What to do with Merit points

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChickenKing, Jun 26, 2015.

1. ChickenKing

ChickenKing Berserker

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Admonition Kanon
    Level:
    110+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Hello everybody I have 5000 Merit points and wonder what I should spend on them in the exchange hall. I looked around and people usually say Imp keys. Why should I get Imp keys? I know they can open the Imp world in Vortex Gate. But why are these "imps" good and they also cost 8000 points. I can even buy imps for only 500 points each. All help is welcomed!

2. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Thanatos

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    You do realize that imps permanently raise your unit's stats (have a cap tho, each unit different, look it up)
    And imp parade can net you a lot of imps, just wait for half energy vortex and get near lvl up and you can get a lot of runs from one key.

3. Eleiryn

Eleiryn QUACK QUACK BOOM Administrator

Leader:
    Divine Emperor Glowy
    Level:
    The general list of stuff to get is;
    • Imp keys (Imps permanently raise unit stats - makes content much easier)
    • Legend stones (used for old unit 7* evos, which tend to be insanely strong)
    • Spheres (only during special events with very high quality spheres)

Buying imps, imp altons, burst frogs, metal keys, 'normal' spheres, etc are all very cost-ineffective. Imp keys are, assuming you maximize their value properly, worth up to 8x their AP cost in imps, though imps in general are more of a mid-lategame thing.

Evo mats are somewhat personal preference. In general totems should be farmed, but nymphs/spirits/idols/pots won't kill you to buy occasionally since they're pretty cheap, and Bulbs are such a pain in the butt to farm that some people just buy them instead of running the vortex for 'em.

Priya likes this.
  4. ChickenKing

ChickenKing Berserker

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Admonition Kanon
    Level:
    110+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    oh, I did not realize that.

5. Alrisha

Alrisha Forum Stalker Moderator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ark / Ensa / Zeruiah
    Level:
    600+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Imp keys are used to open up Imp dungeon for an hour. Hard core imp farmers can do 50 runs in 1 hour. Each run can give you at most 3 imps. Totaling up to 150 imps that can be obtained from 1 imp keys. In comparison you can only get 16 imps total if you trade it from the store directly with 8000 merit points.

Although I don't recommend it to new players. You should level up first to get a decent energy pool before attempting to do imp dungeon runs.

6. OXStrident

OXStrident Ruling Star

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Kulyuk (Beiorg's/Sacred Axe/20% all stats El-Gif)
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Ark, Clash Royale, Brave Frontier
    Grab the daily imp keys (1 key can net you 100+ imps with the proper squad). If you already bought it but are at or near max, you can just buy a Legend Stone, as you will need it eventually. Otherwise just save the points for exclusive spheres and other goodies.

7. ChickenKing

ChickenKing Berserker

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Admonition Kanon
    Level:
    110+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    I'm only level 23, so I doubt I could get even one run in. So for me just buying imps are much easier. Btw can you keep adding imps to you're units or is they're a set amount of times you can do it?

8. Kenzou

Kenzou Supreme

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Rosetta, Griel, Kikuri, Colt
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Currently Playing:
    Pou - My virtual pet..
    How did hardcore can do 50 runs in 1 hour when the cost to run imp vortex is 50 energy (25 during event)?? Did they use gems to recover energy??

9. OXStrident

OXStrident Ruling Star

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Each unit has it's own set amount that you can view on the wiki or in the wiki app. However, don't worry about wasting imps, as the game won't allow you to fuse imps if you are at the cap or would go over.

10. OXStrident

OXStrident Ruling Star

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    I did 48 when half energy was around without any gems. It's 15 to run, not 50 lol. So during event it's only 8.

Kenzou likes this.
  11. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Thanatos

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    set amount, each unit different. You can look your untis up here
    http://touchandswipe.github.io/bravefrontier/unitsguide
    Imps are still somewhat rare to come by, so you should only imp the best of your units. Mainly units that can go 7*...or Grah.

12. Kenzou

Kenzou Supreme

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Rosetta, Griel, Kikuri, Colt
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Currently Playing:
    Pou - My virtual pet..
    Ahhh, i see.

13. ChickenKing

ChickenKing Berserker

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Admonition Kanon
    Level:
    110+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    How do I check what unit's of mine can go to level seven?
    Edit: Ignore this, that link you game me shows which unit's can, thanks for the help!

14. Pulsate

Pulsate Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Kιℓℓυa
    Leader:
    Maxed Robe / Alza / Zeis / Natsu
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Hearthstone (Legend) Competitive Gears of War 4
    If you're level 10~ as your profile says, I'd say just buy Imp keys but dont use them now. Imps become usefull when you can use a full 6* team, not before. But on the other hand, all the rest is useless for you aswell, so I'd just buy Imp keys but not use them now

15. Taikero

Taikero Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya/Juno-Seto/Randolph/Zeruiah
    Level:
    289+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dungeon Rush
    At this stage of the game, I'd ignore imp keys and only buy Legend Stones or wait for exclusive spheres that are worth it (this week's Wicked Blade is not worth it, but later Spheres might be). At level 25 you have no business imping ANY units yet. Focus on leveling your account, and once you get through a bunch of quests and understand the basic buffs and concepts around them and why you include them in specific squads, and understand unit typing and why it matters (and to what degree), and also understand which stats are important for specific unit types, then and only then should you go about imping.

Otherwise you'll non-jokingly imp out your Elimo's ATK stat....and then cry.

