same squad, unless Tridon gets bugfixes and changes.

It's fire element simply as... barriers have element. The fire barrier will take more damage from water, less damage from earth, etc. That's all.

11. FriendlyHate

FriendlyHate Legend

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Sirius/Lara/Azurai
    Level:
    200+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I tried 3 time to beat this damn thing...always gets me after resurrection though :( I just pulled Vern and Lara so hopefully after i omni them i can retry this bad boy

12. Fernyfer

Fernyfer Apollo

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Felice
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    I don't know if you've gotten this far on this fight, but the trick for me was AFTER he revived, make sure you UBB him to below 50% HP, in which he will buff wipe you and then go idle for a turn. Use this turn to Hero Crystal, Fujin whoever you're using with the best 3-4 turn 75% mitigation, use said UBB and then proceed to pew pew Avant. That is literally the hardest part, outside of stupid random RNG deaths from him tunneling somebody. Good luck!

13. dstails

dstails Warlord

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Overload Azurai, Fulgur Halcyon Eze
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Is this team good enough for avant's ggc?
    7* bestie lead (Type: Anima, Spheres: buffer Jewel, Sol creator)
    Omni Zero (Type: Guardian, Spheres: Buffer Jewel, Infidelity Orb, Enhancements: 20% boost to all parameters, 100% boost to spark damage, BB boost during spark effect)
    7* Charla (Type: Breaker, Sphere: Glacies Staff)
    7* Nyami (Type: Guardian, Spheres: Nyami's Bells, Fallacy Orb)
    7* Darvanshel (Type: Guardian. Spheres: Malice Jewel, Blessed)

14. Reixd

Reixd Bia

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Avant OE, Sirius OE, Zelnite OE, Ciara and Zenia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF GL
    I hope you have Iris in your squad, She basically carried my whole team through that 15% Mitigation to Fire ( It stacks with 50% miti, also stacks with Omni Ark and Azurai/Gazia) So it makes your team tanky af, something around 75% mitigation lmao