1. Welcome summoner! Brave Frontier Forum is the number one Brave Frontier community. Our thriving community is the perfect place to ask for advice on that quest you're stuck on or to ask for tips on which units you should be using to make the ultimate squad! Be sure to sign up today, it only takes a moment! Registering will also hide in text advertisements!

why drop rate for idols so low?

Discussion in 'Quests & Vortex Gate' started by Fahu, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Fahu

Fahu Brawler

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Vargas
    why is that? I played over 24 hours on the volcano misson on the 3rd map, did every mission on that volcano and beat it over and over BUT NOT ONE DAM IDOL, SMH WTH DO A GUY GOTTA DO TO GET ONE DAM IDOL!!

dwaynekim likes this.
  2. Josh

Josh Eurynomos Administrator

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Empyreal Drake Lodin
    Level:
    16x
    Hunter Rank:
    Best off waiting until the Tuesday Vortex Gate quest for Idols, the drop rate is ridiculously low. I've always had a little more luck capturing them in St. Lamia when overkilling them with Brave Burst's. Might not be the case but works for me.

3. Cyvril

Cyvril General

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Death Magress
    Hunter Rank:
    Yeah.. it's ridiculously low to capture idols and heroes nowdays.. I dont know the reason why alim doing this to us lol

4. fluphy

fluphy Rookie

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    God knight will
    Level:
    i unintentionally caught one after meh 15x bloody forest runs

5. Cyvril

Cyvril General

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Death Magress
    Hunter Rank:
    Just got green idol in lomass forest, i think maybe in 2nd world map i forgot its name is easier to catch idol.. but it's still only my opinion

6. Alex

Alex Khaos

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Most pop leaders
    Hunter Rank:
    Does 2nd map mean Morgan?
    Shouldn't it be SPIRITS there?

7. Cyvril

Cyvril General

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Death Magress
    Hunter Rank:
    No, what i mean was cordelica maps

8. GФD

GФD Contender

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    HФŁY GФD A£M
    You are guarenteed one Idol by clearing Level 3 Tuesday Dungeon, you also have a slight chance of capturing the others you encounter.

I have yet to encounter a Idol in St. Lamia... I finished all the maps in St. Lamia and haven't see one Idol! SMH... >:/

9. Alex

Alex Khaos

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Most pop leaders
    Hunter Rank:
    Tried twice the TUE Dungeon, 4 idols caught.
    Felt like the drop rate would be slightly higher in the Dungeon than that in common map mission.
    Meanwhile, overkill seems to add the drop rate, slightly as well.

Cyvril likes this.
  10. stickit_ian_yah

stickit_ian_yah Rookie

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Holy Queen Luna (Tank)
    I have three units ready to evolve but need idols, first time trying level three on the tues dungeon and I got 3 idols from the first rounds but thats when I ran out of potions.. And no gems.. So yeah, didn't get them lol..

11. Cyvril

Cyvril General

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Death Magress
    Hunter Rank:
    Maybe u should just focusing the idol first dont kill the other enemies or using ur AoE BB coz its gonna kill the other weaker enemies, and if that happen and u catch one of them, u will not be able capture the idol anymore in that fight.. limited only 1 capture/fight

Koshchei and GФD like this.
  12. stickit_ian_yah

stickit_ian_yah Rookie

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Holy Queen Luna (Tank)
    Its a hard choice when you cant overpower them.. Either go for the idol first to get the highest chance to acquire it or kill the other enemies first so you can survive longer.
    Problem with the former is that it usually takes 2-4 rounds to kill one idol for me, and during that time I get slaughtered by the other two plus the idol with their dual attacks/specials.
    Problem with the latter is I probably wont get the idol that way

13. Cyvril

Cyvril General

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Death Magress
    Hunter Rank:
    Yeah its true if the other enemies are overpowered u, especially if they are the counter element of ur heroes. But if u already max out ur char, for exp lvl 40 sometimes it gonna makes u last longer ( with item and appropriate spheres ). And also its really tough if the idol using its BB for example "dement" for dark idol and the other enemy soceress chick i forgot her name ( with floating card arround her) she's dark type and also have "dement" BB, so its gonna be a massacre if ur lvl is not max out

14. Avery

Avery Heavyweight

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    World Tree Altro
    since its Tuesday today, (where I live anyways) And I needed to evolve some units, It took me 20 tries to get 2 water nymphs for my knight Zephu, (now Dragoon Zephu,) while the other nymphs I got were sky high. For the Spirits and Idols, they were incredibly easy, Water sprit and water idol for knight Zephu, Thunder Spirt and Idol for Thunder Eze. ( Now Thunder King Eze). At the end, I got my team all maxed out 4-star!

15. Josh

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Empyreal Drake Lodin
    Level:
    16x
    Hunter Rank:
    This is the best strategy! Tried all day on Tuesday to get a few more Fire Idols. Only managed to get three. :(

GФD and Cyvril like this.
  16. GФD

GФD Contender

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    HФŁY GФD A£M
    THIS! Is the best strategy ever, I agree with Josh 100%! I do this is Metal Paradise, I focus the Rarer Ghosts and 80% of the time I capture em! I haven't tryed this technique with Idol Dungeon because Im scared the sub-minions are going to wipe my team out... >.>

17. Cipuci

Cipuci General

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Holy Goddess Selena
    Level:
    89~
    Hunter Rank:
    Nice! I also do this in Metal Parade Quest.
    But i got more strategy too, its not a fact, still an opinion. I morely got capture monster by not overkill them. Like capturing a Pokemon, we have to weakaning them first then use the weakest attack unit to attack it. In Metal Parade, i usually does this and usually got the first monster i attacked. It still opinion though..

Cyvril likes this.
  18. Cyvril

Cyvril General

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Death Magress
    Hunter Rank:
    hmmm.. what an unusual method, but thanks for the info cipuci, gonna try it later in metal parade :)

19. Josh

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Empyreal Drake Lodin
    Level:
    16x
    Hunter Rank:
    Just used all my energy running Idols/Spirits/Nympth quests. Just need 3 more Fire Nympths and all my units in my Fire squad will be 5*! :D

20. Cyvril

Cyvril General

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Death Magress
    Hunter Rank:
    Best of luck for you josh ;)

: idols, drop rate