There's almost no way to "waste" a Legend Stone completely, however, so that's what I'd say you should stick to if you absolutely have to spend points. IMO it's better to aim for the points cap and wait for good spheres, but if you're at the cap and can't claim more AS points, and there isn't a good exclusive sphere available that weekend, buy a Legend Stone and work back up to the cap.

16. ChickenKing

ChickenKing Berserker

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Admonition Kanon
    Level:
    110+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 4
    Alright, thanks for the tip! I'm really new so I need all the help I can get and this really helped me out alot! I'll take your advice and use it. And what's the cap for points? Also everybody's talking about how good elimo is. How is she that good that everybody talks about her?

17. Pulsate

Pulsate Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Kιℓℓυa
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    He wont use the Legend Stones for a very very long time (even longer than imps, because Imps can be usefull with full 6* teams) and Legend Stones are unlimited whereas you can buy only 1 Imp Key per week. So I'd say buying imp keys is better but tbh after 2-3 weeks he will run out of points and will have to wait for months to use either Imp Keys or Legend Stones anyways so it wont change much
    Geldnite/Heavenly bud is not a good thing to buy for low levels because 3* / 4* / 5* units have very low damage and spark potential so damage spheres wont change much.
    However I would highly recommend buying the next Malice Jewel if you can save your points for it (15.000), because it's the only thing from AS that will be usefull at level 10 and still be usefull at level 300

18. Taikero

Taikero Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    289+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dungeon Rush
    The cap for points is 20,000 as far as I've seen. Elimo is a non-attacking 50% damage mitigator + 140% Defense buffer + healer (all on SBB), but can also step down to BB to cleanse (not prevent) debuffs on the team. Very solid unit with certain weaknesses, but in the right team, extremely powerful. Non-attacking means that imping the ATK stat is 99% pointless as this unit will almost never use its normal non-ability attack.

19. Taikero

Taikero Apollo

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Level:
    289+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Dungeon Rush
    Legend Stones will be useful by level 100-150. Imp keys aren't very useful until 180+ (200+ preferable) when your energy pool is large enough to not spend bookoo gems on the running of that dungeon. Not to mention the Breaker Mifune w/ 10+ ATK imps+Kikuri 7* (which requires a Legend Stone!) requirement for optimal runs.

Doesn't matter if Geldnite/Heavenly aren't overly useful until he starts Frogging out his 7* units, they WILL BE far, FAR, FAR better to have on hand as opposed to having missed them or gone with other items from the AS.

I do not recommend buying Malice Jewel in general because it's farmable and it's not that bad to go for once your Raid squad is up and going. I'm nearing completion on my second one (need two more Eyes from different bosses and I'm done) without much effort at all. I barely Raid due to time constraints and I'm doing just fine in this area. No reason to waste AS points on that. Legend Stones and ultra-rare spheres and Imp Keys are where it's at for the AS. Don't waste that potential, especially with how valuable imps are, how valuable old units going to 7* are becoming, and how much better long-term those secondary damage spheres are.

20. Pulsate

Pulsate Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Kιℓℓυa
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Well that's true for most players but he is very new. And I would rather have a sphere I can use now and will stil use at level 200-300 (dont forget he wont be able to beat Terminus for Legwand in a pretty long time, same goes for Malice farming in RC3). He has very limited points because of that but he will have a consistent amount of AP income because he didnt clear 95% of the "Records" category yet.
    Tbh the best option would just be to buy the first one appearing in the AS because he will probably get the 15.000 points back from daily challenges and Records before the next sphere rotation
    About Legend stones, I forgot that I had my first ones during the special event when you could get Legend Stones for 100 BP points before AS was released, so yeah having one Legend Stone before buying Imp keys would be a good idea

Legend Stones and Imp Keys will always be there and you wont need them before level 150-ish (I believe there is no point having a 7* unit if you cant fit a full 6* team with it). Spheres are the best option for now, buying Malice or depends on your opinion about it's usefullness.
    A Malice Jewel or two can make things much easier thank our Medulla's / Sacred Jewel for Karl, Grah, Maxwell, early Raid..etc.. and will still be used when you will be very high level or used to craft better stat spheres
    On the other hand Heavenly Bud and Geldnite Axe (which is still waiting for a nerf btw) are very good secondary spheres (needs sphere frogs, as i wouldnt use those spheres instead of a stat boost) worth buying in AS in general because you can only get them from very high Arena ranks (which tales much longer than leveling up to level 150-ish) and they might not appear in AS anymore so buying them early would be a safety for the future just in case they dont come back to AS by the time you could use them

I personally think Malice is way better than Geldnite/Heavenly Bud for a low level player mainly because those spheres are just luxury even for level 200-300+ players as they just help you clear Raids slightly faster (and get more contribution points but fck this lol most people afk in raid anyways) while Malice is truly usefull at any point in the game and by the time he can farm for as many Malice Jewel as he needs, he will have benefit greatly for that one Malice he got at low level from AS, without even being a waste of points as it will be usefull to craft Buffer..etc.. later on (Buffer and maybe the 40% all stat sphere will surely be available by the time he can farm RC3)

For higher level players will 10+ Legwand Gems who can farm RC3 easily and upgrade their Legwands into Malice, Geldnite/Bud are way better options obviously because they could be "one time only" spheres and Arena is a pain (and stat spheres arent a problem as you just need to farm raid to upgrade them)