Unleash Shion Full Potential

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Kenneth Kho, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Kenneth Kho

Kenneth Kho Virtuoso

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Disnomian Emperor Shion
    Level:
    Hello all, i think although shion is the winner of last spring units poll, not everyone aware of its main weapon : UBB.

First i'll tell u my short background on brave frontier. I played for 2 months in 2014 when even raid battle has not exist. I quit a week after beating maxwell at level 100+. And I play this game again last week and summon 3 units on lid and lasswell event, i only have 23 gems. I got lid (better version zelnite), shion, felice (best bb manager in the game), and ragra (bb manager too). I didnt realize that i got very lucky on all those units especially shion and felice before i googled it. I'll choose ilm (mitigator and bb manager) for summer UoC. I need regil too for bb atk boost and nullify status (sp). I got shion friend too, so thats good.

Here's how u utilise shion ubb spam the right way. As you know his ubb were AoE and single unit, mitigation 100%, 400% atk def rec for 3 turns. That's it, u want ubb every 3 turns to activate 100% miti throughout the battle! And on my calculation, that's possible with him and 1 other od filler (need to be SBB all the time). BB Manager units' job! See, i'm lucky right i got good bb manager. U dont need Shion's OD boost leader skill to perform this UBB spam, that's an added point. Shion's UBB : 50% fill OD gauge and 800 OD pts for 3 turns, Shion's SBB : 8% fill OD gauge and add 400 OD pts. Here's how we do it.

The first turn OD gauge is empty. U can use normal attack and 50% mitigator until OD is filled naturally, or start ubb spam right away. To start ubb spam immediately, of course hero crystal and fujin Shion. Then use as minimum fujin possible that needed so that the next turn, all unit sbb is full. U don't need to fujin the od filler on first turn.

Turn 1: Hero Crystal Shion
    Turn 2 : All SBB, OD will be full
    Turn 3 : OD Shion and all SBB
    Turn 4 : UBB Shion and all SBB
    Turn 5 : All SBB, OD will be full
    Turn 6 : OD Shion and all SBB
    Turn 7 : UBB Shion and all SBB
    Etc.

Don't be too happy, there are some boss that have bb drain, for example omni maxwell do that once on the strategy zone, you'll need 2 fujin for both shion and the of filler. I don't know if there is any boss with routine bb drain, so good luck. I really recommend you to choose shion for the UoC if u don't have one, and you have shion friend. If you managed to read this far, you're a tough guy!!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  2. Reixd

Reixd Khaos

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Avant OE, Strife God
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF GL
    I did have another idea, I think that Lilith with shion and another shion would be a game breaker ( unless the GGC/ Trial doesn't let units UBB or else they debuff and fuck the hell out of you ) Good Job. I love how shion works, he's quite the good unit even though his spark animation suxx

3. Renegade7190

Renegade7190 Deva

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Shion
    Level:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    (Buff wipe)

4. Kenneth Kho

Kenneth Kho Virtuoso

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Disnomian Emperor Shion
    Level:
    Yeah I know about buff wipes, there are 50% bb/sbb mitigators too, for example i'm using ilm for it and bb support. This is also strategy, make sure the turns in which you don't have 100% mitigation don't have deadly attacks. Btw, mitigation buffs stack multiplicatively. Actually i'm choosing second shion on UoC, i got regil, will be using double shion lead only for exp farming, and double regil leader for hard contents (bb atk boost, bb support, mitigation,50% parameter), regil sp has status nullifier too for 30 sp. So, for hard content i'm using double regil leader, double shion for ubb spam, ilm for mitigator and bb support, felice for best bb support.

5. siegfried.bautista

siegfried.bautista Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    Double shion for hard content is a wast of a slot as even with sp options they provide the exact same buffs the ubb spam can easily be helped with any other OD filler eg reed or fina give different buffs to the party

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Wait, hang on... double Regil leads? Regil's lead skill doesn't give strong mitigation, it's 15% dmg reduction with SP. That's shittier than all the 20% dmg reduction leads out there. The reason we use a Regil lead or friend, one, singular, is because you can't stack two 20% dmg reduction leads. All the 20% dmg reduction/mit value leads have an activation condition, that kind of mit functions as a buff and can't stack. So we use one 20% dmg reduction lead (Ark, Hisui, Rain, Cleria, Mordlim, Lancelot, Beiorg, Fei and Fang, etc.) and then one Regil, because Regil's LS mit is static and can stack with anything.

But we don't usually do double Regil. I mean, it can work, but you're giving up 5% additive mitigation LS that way. I guess you get the plus point of two sparking Regils, but that seems a marginal benefit.

