whys the forum so dead now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jiinkazama25, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Jiinkazama25

Jiinkazama25 Brawler

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Zenia
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    i used to be a active player and active on this forum 2 years ago and it was always mental how this forum was active
    but it seems now this forum as died down

how comes just wondering

sparda69x likes this.
  2. Henshen

Henshen Calamity Host

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Zero/Avant/Azurai (in the works)
    Level:
    400+ (SM:94)
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Devo- Whip It
    I figure that the implementation of guilds contributed to it being a little quieter around here than usual.

These forums still get pretty active from time to time; us forumers are watching for new threads to appear!

3. siegfried.bautista

siegfried.bautista Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    Guilds and just outright Notting to do or talk about other then the post asking for party build and what not there is just no activity to really discuss you will find most former lurking waiting for new post or just doing something else and not viewing to forum until later on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Cantdrownafish

Cantdrownafish Thanatos

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    EXPERIENCE
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Guilds created a need for in real time chat so active people go to chat programs to discuss the game. Information is then shared on those chats and then there is less need to post on the forums.

Forums is still a great place to meet new people, but that's about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

5. et477

et477 Crusader

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Selena(My friends need it lols), Gabriella
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Hearthstone
    Just launch a huge hate thread against rain or smth stating he's absolutely useless and crap and you'll start ww3. Easy peasy.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

LunarEmerald and Eleiryn like this.
  6. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Ark, Zelnite
    This is just one fan forum. There are other places where Brave Frontier discussion takes place - the official Gumi forums, the subreddit, the Appinvasion forums, and so on. Activity here isn't necessarily a measurement of overall player activity.

As others have mentioned, the existence of guilds has also effectively resulted in some chat moving off public forums to things like Discord, Line, WhatsApp, WeChat, etc. groups.

Finally, it is possible that overall activity and player interest in Brave Frontier has declined from its peak. The game is now three years old, and like any game there's going to be some churn in player numbers. People leave for other similar apps like FFBE (by the same developers), Granblue Fantasy, Fate Grand Order, and so on. The recent announcement of Brave Frontier II might also have some impact in this regard.

sparda69x and KrisL like this.
  7. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    Hahahah, it is kinda noticeable lately more than ever before. Seems like the JP subforum here completely died out in Nov 2016.:rofl: Soon enough the EU subforum will become the most active thing around here.:p

The biggest factor is indeed Guilds. Instead of it bringing the whole community together, it divided it. Most guild activities are in third app chats. And even the chats aren't as active as before, 80+ member line chats have been downgraded to 45-ish Guild members only chats.

There are other factors as well imo:
    - Simply some forum-active people have just quit or retired. And this creates a chain reaction - without a discussion to participate in, your forum activities are are cut down as well. And on the other hand, if you yourself try to pump up the activity by making multiple threads or whatnot, there is a high chance you'll be accused of begin some sort of glory hog by us, the judgemental pricks that we are.:D There really is no winning this.
    - A handful of people got annoyed with certain threads. Like people got annoyed when people, who didn't themselves summon, made a summon "megathread". Some peeps would be willing to post their results or opinions, but not willing to make the thread itself. And since making a summon results thread without yourself having summoned has been deemed unethical, there is no Rahotep summon thread atm (not that it might bloom into an active thread anyway).
    - Summoner Arc. This thing was gonna be either a hit or a miss. For most, it felt like a miss and are ignoring it. thus aren't also interested in having discussions around it.
    - We got bored, I guess? Fora while now, most units have the skills we've seem before, most trials have the gimmicks, we've experienced before. At least for me, I don't feel like showing off with "hard content" clear results done with d I powercreep units, posting the squadid it with and yada yada. A lot of content has been reduced to a simple "grind" and arent worth having many discussions about anymore: FH - a grind, RC6- a grind, colo- a grind, quest mode- a grind. Must be just me, but for some threads I'd just get a deja vu feeling and aren't interested in it. But it really feels like overall player interest in BF has declined.

All in all, its a community. We need interactions to function. If say half of the forum activists become inactive, it gives the other half even less motivation and activities decline even further than just "half" imo.

Dragoon, Spritz, KrisL and 2 others like this.
  8. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Ark, Zelnite
    The thing is - for some players the guild system has been massive in terms of providing meaningful social interaction and actually making things feel like a community. Brave Frontier, like a lot of phone apps, has never been a truly fantastic multiplayer experience. Guilds have helped bolster this to some extent.

The trouble is that... this whole community-building aspect of guilds is only true if you're lucky enough to be in an active guild that has 40-ish people that are actually cool to talk with, or active enough to do shit in guild events. In that respect, yes, it has massively segregated the community into little pockets of mini-communities, and then a great confused mass of players who aren't in a guild, or aren't in a well-organised guild.

