Unit of choice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeeOzz, Apr 21, 2018.

1. DeeOzz

DeeOzz Supreme

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Krantz, Will, Diana, Melchio, Rhein
    Level:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone knows which units are available through this and which units are most preferable at the moment? I'm still stuck on whether taking a different unit for BC/HC drop rate I have zelnite 7 star for it or take a different mitigator rather than krantz, but i need him for light and dark buff, if anyone knows which unit i could go for please tell me! (y)

2. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Eligible Units:
    • All Rare Summon Units up to Alan batch
    • All Limited Edition, Guild Raid, Vortex Arena and Uprising units are not included.
    Alan batch is Ludero, Gandrei, Lumis, Ordine, Alan and Ragina. That's the cutoff for JP release or non-limited Global Exclusive - it doesn't include things like Roglizer, Limilnate, Amadream and so on.

Limited Edition stuff is... any limited summon that ain't usually in gates. Crossover/collab units like all the various Miku units or things like the Fairy Tale units, Ezra Scarlet et. al, the Alchemist's Code units like Chloe. Guild Raid units are Galea, Wahannon, Keres - I'm not sure if this includes stuff like Laresa who aren't GR leads but are largely intended as GR subs. Vortex Arena units would be stuff like Blaze, Sae, Ceres, Dranoel, Ciardha and whatshername the light one. I don't know if this includes the newer ones from the more recent elemental VAs gates. Uprising is the Egyptian-themed Rahotep batch - Kawab, Neferet, Persenet, Hetepheres, Khepratum.

Generally speaking the rule of thumb is, if you don't have an account XP lead, you take Shion. You do have an account XP lead, because you own Zelnite, but you may still consider Shion for other reasons... anyone without a 50% OD refill UBB should at least consider Shion or Allanon. Moving on from there, if you don't have a KO resistance UBB, you want to consider Gabriela, Beiorg, Holia, Nagid, Janice, Zalvard, with Gabriela being the preferred choice. It is possible to consider units for rez UBB, but there's relatively few rez UBB units in UoC... Nimune? I'm not sure if Feng and Juno-Seto are selectable, they probably count as limited ed.

If you lack dmg reduction/mitigation lead skills, you'd want to look at things like Regil, Lukroar, and Alan for fixed dmg reduction - possibly Azurai, maybe Shida, but those aren't as strong. Regil/Lukroar/Alan are the popular picks here, though Azurai and Shida are possible for versatility. Could also consider those who do 20% dmg reduction/mit on LS (individually stronger, but has more issues with stacking) like Cleria, Phileine, Mordlim, Mariela, et al - Cleria/Phileine are the popular picks here.

Picking a mitigator is not a bad option - Krantz is usable but a bit dated these days. I'm not sure why you consider adding light/dark to be necessary for a squad, that's not really a must-have or must-include buff. I mean, sure, if you can fit elemental add into a squad, go ahead, it's always nice, but it's not the sort of thing we pass or fail a build on. If that's your only reason to use Krantz, then... uh, yeah, don't let that stop you. The UoC would let you get stuff like... Nagid or Amus would be what I'd look at, but stuff like Ilm would also be in the pool.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  3. DeeOzz

DeeOzz Supreme

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Krantz, Will, Diana, Melchio, Rhein
    Level:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Thank you for the awesome reply!! Well, I have Roglizer I use lead on him almost always for xp so covered there! I do not have a KO resistance unit.. Nope, Feng and Juno not available it seems. I have Alan in squad, but I really don't know I just do not like him haha reason i'm trying to switch Alan, zelnite and krantz out for up to date units. Yeah I was looking and Amus and I'm actually liking her, leaning more on her to switch krantz and hmmm I could lean more with Gabriela since 1 KO resistance seems to be needed now in these new trials, quests, etc.

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Alan is literally the best rare summon lead skill for a mixed element boss fighting squad. There is nothing better. If you hope to replace him... you may be waiting a while.

Note that I'm using fairly specific terms there, though.

Alan is a static/fixed universal 15% dmg reduction lead, which is on par with Zellion, Regil, Lukroar and superior to Azurai, etc. The thing is that Alan combines LS dmg reduction/mitigation with defensive BB gauge fill effects, the other units above combine the LS mitigation with damage dealing effects, but for a lot of content you may want the gauge fill rather than damage. More conservative, safer, more safety margin.

There are many units with 20% dmg reduction, but these are all conditional activation leads, you run into limitations with stacking. Static always on LS mitigation, that tops out at 15%.

The best mitigation leads aren't rare summon - Alza Masta, Omni Tridon. There are also arguably better leads for mono squads, but that's mono, not mixed ele.

The main issue with Alan is not the LS, but the fact he is a tristat buffer - this directly competes for space in squad with a lot of meta units, e.g. Shion, Xenon, most notably, but also the likes of Azurai, Beiorg, Rain, Ezra Scarlet, Savia, et al.

With all that said, you want a better mitigator AND a KO resistance UBB, there is Nagid, who is both those things.

5. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkwalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    Acyl, I already have every unit you recommended except Shion, Nimune, Shida, and Allanon. I do have Roglizer, Bjorn, Zelnite.
    I'm thinking I'm going to pick Allanon for my UoC. Allanon did just get an upgrade and is now a 54 cost unit. Seems legit yeah?

6. Pulsate

Pulsate Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Kιℓℓυa
    Leader:
    Maxed Robe / Alza / Zeis / Natsu
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Hearthstone (Legend) Competitive Gears of War 4
    Allanon is a very good unit, he's a better Shion in all aspects other than EXP lead.
    Shida isn't worth it anymore, if you dont have your own 15% flat miti lead, just pick Alan.
    Nimune is garbage, she might be one of the only available revive units but honestly not worth it since revive is quite niche.
    Idk what mitigator you're using atm, but considering you can use a lot of good friend leads who are also mitigators, I would just pick Allanon.

7. Brian Szotak

Brian Szotak Darkwalker

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Blaze, Sae, Zegstia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Fallout 4, Skyrim
    I think I'm in good shape on mitigators: Wintia, Xenon, Svalinn, Amus, Solos, Nagid, Eleanor are all omni plus. I also have Ilm.
    I think the only mitigator I'm kicking myself for not getting is Erza Scarlet