Why is Rain and Fina..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ykimchi, Nov 24, 2016.

1. ykimchi

ykimchi Archgod

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa | Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Future Fight | Soulking
    So I pulled an Anima Rain and Oracle Fina. Why are they regarded so highly? I don't even know how I would fit them in my squad. I use Ensa, Juno, Zenite, Miku, and Allanon. I have Quaid I can use for the element buff but then his BB atk boost would overlap with Ensa. No idea where they can fit in.

2. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Thanatos

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Just out of curiosity, if you read all their info, LS, ES, BBs, SP options and SP costs. What kind of impression do you get?:confused:

Also, don't worry about buff overlapping too much, a few overlaps here and there hardly make a difference with the bundle of buffs one OE unit can offer.
    Your current squad is decent enough as it is. Doesn't mean you cant make other decent squads with Rain and Fina.

3. siegfried.bautista

siegfried.bautista Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    Rain get crit negate(extremely hard to get and very useful with damage reduction)/Tri stat/def conversion buff he basically completely covers you for def alone
    Fina has heal/OD boost/status immune and cure( your fucked without it) the strongest attack conversion buff in all servers basically your damage will be top tier along with status immune and if you build properly near ubb spam ability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    I'm gonna try zooming in on the real point here. Which is this - Rain and Fina cover a wide array of defensive buffs that are increasingly needed in modern hard content, and that your current squad does not have.

Bold for emphasis. See, here's the thing - if you're running :dark:Ensa-Taya, :light:Juno-Seto, :earth:Zelnite, :light:Sakura Miku, :light:Allanon, this squad is actually pretty squishy by current hard content standards.

The chief problem, the real big issue, is you're completely lacking any sort of def stat buff, there's no def boost relative to other stat. Juno can do def boost relative to rec, but you have no def/rec to stack off unless using a tristat buffer friend. Juno has barrier, but barrier's really at its best when you're combining it with def, def stack, which this build does not do.

Squad also has no crit/ele/debuff null, though that's rather more minor a consideration. Anyway, point is, what you have is probably tanky enough for older stuff, sure. But power creep being what it is, new bosses being harder and harder... you get the idea.

Conversely, let's say you run... :fire:Rain, :dark:Ensa-Taya, :light:Juno-Seto, :earth:Zelnite, :light:Fina. This will do less damage, relatively speaking, but all the damage in the world isn't going to help you if the boss pounds your squad flat. Something like this is up to the current top standards of durability - your old squad is not.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    Yilun, KrisL, Nightvayne283 and 6 others like this.
  5. CGishter

CGishter Sage

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnitee
    Level:
    Much like the above guy said.... Not only do they both provide a LOT of good stuff but your current comp (without knowledge of your sp options and friends choices)

Your current squad is missing a lot of things and has other issues.

As for your comment overlap buffs.... It is very likely to happen no matter what and you even have an overlap of bc when hit (allanon and zelnite)

From what I can tell you have no attack or defense buff, only a defense conversation if you sp Juno right . These at critical buffs and currently are lacking in your squad.

Rain specifically would single handedly fill that role. His tri buff is of the same power as most units who only buff one and he has a 80% attack - >def conversion buff which normally someone needs to sp to upgrade a 70% convert to get. With sp he can be both 2 turn mitigation and bc/hc (if needed but zelnite has it covered so you can very more selfish options.... Like 20%all stat and an additional 20% def/hp. Combine with good lead skill and you have a top tier all stat, mitigation when dmg taken and has attack /def down debuffs on both lead skill and sbb giving him 6 total sources of team wide damage reduction. And lead skill is immunity to defense ignore effect. He is RIDICULOUSLY good.......

Fina is basically the closest to a replacement for allanon you can get in an omni. Both have some source of bc instant fill, OD fill, status cleanse and prevent (with sp or lead skill on fina), light and dark dmg mitigation, and burst heal

Allanon provides bc when hit which zelnite gives, all elements which either Quaid, Ciara, or an sp ark can give. Fina gives barrier, attack conversion from rec (100% conversion) and her lead skill is no slouch either.... If you sp it 60 % rec and hp and 150% attack (4 elements in party required) 25% bc cost reduction and status immune.

Together specifically (both lead /friend) they provide SO much. Right now your miku is barely effective cause most content is immune to crit and you don't want it in raid so really only useful in FH.

I would do a squad along the lines of (if can) rain lead with 2 turn mitigation
    fina (friend)
    zelnite
    ensa (I'd sp bc on spark)

some source of heal over time (mine is Gabriella, she also does 2 turn ele/crit immune, Juno would work and then you have a backup mitigrator and revive ) rize would let you get HoT and a nuker

wtv for last spot. Ark with all elements and elements immune (if you can't gabby like me) or Quaid or something for all elements of just a nuker of some kind. I used galtier for revive ubb and more instant od/bc fill

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    Eleiryn likes this.
  6. ykimchi

ykimchi Archgod

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Ensa | Avant
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Future Fight | Soulking
    Wow I didn't realize my team was that squishy. Thanks for the ideas, it's too bad :light:Miku can't fit anywhere now.
    I just got my :fire:Azurai, how could he fit in with :fire:Rain or :light:Fina?
    I plan to use :earth:Quaid as my element buffer since I don't have :light:Ark.