KrisL, Nightvayne283 and Eleiryn like this.
  9. siegfried.bautista

siegfried.bautista Savior

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    ensa
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    brave frontier
    to be honest most post on the forum now are mostly from the noobie people who have been around most likely won't be posting stuff like yay I bet this trial or that vortex mostly due to well laziness and the conversion moving to your guild and the chatting app your guild uses but most of the time we still lurk on the form looking for stuff we feel like helping on however the community is still active just in clusters now it may seem lonely on the forum right now so if you do want to chat rather then just get help join a guild the community is still pretty much there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Beyond Z

Beyond Z Almighty

Friend ID:
    xxxx40xxxx
    Leader:
    Stya
    Level:
    300+
    Hunter Rank:
    Currently Playing:
    Dark Souls 3
    I mean, how Guilds have reduced the activities in these forums somewhat imo. For example, most things I already discuss in the guild chat and have no motivation to discuss it again in these forums. Like say a unit review/usability discussion or trial gimmicks.

11. Mischievous

Mischievous Cherubium

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Anna Kendrick
    Level:
    (。-`ω´-)
    Because we invaded in Russia in the winter. smh. You'd expect that we'd learn by now.

KrisL and Daciks like this.
  12. bretrick01

bretrick01 Suppressor

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    A mystery
    Leader:
    Omni Ark, Rain, Elza, Zelnite, others on req.
    Level:
    +300
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    BF duh, Overwatch
    Meh, if you want to hang you could join our discord chat which has lots of forum folk, : p

13. RainyRai

RainyRai Demeter

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Underworld Guardian Sparky
    Level:
    higher then a mountain that smokes weed
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    The piano
    Because everyone quit when Brave Frontier 2 was announced. No one plays Brave Frontier anymore, we play Brave III

Nightvayne283 and bretrick01 like this.
  14. Pulsate

Pulsate Dark Destroyer

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    PM me
    Leader:
    Azurai/Rain/Zeruiah
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Competitive Gears of War (Xbox)
    Like a lot of people Ive been less active on BF Forum lately, mostly because of Guilds. If you're in a guild with a good chunk of the active members of the forum and you chat on Line,Discord,Whatsapp...etc... then you dont really chat on forum much (even if it might not be the primary goal of the forum in the first place) and only use it to help people from time to time and give you opinion on major news. I used to discuss those news a lot here but now that we're all in guilds with chat apps, I usually just throw a wall of text on forum to giv my opinion and the discussion happens in Guild chat (y)

Also it feels like summoner Arc reduced the rate of content release. Maybe it's just me tho, but I feel like I have a lot less to do that is not guild related compared to before, even if I still had a lot of content to catch up because I wasnt playing much for 2-3 months.

When there's a new major announcement (like that BF 2 thing hehe) people usually get active again.

I dont think it's a bad thing to be "split" into smaller groups/guilds via chat apps with 30-50 people per group/guild. It feels more like a friend or "family" (you get what I mean lol) approach rather than a community approach (forums).
    OFC those chats alrady existed before Guild became a major part of the game for a lot of us but as @Beyond Z said it used to be between community aspect and "family" since the groups were like 80+ players with a bunch of lurkers.

Guilds didn't "kill" the community aspect (the forums), people are still there lurking. I think the active members just talk less here and the Reddit sub is still active. I guess AppInvasion and other forums aren't dead either

KrisL likes this.
  15. Acyl

Acyl

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Just ask.
    Leader:
    Ensa-Taya, Ark, Zelnite
    Yup, I agree with you. I wasn't disagreeing, the post I made was intended to imply something like 'well, you could argue the guild system has improved the community in some ways, but in other ways Beyond Z is completely right'.

The other thing I was trying to say, though, was that... for people in good guilds, the reduction in forum activity is not actually a problem, because we have high-quality interaction elsewhere. However, the fact these forums are less active may be an issue for people who aren't in guilds, or people whose guilds aren't active.

Beyond Z likes this.
  16. ZURA

ZURA Phoebus

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Varies
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Brave Frontier, Overwatch(PS4), Skyrim SE(PS4)
    I find it problematic. All my OG buddies are dropping like flies. :(

17. TheLanimal89

TheLanimal89 Divine

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    Rain,Fina,Zelnite
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    FF XV
    I feel like there is only so many "Help me build a squad!" and "what's the best SP build for ____?" threads to create/read/comment on. Not too much new content has been out. Possibly the fact that BF2 was announced maybe it scared some users away also? I know that there will still be Brave Frontier once Brave Frontier 2 comes out, but it has caused me to drastically drop the $$ I put into the game, which means less time on it.

18. SacredShadows

SacredShadows Twilight

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    What ever floats my boat at the moment
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Currently Playing:
    Good ole' Brave Frontier (And CS:GO)
    I dont know, i legit forgot this forum still existed lmaoo.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

TheLanimal89 likes this.
  19. Yilun

Yilun Perses

Server:
    Global
    Friend ID:
    Leader:
    All Meta Units
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6
    Because all exploits and guild trade secrets must now be kept in-house for your own guild's eyes to see or you risk revealing too much and having everyone compete for the coveted top 10 rankings ;)

But in all truthfulness, the game's peak has passed, plain and simple. Most activity spikes are when new units arrive. But then we all remember what little to no-new content is available to use them on and we shrink back into our hyper-sleep.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Nightvayne283 and Kira99 like this.
  20. Kira99

Kira99 Suppressor

Server:
    Global
    Leader:
    Zelnite, Lauda, Galtier
    Level:
    Hunter Rank:
    Raid Class:
    RC 6