EDIT: I mean, for that matter, people don't usually go double Shion either - it's more common to bring Arus/Toki/Lilith if you want another infinite self-refill OD SBB, and if you don't particularly care for the second OD filler being infinite self-refill then people just go for stuff like Long, Fina, Freed, Zalts, Fizz and so on. Hell, I've even seen someone take Zeruiah even though there's an element add clash with Shion - Zeruiah does still provide spark blanket, ailment cleanse, emergency heal and so on. Functionally speaking just Shion and another OD filler - any other OD filler - is probably sufficient for Shion UBB uptime. Shion and two more if you want to be safe. Slot space is tight even in a Shion UBB spam build, you still need a mitigator, ailment cleanse and crap, so it makes sense to run OD fill units that actually provide different buffs rather than another Shion.

In general, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way, this whole thread comes off as kinda weird to me. You're talking as if what you're saying is some kind of undiscovered wisdom...which it isn't, since in my experience most people understand what Shion's UBB is meant to do. I mean, it's fair to talk about how to maximise this, but assuming people don't even know is kind of...strange.

This community's pretty well-educated by this point, and even if some players don't have encyclopedia level knowledge, I've generally found that people are pretty damn smart. Really, what I'm getting here is almost a sense of... "I'm doing it right, and all of you are too fucking dumb to realise you're doing it wrong". I don't know if that's what you mean, but it's sure as hell how it might come across. I like to think the best of people, so I figure that's not your intent. But it may be how others are reading it. It's how I read it at first, until I stopped and decided, nah, the thread's probably genuinely meant to be informative rather than e-peen waving. Just unfortunate phrasing or whatever.

7. Kenneth Kho

Kenneth Kho Virtuoso

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Disnomian Emperor Shion
    Level:
    Leader skills and ubb buff and extra skills (except "add... to bb/sbb") does stack, only bb/sbb buffs does not. Bb/sbb buffs replace each other. The main reason for double regil was double bb atk boost btw, actually double 15% miti is also good (30%), combined with 50% miti from bb/sbb, it's 80%. Yes, leader skill stacks additively. Only bb/sbb buffs don't stack and replace each other (except mitigation buff, bb/sbb will stack multiplicatively). Max HP can't be Buff wiped. You will need those though when there is buff wipes, 50%++ miti sometimes need to be always up for survival. Double shion is not only for od filler, it's a really good nuker and an all elemental buffer too at the same time (only from bb/sbb). It's fire, water, earth, thunder only without sp, add the sp and it's all 6 elements, also most of trial boss are light and dark actually. Of course if not possible it doesn't have to be double, although instant of filler are quite rare in the game. Also, u don't need units with instant full bb gauge, because u can do this by using bb manager.

8. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Mitigation buffs stack multiplicatively, mitigation lead skills stack additively - my point is that double Regil is losing 5% additive mitigation versus what the general conventional wisdom is (Regil plus Ark/Lancelot/Fei and Fang). Though it's true that functionally speaking this may not matter much in a squad which is already spamming Shion UBB specifically, and wanting the double BB atk LS is valid.

9. Kenneth Kho

Kenneth Kho Virtuoso

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Disnomian Emperor Shion
    Level:
    Yeah that's true, u can choose others as leader, regil is many people favorite though but if not lucky enough it's not essential.

10. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Yes, but you see, the way you're posting makes it sound like double Regil is the only way to go. It isn't.

I think you do have a point. You make a good case, your data is largely accurate, there's nothing wrong. My issue's mostly that you're presenting your way as overwhelmingly the only way to go.

I mean, for example - your OP said Shion UBB spam is "possible only when and if u have double Shion and u can make it SBB all the time", and that's just extremely misleading. There are several other OD fill units people use alongside Shion for sustaining Shion UBB, and you're simply not even acknowledging that. Players do it with Shion + Arus, Lilith, Toki, Fina, etc. This is far more common than double Shion, because many people wouldn't have double Shion of their own, and wouldn't want to use a Shion friend because the LS isn't so great in hard content.

(you're also severely underestimating buff wipe, I fear, since for example Guild Raid guardians can potentially have you eat a buff wipe every 3 turns, though people still do use Shion UBB spam strat in GR.)

11. Kenneth Kho

Kenneth Kho Virtuoso

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Disnomian Emperor Shion
    Level:
    Ok, you made a point, my thread is partially incorrect so I need to edit it. About buff wipes, even at trial 003 u already face buff wipes every 4 turns, so routine buff wipes are not special. Ubb is mainly for the huge damage (nuking), it's huge though because it's every 3 turns and u also need to figure out the timing of enemy ultimate attack so u can use the 100% miti. That's also why u need routine 50% miti. Not underestimating buff wipes btw.

12. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    Still not 100% accurate since you're saying Shion and the other OD filler need to be SBB to keep OD gauge up, but that doesn't apply to something like, say, Fina who has percentage OD fill on her regular BB.

13. Kenneth Kho

Kenneth Kho Virtuoso

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Disnomian Emperor Shion
    Level:
    No, it's accurate because even if fina doesn't need sbb, shion need sbb or it will be every 4 turns (shion sbb cost 62 crystal) unless of course u have to bring another extra od filler cmiiw.