7. bretrick01

bretrick01 North Star

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Omni Zeru, Cleria, Zelnite, others on req.
    Level:
    +500
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FGO
    In general
    Rain Lead
    Fina
    Azurai
    Spark buffer
    Elemental buffer i.e. Quaid (bb on hit sp recommended)
    Friend to fit situation ex. Zelnite for BB spam, Avant for raid damage, Ark for survival and LS, etc.
    Btw use Rain after Azurai to get better tri-stat buff, which shouldn't be a big deal since Azurai is used first for offensive buffs

8. siegfried.bautista

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    You don't really need azuria with rain Tri stat conflict and azuria really only brings crit buff if you have rain not to mention if you do want azuria you bring him as friend and slot in bb management in his slot rain has midi after certain damage and I think it fairly low I think it was 5k or something to proc

9. bretrick01

bretrick01 North Star

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Omni Zeru, Cleria, Zelnite, others on req.
    Level:
    +500
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FGO
    Ok, 400% BB atk (clashes with Quaid but he goes first anyway so doesn't matter), 75% crit and crit rate 60% which isn't common to have both, plus he's basically a nuker paied with is self buffs on BB. Its ok to have some buffs clash two especially with the squad I made since logically Azurai would go before Rain. Now trials and harder content is a different story. Crit resist and his long BC fill makes him lackluster. Just my opinion

10. siegfried.bautista

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    Iam telling him to use a friend rather than using a slot for azurai that would give him as much efficacy with slots rather than wasting azuria on a sub slot azurai is a decent sub but shine as a lead why cripple him when he's a common friend anyway

11. CGishter

CGishter Sage

Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Zelnitee
    Level:
    What sieg said.....

No azurai isn't useless but if you have rain.... He is down to crit and bb atk.... Bb atk is super common and critical doesn't work on most hard content (and is frowned upon in raid since usually only the main body is vulnerable and the side parts have the rare drops for spheres so you don't want the main body dead before them) means that azurai most useful features become his leader skill (which is great for all stats and flat 10%mitigation alone) and he hits hard..... The rest of his kit tends to conflict given this situation.

Other things can be more useful so if you want to use him make sure you are getting his leader skill out of it

12. Daciks

Daciks Bia

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Pumberkiny-Available upon request
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Touhou, Brave Frontier
    if you have Elza, you could totally replace Ensa with her, Juno with Rain, and Allanon with Quaid. Maybe drop Zelnite for Fina if you take bb/hit with Quaid.

13. Hurricanecris24

Hurricanecris24 Eukleia

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Haile
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Azurai lead with rain fina juno Gabriela and ark friend with all elements and element damage negation has been my new team and it's tanky as hell, been clearing raids on full auto and new content has been a breeze

14. Yilun

Yilun Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    All Meta Units
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Gat-damn... Can I hire you to be my defense attorney when I accidently do something stupid later on? That was a drop-the-mic post if I've ever seen one. Great job good sir. It feels like us old veterans are fighting a losing battle here, LOL. Kids these days raise 5 OE units and think they have "beaten" the game. SMH ;)

Nightvayne283 likes this.
  15. Yilun

Yilun Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    All Meta Units
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Here's the "god-tier" squad that I run:
    Ark OE (lead), Rain, Fina, Gabriela, Elza, Azurai (friend). Conversely, you can use Azurai lead and take an Ark friend if you have to. Rain's LS is only good when you need to deal with ignore defense null (like the latest Seria trial). But more often than not, Ark LS is still widely regarded as superior for difficult content. For Raid, I swap Fina out for Rize (breaker) for more damage, if necessary. This has got to be one of the most balanced squads I have ever assembled in the current meta to date...

16. DeltaHorizon020

DeltaHorizon020 Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    XXXXXXXXXX
    Leader:
    Kanon and Zelnite (Upcoming in Future)
    Level:
    370 and slightly Increasing
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Word Cookies :3
    Five horsemen of apocalypse. LOL. I would switch Fina with Asuto just for the lulz :p

17. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    This is what happens when my desire to be helpful collides with my natural propensity for snark...
    Unfortunately we are not yet able to make a five horsemen of the apocalypse squad. No, I mean, see, look:
    :dark:Galtier (Lead) + :water:Vernil, :light:Sodis, :thunder:Rashil, (empty slot)

Unless I'm forgetting someone, I don't think there's anyone else on a horse.

18. DeltaHorizon020

DeltaHorizon020 Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    XXXXXXXXXX
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    [​IMG]
    Nice joke u got there ;) (Inb4 the next unit would be the horse itself)

Mortis likes this.
  19. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Lukroar, Shion
    :light:Unicorn (horse), :dark:Febros (half horse), with possible honourable mentions to Exvehl and Zeruiah for also having hooves but not quite being horse. Trust me, I have thought long about the horse meta.

DeltaHorizon020 likes this.
  20. DeltaHorizon020

DeltaHorizon020 Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    XXXXXXXXXX
    Leader:
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 5
    Currently Playing:
    Speaking of horses. Horray for another Genderless OE!!!!! Hope the next genderless OE would be based on horses :p